[App] Zevele's Blinker v1.9 [22/12/2011]

279 posts
Thanks Meter: 88

By zevele, Inactive Recognized Developer on 6th November 2010, 12:33 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th April 2011, 07:58 AM |#131  
Question
Hi Z.
been thinking about this, is it possible to make a version that just deals with text (sms), new email, mms and calendar reminders (just like forementioned lednotification program)
This wood mean we only have to keep device from sleep just after a notification which can just quickly set led/keyoad sequence (again same as lednotification) and therefore eat almost 0 battery.
I just like it that I can set keypad blink for notification and don't really care for bt,wifi and normal/no signal mode.
care more about battery life.

thanks dude!

16th April 2011, 09:38 AM |#132  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb789

Hmm, maybe I misunderstood what that reg key is supposed to do...

Yeah, this key is a little bit confusing - what this key means is that blinker allows the device to enter the unattended mode. Therefore when you set its value to 0, Blinker (supposed to) prevent unattended mode.

Quote:

...but after setting it to 0, Blinker seems to stay alive on my "unattended" TP

I'm glad to hear that this solves the problem for some - I thought it didn't work at all... Thanks for letting us know...

Quote:

...adding Reminder & MMS notifications would be fantastic!

Reminder was already mentioned some threads above, I'm already able to recognize an appointment notification, what other type of reminders we want to use?
About the MMS notification - I never get those so I'll need you guys to tell me what's the notification ID for unread MMS. To find it:
1. Get an MMS (don't dismiss the notification yet)
2. Check the [HKLM\System\State\Shell\Notifications] registry key - there should be several cryptic keys under it. Take a note of them all (these corresponds to all the active notifications).
3. Dismiss the MMS notifications.
4. Check [HKLM\System\State\Shell\Notifications] again to see which one disappeared.

Thanks,

Z.
16th April 2011, 09:50 AM |#133  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by p50kombi

...seems to stop when I press end call button...

Damn! So enabling "Don't suspend power" in S2U2 did not help at all eventually? It must be something else that forcing the unattended mode, even though Blinker disables the unattended mode when a power-mode change occurs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by p50kombi

...This would mean we only have to keep device from sleep just after a notification...

That's an interesting idea. If all the "normal" sequences are empty I could disable the main loop, and enable it only when a notification arrives - it doesn't have to be a different application. This should indeed save some more battery.
I don't think It'll survive your deadly unattended mode though... To fix that it looks like I'll have to rewrite the whole thing in c++, which is doable - but will take me a lot of time...

thanks,

Z.
16th April 2011, 06:38 PM |#134  
Mmm... desiccant

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zevele

... About the MMS notification... Check [HKLM\System\State\Shell\Notifications]...

Looks like MMS is {3c781384-05f3-4035-a8f9-c23f19a93af0}
The Following User Says Thank You to jb789 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jb789 Ad-Free
16th April 2011, 07:11 PM |#135  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Looks like MMS is {3c781384-05f3-4035-a8f9-c23f19a93af0}

Thanks,

I'll add it to the next release.

Z.
16th April 2011, 11:01 PM |#136  
Mmm... desiccant

More
I've noticed one annoyance while running Blinker 1.3, if I have too many calendar reminders come up at the same time (say 10 or so), only one is available to dismiss/snooze/etc. The rest seem to get lost somehow. I can reliably recreate this error, but if someone else can duplicate/verify it, that'd be helpful. Otherwise, it must be something unique to my situation.
19th April 2011, 09:30 AM |#137  
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by zevele

Damn! So enabling "Don't suspend power" in S2U2 did not help at all eventually? It must be something else that forcing the unattended mode, even though Blinker disables the unattended mode when a power-mode change occurs...

That's an interesting idea. If all the "normal" sequences are empty I could disable the main loop, and enable it only when a notification arrives - it doesn't have to be a different application. This should indeed save some more battery.
I don't think It'll survive your deadly unattended mode though... To fix that it looks like I'll have to rewrite the whole thing in c++, which is doable - but will take me a lot of time...

thanks,

Z.

Sounds good to me..
Take your time, anything done good takes time, that's just the way it is, and I know what it's like to have a busy job and life..
After all, this is just hobby
Keep up the good work matey, for now I'm back to lednotification but will keep an eye on this thread
20th April 2011, 05:41 PM |#138  
Thanks Meter: 0

Donate to Me
More
I've tested Blinker 1.3 on HTC Touch Pro with the Rom .sencity from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=536751 and il Very Very GOOD!!! but i've simply modify:
Touch Pro (Raphael):
Orange Led = Home Led
Green Led = Display led off
(this is a problem, but if settings using Green Led id=4, Green led= led answer-call)
Command P# = nothign... :( sorry

In Setting page the display is too short and I can't see the lower option.
Can you fit this software for Touch pro too?
Thank's
20th April 2011, 07:41 PM |#139  
Mmm... desiccant

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussdelphi

I've tested Blinker 1.3 on HTC Touch Pro with the Rom .sencity from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=536751 and il Very Very GOOD!!! but i've simply modify:
Touch Pro (Raphael):
Orange Led = Home Led
Green Led = Display led off
(this is a problem, but if settings using Green Led id=4, Green led= led answer-call)
Command P# = nothign... :( sorry

In Setting page the display is too short and I can't see the lower option.
Can you fit this software for Touch pro too?
Thank's

I'm also on a Touch Pro, but Blinker is designed specifically for the HD2 with a WVGA display, so I think any functionality on other devices is just a bonus. Just in case you missed it, the last item that's barely visible on the Settings tab puts a Blinker shortcut in the Startup folder so it starts with Windows. Also, the second post lists all the registry settings so you can set almost everything without the Settings GUI Page. Finally, here's all the LED options for the Touch Pro, which combined with duration can give you some really cool options:
  • 2 Home
  • 4 Call answer
  • 8 Back
  • 16 end call
  • 32 Center
  • 128 Pulse center (the charging indicator)
  • 512 Center
  • 256 Pulse center (the charging indicator)
  • 2048 anticlockwise spiral twice, pause and repeat
  • 4096 all on
Quote:

I've noticed one annoyance while running Blinker 1.3, if I have too many calendar reminders come up at the same time (say 10 or so), only one is available to dismiss/snooze/etc. The rest seem to get lost somehow. I can reliably recreate this error, but if someone else can duplicate/verify it, that'd be helpful. Otherwise, it must be something unique to my situation.

Ussdelphi, with the Blinker service running, could you set 8 calendar reminders to go off at the same time & tell me if you can dismiss or snooze all of them? Also, are you running any sort of CPU overclock? Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to jb789 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jb789 Ad-Free
21st April 2011, 06:24 PM |#140  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussdelphi

...Can you fit this software for Touch pro too?

I thought I had it fixed - I'll check it and hopefully it'll be good in the next release...

Z.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zevele For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zevele Ad-Free
21st April 2011, 06:26 PM |#141  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

...Finally, here's all the LED options for the Touch Pro...

Thanks for the reference I might include it somehow in blinker...

Quote:

Ussdelphi, with the Blinker service running, could you set 8 calendar reminders to go off at the same time & tell me if you can dismiss or snooze all of them? Also, are you running any sort of CPU overclock? Thanks!

Yeah, I want to know if it's a global problem too... (or only in jb789's imagination )

Thanks,

Z.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
blink, charging, led, power, signal

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)