Thanks Meter: 931

By bakpinar, Inactive Recognized Developer on 18th January 2011, 09:11 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th April 2011, 03:45 PM |#981  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikctsh

We are having the same phone . However , my linked application will only experience force close when the sdcard was unable to be detected for some reasons during boot time . I've discuss with bakpinar and tried a lot of solution as well including fix permission , run a command , using root tools , rom manager and a more , but none of them seem to be work , so you don't have to waste time testing with the methods i've mentioned . However , recently i found an application named "root and me" . Well , i don't know what is that thing but in the description , it was written "*NEW UPDATE FIXES APP CRASH AND FIXES UNNECESSARY PERMISSIONS! DISREGARD COMMENTS!" . I haven't try with it yet . Perhaps you can try using that to FIX UNNECESSARY PERMISSIONS ? And if you have tried and it works , please let me know . If it doesn't work as well , you don't have to worry much because bakpinar is about to release a new version with multi-select function , maybe there is an option to reinstall (hope so) ?

Thanks for the reply.

I am not sure how "root and me" would help. But you are right. This happens anytime after the phone boots up without the SD card. Android would fail to find the apk and that's when they lose their permissions. It's strange how facebook continue to work.

Anyways, link2sd already has reinstall option, which works. It's just annoying if you use ADW to create custom shortcut, the shortcut goes away.

I am going to only link apps that work. And link apps that doesn't to /cache instead. BTW, linking large .so files to the sdcard using adb also saves internal storage.

20th April 2011, 08:42 AM |#982  
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by psirage

Thanks for the reply.

I am not sure how "root and me" would help. But you are right. This happens anytime after the phone boots up without the SD card. Android would fail to find the apk and that's when they lose their permissions. It's strange how facebook continue to work.

Anyways, link2sd already has reinstall option, which works. It's just annoying if you use ADW to create custom shortcut, the shortcut goes away.

I am going to only link apps that work. And link apps that doesn't to /cache instead. BTW, linking large .so files to the sdcard using adb also saves internal storage.

Facebook can continue work ? Strange...my facebook will crash . For me , all version of Angry Birds never experience any crash . I wish to link .so files as well but i just don't know how to do that , so i guess i will only be able to wait for bakpinar's new update . To prevent your phone from having that problem , i suggest you to change a new sdcard , this is because since i changed my sdcard from 8gb class 2 to 16gb class 4 , i haven't facing that issue so far . Hence i think the problem must be related to the sdcard .
20th April 2011, 01:46 PM |#983  
Flag NY
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:

Originally Posted by lcmartin
Looking for this feature I have found your apk, it is exactly what I was requiring for my Tablet Coby MID7015, operating under Android Eclair.

I followed all the instructions and have partitioned my SD card (it is a 16Gb Kingston class 2).

My tablet is rooted and I have tried two different ways to create a recognizable partition, using MiniTool partition wizard and using Ubuntu, in both cases the partition was created succesfully but was not recognized by the tablet.

In fact once partitioned any of both partitions was recognized.

Link2SD displays a message saying thet the partition not found.

I have asked this question before in a Tablets Forum and got some answers, one recommending to partition NAND(?) and the excelent recommendation to better contact you.

The forum is androidtablets dot net/forum/coby-tablets/11299-coby-7015-link2sd-ext2-partition-not-found.html[/url] (I had to writte it in this way since the forum was not allowing links)

May you help me?

Regards from Chile

To determine the external storage (SD Card) location, Link2SD uses Environment.getExternalStorageDirectory (not hard coded "/sdcard").

Can you run "set" command from terminal on your tablet and check EXTERNAL_STORAGE environment varible.

This should be your external SD card mount point, but I see that on some tablet models EXTERNAL_STORAGE points to internal storage (built in NAND) instead of SD card device.

Bakpinar, I run the "set" command I have got EXTERNAL_STORAGE=/sdcard
What shall I do now?

The same Problem for me
20th April 2011, 04:11 PM |#984  
Flag Skopje
Thanks Meter: 148

More
Guys,I have a problem.I can successfully link some apps but when linking other apps they disappear from the phone.I can't find them anywhere.I previously had them,but when I linked them they disappeared.Please help.
20th April 2011, 08:42 PM |#985  
Portland, OR, USA
Thanks Meter: 455

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdespotovski

Guys,I have a problem.I can successfully link some apps but when linking other apps they disappear from the phone.I can't find them anywhere.I previously had them,but when I linked them they disappeared.Please help.

Does Link2SD still list them as linked? If so, you can try selecting each of the missing apps and clicking reinstall. If they aren't listed, see if the apk files for those apps are in the /data/sdext/ directory using a file manager like root explorer or through a terminal.
20th April 2011, 09:53 PM |#986  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Istanbul
Thanks Meter: 931

More
UPDATE:
- added option to link library (.so) files along with apk and dex files
- added automatic linking option for the new installed apps
- added ability to link/unlink apk, dex and lib files separately
- added '->' linked indicator to Apk, Dex and Lib labels
- added lib file size and link status information
- added lib size to sort options
- some bugfixes

The main improvement in this version is option to link the native library (*.so) files that some apps install in their /data/lib directory.
These libraries are typically quite large, so moving them to SD will free up space on the internal storage.
I added lib size info both to main list page and app detail page so you can see how much space you'll free up if you link it.

Another improvement is that, you can link/unlink apk, dex and lib files separately, that is, you can link or unlink all three or any two of three or even only one of them.

Another new addition is auto linking option for new installed applications. You can enable/disable this feature and select which files will be linked automatically from the new settings menu.

And some bug fixes and code improvements.

Hope you enjoy!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to bakpinar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bakpinar Ad-Free
20th April 2011, 09:58 PM |#987  
Flag NY

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakpinar

UPDATE:
- added option to link library (.so) files along with apk and dex files
- added automatic linking option for the new installed apps
- added ability to link/unlink apk, dex and lib files separately
- added '->' linked indicator to Apk, Dex and Lib labels
- added lib file size and link status information
- added lib size to sort options
- some bugfixes

The main improvement in this version is option to link the native library (*.so) files that some apps install in their /data/lib directory.
These libraries are typically quite large, so moving them to SD will free up space on the internal storage.
I added lib size info both to main list page and app detail page so you can see how much space you'll free up if you link it.

Another improvement is that, you can link/unlink apk, dex and lib files separately, that is, you can link or unlink all three or any two of three or even only one of them.

Another new addition is auto linking option for new installed applications. You can enable/disable this feature and select which files will be linked automatically from the new settings menu.

And some bug fixes and code improvements.

Hope you enjoy!

Hello friend, great job, sadly, could not do on my tablet Coby MID7015. Does not recognize the partition. I am anxious to use your app. A hug
20th April 2011, 10:29 PM |#988  
Flag NY

More
Code:
$ export PATH=/data/local/bin:$PATH
$mount
rootfs / rootfs ro 0 0
tmpfs /dev tmpfs rw,mode=755 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts rw,mode=600 0 0
proc /proc proc rw 0 0
sysfs /sys sysfs rw 0 0
tmpfs /sqlite_stmt_journals tmpfs rw,size=4096k 0 0
tmpfs /tmp tmpfs rw,size=4096k 0 0
tmpfs /broadcasting tmpfs rw,size=512k 0 0
/dev/block/mtdblock2 /system yaffs2 rw 0 0
/dev/block/mtdblock5 /data yaffs2 rw,nosuid,nodev 0 0
/dev/block/mtdblock4 /cache yaffs2 rw,nosuid,nodev 0 0
/sys/bus/usb /proc/bus/usb usbfs rw 0 0
/dev/block/ndda1 /nand vfat rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,uid=1000,gid=1015,fmask=0702,dmask=0702,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
/dev/block//vold/179:1 /sdcard vfat rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,uid=1000,gid=1015,fmask=0702,dmask=0702,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
$
And

Code:
export PATH=/data/local/bin:$PATH
$ $ls -l /dev/block/vold
brw-rw---- root     root     179,   1 2011-04-20 13:41 179:1
brw-rw---- root     root     179,   0 2011-04-20 13:41 179:0
$
20th April 2011, 11:47 PM |#989  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
tablet, Coby, 2.1 rooted
bakpinar: I reformatted my 8gb sdcard with Partition Wizard but the Coby will not recognize the card after doing it. I also tried Easeus Partition which appears to be same program different name but link2sd still tells me no 2nd partition...probably because Coby won't mount the card. Any ideas on what I may not be doing? Both partitions(fat32 & ext 2) are primary. thx
20th April 2011, 11:49 PM |#990  
Portland, OR, USA
Thanks Meter: 455

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabricioemmerick

Code:
/dev/block/vold/179:1 /sdcard vfat rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,uid=1000,gid=1015,fmask=0702,dmask=0702,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
And

Code:
$ls -l /dev/block/vold
brw-rw---- root     root     179,   1 2011-04-20 13:41 179:1
brw-rw---- root     root     179,   0 2011-04-20 13:41 179:0

It doesn't appear like your sd card contains a second partition which is needed for Link2SD. If you did, 179:2 would be listed in the /dev/block/vold directory and is what Link2SD tries to mount. As you can see from your mount command output, the /sdcard partition is mounted on 179:1 since that represents the first partition of the removable media device located at 179:0.

Quote:
Originally Posted by voy108

bakpinar: I reformatted my 8gb sdcard with Partition Wizard but the Coby will not recognize the card after doing it. I also tried Easeus Partition which appears to be same program different name but link2sd still tells me no 2nd partition...probably because Coby won't mount the card. Any ideas on what I may not be doing? Both partitions(fat32 & ext 2) are primary. thx

Does the Coby tablet support ext2 filesystems? If not, you will either need to get a compatible ext2.ko module to enable support or make the second partition fat32 also.
21st April 2011, 12:06 AM |#991  
Flag NY

More
Hello friend thanks for replying, actually after several tests, I had to format and leave only one partition so you can use the memory card. That's why it appeared only one partition, did more commands to see what our friend bakpinar can do to help us. I've tried also to create the ext2 partition and does not recognize too. It seems that we do not have this module loaded in our system. I had to find a compatible chipset and Android Eclair. I found this topic here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/arch.../t-894305.html
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
link2sd, link2sd issues

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)