FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

F22's Latest Rootfs (Apr 19th, 2011) Highlandsun's RIL Support Patches Merged + More

342 posts
Thanks Meter: 143
 
By F22, Senior Member on 31st January 2011, 06:57 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
15th April 2011, 05:58 PM |#201  
Christiaan91's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Everywhere
Thanks Meter: 291
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by F22

What rhodium model are you using? And assuming it's a Rhod100, what country has the keyboard been localized for?

Indeed a rhod100, nl keyboard. (rhod100_nl)
 
 
15th April 2011, 08:02 PM |#202  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 143
 
More
Getting ë é á à on the rhod100_nl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christiaan91

Indeed a rhod100, nl keyboard. (rhod100_nl)

That one has no special characters with accents or umlauts printed on the keyboard so no such keys were added to the key map. To make things even more troublesome, other symbols are printed in their place. For example, where the Spanish keyboard has é printed alongside the E, the Dutch keyboard has €, where the Spanish keyboard has í printed alongside the I, the Dutch keyboard has =, and where the Spanish keyboard has ñ printed alongside the N, the Dutch keyboard has /. So that makes adding them to the key map in an intuitive, easy to find way troublesome.
19th April 2011, 04:46 AM |#203  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 143
 
More
New April 18th Rootfs
Lots of New Stuff...
  • Highlandsun's rootfs RIL support patches have been merged. There is no longer a need to hand patch my rootfs if you want to use his RIL.
  • The file size of my rootfs.img has been significantly reduced without any loss of functionality.
  • The 7z dictionary size has been reduced from 16MB to 1MB so the file can be decompressed on the TP2 if someone chooses.
  • mweirauch's latest patch to the official git which adds sysfs write support for the amber led and autobacklight has been added.

As always, see the 1st post in this thread for the download info.

Enjoy!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to F22 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift F22 Ad-Free
19th April 2011, 05:24 AM |#204  
wmg316's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Tyler, TX
Thanks Meter: 469
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by F22

April 18, 2011 Update - Highlandsun's rootfs RIL support patches have been merged into my rootfs. There are now two versions, a vanilla version without support for his ril, and a second version with all the rootfs patches needed to support it. Note that you'll still need the RIL and any other modifications he may have made to the system.ext2 partition.

---snip....

Sorry for the stupid question, but do we still need to edit the froyo.user.conf file:
Quote:

Open conf/froyo.user.conf in your favorite text editor
Within the custom_shells{} section of froyo.user.conf, add:
mount --bind /sdcard/bindfiles/lib/libhtcgeneric-ril.so /lib/froyo/libhtcgeneric-ril.so

19th April 2011, 05:41 AM |#205  
toadlife's Avatar
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Lemoore, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,019
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmg316

Sorry for the stupid question, but do we still need to edit the froyo.user.conf file:

Yes you do.
The Following User Says Thank You to toadlife For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift toadlife Ad-Free
19th April 2011, 05:45 AM |#206  
toadlife's Avatar
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Lemoore, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,019
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by F22

Lots of New Stuff...

  • Highlandsun's rootfs RIL support patches have been merged. There is no longer a need to hand patch my rootfs if you want to use his RIL.
  • The file size of my rootfs.img has been significantly reduced without any loss of functionality.
  • The 7z dictionary size has been reduced from 16MB to 1MB so the file can be decompressed on the TP2 if someone chooses.
  • mweirauch's latest patch to the official git which adds sysfs write support for the amber led and autobacklight has been added.

As always, see the 1st post in this thread for the download info.

Enjoy!

not scbs integration?

If not that's ok. I can remount it and put it in myself.

All you need to do to integrate scbs is put the scbs binary in /bin and put the following lines of code in init, (it's near the bottom after the camera device gets created):

Code:
dev=$(cat /sys/class/scbs/0/dev | sed -e "s/:/ /g")
mknod /dev/scbs0 c $dev

scbs -d -co /sdcard/scbs.conf
The Following User Says Thank You to toadlife For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift toadlife Ad-Free
19th April 2011, 05:45 AM |#207  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 3,834
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmg316

Sorry for the stupid question, but do we still need to edit the froyo.user.conf file:

Yes, assuming that's the way you deploy his RIL.

Note - hyc has two types of RIL. His 'first' RIL in post #1 in his testing thread. This does not require any rootfs changes.

However, if you look at post #6 in his testing thread, you'll see a second RIL - which requires rootfs changes. They are fully backwards compatible, so there's no issue you can run either RIL with these rootfs changes - but that 2nd RIL requires the updated rootfs to run correctly.
The Following User Says Thank You to arrrghhh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift arrrghhh Ad-Free
19th April 2011, 07:03 AM |#208  
toadlife's Avatar
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Lemoore, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,019
 
Donate to Me
More
Houston, we've got a problem!
F22,

You put an old broken version of hyc's init script in your rootfs, which causes data connection to fail.

See this post.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=329
19th April 2011, 09:56 AM |#209  
toadlife's Avatar
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Lemoore, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,019
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by toadlife

F22,

You put an old broken version of hyc's init script in your rootfs, which causes data connection to fail.

See this post.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=329


Actually it looks like the error outlined in that post is not the issue. It finally got data to work with your rootfs by copying in the init.android file from hyc's rootnew.zip file.
19th April 2011, 04:48 PM |#210  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 143
 
More
init.android
Quote:
Originally Posted by toadlife

Actually it looks like the error outlined in that post is not the issue. It finally got data to work with your rootfs by copying in the init.android file from hyc's rootnew.zip file.

init.android doesn't appear to be one of the files included in the merge request.
19th April 2011, 05:10 PM |#211  
toadlife's Avatar
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Lemoore, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,019
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by F22

init.android doesn't appear to be one of the files included in the merge request.

Well then it seems whoever did the merge request goofed.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes