FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[kernel][ginger] I9000 reoriented vG.4.0 04.16.2012

290 posts
Thanks Meter: 408
 
By xcaliburinhand, Retired Recognized Developer on 20th April 2011, 01:19 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
21st April 2011, 12:24 AM |#121  
mrhaley30705's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag North Georgia
Thanks Meter: 2,458
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxlong27

this is in the op but just wanted to let u know that if u flash with the new bootloaders to get to download mode hold vol down menu and press power. recovery is hold vol up and power although we cant use recovery just yet which im sure your aware of. flash loserskaters odin package after u flash the stock rom its much better. it also enables the screen off animation

Thanks for reminding me. Sounds a lot easier yo use jig for dl mode.
 
 
21st April 2011, 12:28 AM |#122  
oxlong27's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Beaver Springs Pa
Thanks Meter: 154
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaiKaiDo

haha Thanks for the encouragement man. Its really more of the recovery menu not working properly. once thats fixed (which it should be tonight), ill be all over gingerbread

yeah the recovery thing sucks but damn i sure am grateful to be running gingerbread. i flashed cm7 and miui a few times but had signal issues everytime with every modem and kernel combo i tried could never get it fixed but this works flawlessly. for me anyway. good luck man enjoy. are u gonna go with or without new bootloaders?
21st April 2011, 01:04 AM |#123  
xcaliburinhand's Avatar
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 408
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaiKaiDo

haha Thanks for the encouragement man. Its really more of the recovery menu not working properly. once thats fixed (which it should be tonight), ill be all over gingerbread

Fixed.

Beta2 includes a functional CWM recovery.
Home button fix has been attached to the first post.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to xcaliburinhand For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xcaliburinhand Ad-Free
21st April 2011, 01:09 AM |#124  
Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcaliburinhand

Fixed.

Beta2 includes a functional CWM recovery.
Home button fix has been attached to the first post.

You are the F'ing man! Flashing now

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA App
21st April 2011, 01:10 AM |#125  
DAGr8's Avatar
Inactive Recognized Developer
Montreal
Thanks Meter: 6,369
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcaliburinhand

Fixed.

Beta2 includes a functional CWM recovery.
Home button fix has been attached to the first post.

you re the man ..
21st April 2011, 01:12 AM |#126  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 680
 
More
wont download, will try again in an hour. cant wait for the roms to roll out.
21st April 2011, 01:16 AM |#127  
DAGr8's Avatar
Inactive Recognized Developer
Montreal
Thanks Meter: 6,369
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani897

wont download, will try again in an hour. cant wait for the roms to roll out.

it workind for me probably everyone is on it right now , as for the roms be patient or just flash any of the i9000 ones already out and drop the kernel in it ..
21st April 2011, 01:21 AM |#128  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 682
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAGr8

it workind for me probably everyone is on it right now , as for the roms be patient or just flash any of the i9000 ones already out and drop the kernel in it ..

Oh so now that we are on JVB we can flash any i9000 ROM based off of JVB such as Darky's RC4 and then flash this kernel?

Thats awesome if true! Hahah thanks!
21st April 2011, 01:24 AM |#129  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 680
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlev7

Oh so now that we are on JVB we can flash any i9000 ROM based off of JVB such as Darky's RC4 and then flash this kernel?

Thats awesome if true! Hahah thanks!

that's basically wnat some of the captivate roms are, though the devs eventually theme them to get rid of the camera references
21st April 2011, 01:31 AM |#130  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 682
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani897

that's basically wnat some of the captivate roms are, though the devs eventually theme them to get rid of the camera references

But i am just making 100% sure that we can flash it on top. Has anyone here tried any of the i9000 ROMs and dropped in our awesome kernel from X'Cal?

If so what are the better ones?

Thanks!
21st April 2011, 01:32 AM |#131  
HaiKaiDo's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 502
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcaliburinhand

Fixed.

Beta2 includes a functional CWM recovery.
Home button fix has been attached to the first post.

Awesome thanks dude. now to take the plunge! What do you guys suggest now that theres some form of a rom out there that was deemed usable by people. I know theres a bunch of posts in this thread. but if could give me a super short recap just so i know that I wont brick myself. basically i just need to know what i need, and what order to flash in (specially the boot loader, havnt ever had to do it so im still a little iffy on that). and again i understand alot of this is out there, im just still a little confused cause its bits and pieces scattered all over.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
gingerbread, pure awesomeness, reoriented kernel, xcaliburinhand
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes