I've made "some" progress towards resolving the different positions reported by the kernel vs the positions in the OPS file.
Look again at this output (NOTE: I added comments to the end of the line to fill in what the partitions are - some are still speculated):
[BIF: ] nPartition Information (nVol : 0)
nVer : 0x10000
00 / nID:0x01 / nAttr:0x00001012 / 1stVun: 0 / Units: 6 MIBIB
01 / nID:0x02 / nAttr:0x00001012 / 1stVun: 6 / Units: 2 QCSBL
02 / nID:0x03 / nAttr:0x00001012 / 1stVun: 8 / Units: 3 OEMSBL
03 / nID:0x04 / nAttr:0x00001012 / 1stVun: 11 / Units: 100 AMSS
04 / nID:0x23 / nAttr:0x00001101 / 1stVun: 111 / Units: 97 EFS2
05 / nID:0x25 / nAttr:0x00001101 / 1stVun: 208 / Units: 20 NV_BACKUP???
06 / nID:0x05 / nAttr:0x00001001 / 1stVun: 228 / Units: 100 FOTA????
07 / nID:0x06 / nAttr:0x00001012 / 1stVun: 328 / Units: 8 ARM11BOOT
08 / nID:0x07 / nAttr:0x00001012 / 1stVun: 336 / Units: 40 BOOT???
09 / nID:0x08 / nAttr:0x00001012 / 1stVun: 376 / Units: 40 RECOVERY???
10 / nID:0x09 / nAttr:0x00001012 / 1stVun: 416 / Units: 3 ???
11 / nID:0x21 / nAttr:0x00001101 / 1stVun: 419 / Units: 710 SYSTEM
12 / nID:0x22 / nAttr:0x00001101 / 1stVun: 1129 / Units: 775 DATA
13 / nID:0x24 / nAttr:0x00001101 / 1stVun: 1904 / Units: 100 CSC
Here's what I propose:
- Odin's OPS file is not based on the nID alone.
- Odin's OPS file is based on the grouping of the type of partition (nAttr) first, followed by the nID of the partitions only that fit in the current group, in alphanumeric order.
- It appears that Odin flashes the partitions with nAttr 0x00001012, followed by 0x00001011.
I've come up with this so far (in brackets is the nAttr followed by the nID):
0,mibib (1012, 0x01)
1,qcsbl (1012, 0x02)
2,oemsbl (1012, 0x03)
3,amss (1012, 0x04)
4,arm11boot (1012, 0x06)
5,boot (1012, 0x07)
6,recovery (1012, 0x08)
7,system (1101, 0x21)
8,data (1101, 0x22)
9,efs2 (1101, 0x23)
10,csc (1101, 0x24)
11,nv_backup (1101, 0x25)
The file doesn't seem right, but it's a hell of a lot better than before - only the CSC is out of place.
1. I'm not sure about the boot, recovery, fota and nv_backup partitions - they're just semi-educated guesses.
2. I have no idea what partition nID 0x09 with nAttr 0x00001012 can be. It should be position 7 in the OPS file, but that's impossible as the system partition should be there. Perhaps Odin knows that it should be ignored?
3. The efs partition is now in the position where the csc previously was. I don't think this is right.