39 posts
Thanks Meter: 7

By jink25, Member on 22nd April 2011, 03:17 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd April 2011, 06:37 PM |#31  
Asheville, NC
Thanks Meter: 1,149

More
There is a battery conditioning procedure recommended by HTC - probably would work with any battery

To also help with Battery Life you can do these steps exactly:

1) Turn your device ON and Charge the device for 8 hours or more 2) Unplug the device and Turn the phone OFF and charge for 1 hour 3) Unplug the device Turn ON wait 2 minutes and Turn OFF and charge for another hour Your battery life should almost double, we have tested this on our devices and other agents have seen a major difference as well

The above is a cut-and-paste.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gaww For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gaww Ad-Free
22nd April 2011, 09:29 PM |#32  
OP Member
Flag Chicago, IL

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpet161

So you are saying drain battery dead till it turns off. Then you say perform a full factory reset and let the phone charge. How do I perform a full factory reset if I just ran the phone dead?

The factory reset is a separate procedure from draining the battery and fully charging.

Just doing a factory reset alone very well may fix the issue.

The factory reset is correcting whatever got messed up in the inital config of the phone that is using rediculous amounts of battery.

Draining the battery and charging to 100% may help calibrate the software/electronics to ensure maximum battery capacity is utilized...it may also do absolutely nothing but it cant hurt.

I dont think there is a right or wrong way to do this but when I was messing with it this is just what I happened to do:

Drained battery to 0.
Plugged phone back in.
Factory reset.
Let phone charge all night.

Next day battery life was tenfold better.
22nd April 2011, 09:54 PM |#33  
Flag Franklin, TN

More
Factory reset is volume down + power, right? Are are you doing it through settings?
22nd April 2011, 10:04 PM |#34  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
My cell standby usage is through the roof. Battery not so great. Correlation?
22nd April 2011, 10:08 PM |#35  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
I let the battery drain out and charged it. It finished at around 3 am and i disconnected the phone and went to sleep with it at idle. At 12 noon the phone was at 80% 9 hours later, which is extremely nice. My graph looks very stable much like the OPs.

Thanks OP you saved me from a headache
22nd April 2011, 10:22 PM |#36  
Flag Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 64

More
I dunno if anyone else uses the led notification app, but I used it for a few days after i got the phone, and the battery life was no good. I accidentally forgot to turn the led app on today because I turn it off at night, and i've noticed that I get much much better battery life without it. I think it drained a lot of battery for me... just sayin

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk
22nd April 2011, 10:26 PM |#37  
Flag Rosemead

More
does juicedefender (app) help out with the battery life? trying this method tonight
22nd April 2011, 10:28 PM |#38  
OP Member
Flag Chicago, IL

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minker17

Factory reset is volume down + power, right? Are are you doing it through settings?

Settings-Privacy-Factory Data Reset
22nd April 2011, 10:34 PM |#39  
OP Member
Flag Chicago, IL

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickerxcuh

does juicedefender (app) help out with the battery life? trying this method tonight

Part of the initial solution I presented, and also an added bonus of the factory reset is removing ALL applications you may have installed.

Run the phone in as close to stock form as possible to verify if you are still having battery life issues. After the factory reset if your battery lasts good then start to add apps slowly...if one particular app drains your battery you know not to use it too.

You need to eliminate variables first to determine where the issue is.

There are a lot of bad apps out there that will drain battery...even if you think they are sitting there doing nothing!
22nd April 2011, 11:45 PM |#40  
Flag Tempe Arizona!
Thanks Meter: 35

More
I have not done a factory reset but last night i actually drained my batter down completely and fully charged it overnight... I now have had the phone unplugged for 5 hours 12 minutes and the phone is at 94% with light use (screen on for about 17 minutes to respond to texts and emails...) and wifi on the entire time, cell standby is 34%, wifi is 34% phone idol is 32% and display is 2%
23rd April 2011, 12:57 AM |#41  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by runderekrun

Ok yeah. I factory reset and battery is a ton better! When I first saw you post that you fixed it with a factory reset I was skeptical but after trying it, yeah it works. Battery (so far!) has been much better after the reset. I wonder if it was the root that messed us up?

Jinx did you root?

I just rooted mine last night and then saw this thread. Now I'm going to pay extra careful attention to it and see if that has affected my battery life. (Pre-root it seemed to be fine and I got through the day ok.)

Can you do a factory reset with a rooted phone in the usual way or do you need to unroot first or something?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)