Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

coiledwire

Oct 20, 2010
norcal
Hey guys im running TWOPOINTTWO on my Evo and i flashed 4.3.4-cfs-nohavs-noUV-nosbc and it freezes up so then i went to the WARM page and flashed netarchy-toastmod-4.2.1-cfs-bfq-havs-more-smartass-universal-signed and it gave me a bunch of lines on my screen. when flashing i Dalvik clear and still the problem exists. Any thoughts? Thanks

That's screen tearing. The older net kernels do this to my phone too. I don't think it poses any threat to the phone, and turning the screen off/on usually makes it go away after bootup.

Net changed the code and corrected this tearing on kernels 4.3+.

Sent on the go, from my evo.

rueben68

Apr 25, 2010
Ohio
That's screen tearing. The older net kernels do this to my phone too. I don't think it poses any threat to the phone, and turning the screen off/on usually makes it go away after bootup.

Net changed the code and corrected this tearing on kernels 4.3+.

Ok ill try 4.3 and see what happens.thanks

treedog5

Dec 16, 2008
rocky mount n.c
Man this new kernel is the best i have used so far, by a long shot. i downloaded netarchy 4.3.4-cfs-havs-more-sbc. i took if off the charger at 5:30pm yesterday and today at 4:00pm i still have 45% battery life left. this is with moderate use, phone calls, texting, browsing the web a little and playing a few games. just awesome, im running myns RLS5.

Last edited:

Helton566

Aug 17, 2010
Has anyone tried the new radios with these kernels? If so was there any problems?

Sent from a place far far away!

Brandito

Sep 21, 2010
anyone else ever get an issue with their cpu going into full usage? running these kernels?

randomly my phone seems to start using 100% cpu and the cpu gets pegged at the highest clock speed.

i thought it was setcpu but even using juice defender to alter the cpu speed causes the issue.

i seem to be able to stop it by opening setcpu once or twice.

apparently the system process starts taking up every available cpu cycle and continues to do so until i stop it with the method above or reboot the phone.

i've tried havs more and less, nohavs, suv, always with nosbc and i get the same problem.

i've even tried using 4.3, 4.3.1 and 4.3.4 kernels.

not sure if it's the kernel, or overclocking in general. if i don't oc at all it's fine, but even if i set the phone to 998 max by either juice defender or setcpu it will bog down again. tried using different governors, conservative, ondemand and smartass. all do the same.

trying to narrow down the cause, it could be an app, but i never notice any using more cpu time than others using system panel and battery usage. this only happens when overclocking too!

i'm going to use no setcpu and disable juice defender from oc'ing for a few days and make sure it's good then i'm going to try using the stock htc kernel again and see if i can at least underclock and be fine to make sure it could be kernel related.

might even run a super clean stock sense down the road and start trouble shooting from there. sadly it takes a couple days before the problem kicks in so it's hard to pin down :/

kc_hubbard

Jun 12, 2007
Kansas City
GB Sense Kernel?

Hey Net,

Know you're busy and all, but since we are now starting to see Sense based Gingerbread ROM's coming out, was wondering if you plan to work your magic on them w/ a custom kernel?

I tried 4.3.4 on a GB Sense ROM, and while it seemed to run ok, it broke the camera (I know, this is expected but had to try).

Just curious.

ryanalan82

Oct 4, 2008
anyone else ever get an issue with their cpu going into full usage? running these kernels?

randomly my phone seems to start using 100% cpu and the cpu gets pegged at the highest clock speed.

i thought it was setcpu but even using juice defender to alter the cpu speed causes the issue.

i seem to be able to stop it by opening setcpu once or twice.

apparently the system process starts taking up every available cpu cycle and continues to do so until i stop it with the method above or reboot the phone.

i've tried havs more and less, nohavs, suv, always with nosbc and i get the same problem.

i've even tried using 4.3, 4.3.1 and 4.3.4 kernels. :/

Try downgrading pri to 1.77

Swyped from my eVo

detcup4evr

Jun 18, 2010
Commerce Twp
github.com
I haven't seen anything mentioned about this, but I am wondering if any one is having probelms with the SBC Kernels on 4.3.4

I have tried both 4.3.4 More and less havs without sbc and the phone works fine. Once I install either the more or less havs sbc Kernel my phone starts doing weird things.

I previously ran 4.2.2 less havs sbc without issue, just courious if anyone had any ideas why I can't get 4.3.4 sbc Kernel to work.

Thanks,

coiledwire

Oct 20, 2010
norcal
@ detcup, it seems that SBC is a hit or miss for many of us with the 4.3.4 beta. Personally, I haven't been able to track down a commonality for those that do or don't have it working.

netarchy

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Jun 16, 2010
San Antonio, TX
github.com
Hey Net,

Know you're busy and all, but since we are now starting to see Sense based Gingerbread ROM's coming out, was wondering if you plan to work your magic on them w/ a custom kernel?

I tried 4.3.4 on a GB Sense ROM, and while it seemed to run ok, it broke the camera (I know, this is expected but had to try).

Just curious.

When that GB sense update is officially released and HTC releases the sources for the newer kernel used in it (containing all the sense 2.0 hooks) yes, there will be a custom aimed at it ;D

Reactions: ageesm and mutant13

keejung

Feb 21, 2011
sorry but is there a fix for screen tearing, im on cm7 and used the latest kernel and im still getting screen tearing really bad. i really want to stay with this kernel. "note" i already did the usual fixes reboot, battery pull, redownload and flash

netarchy

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Jun 16, 2010
San Antonio, TX
github.com
sorry but is there a fix for screen tearing, im on cm7 and used the latest kernel and im still getting screen tearing really bad. i really want to stay with this kernel. "note" i already did the usual fixes reboot, battery pull, redownload and flash

Tearing on aosp has always been an issue sadly, given that the kernels are primarily aimed at sense roms (and I've not been able to track down the cause).

keejung

Feb 21, 2011
Tearing on aosp has always been an issue sadly, given that the kernels are primarily aimed at sense roms (and I've not been able to track down the cause).

im really sorry i was pointed to this kernel and was told it was for asop... my bad, but this is my favorite kernel with savaged zen second and tiamat third.. this one is so fast

ryanalan82

Oct 4, 2008
I wanted to get some feedback about the other hdmi app from orrebmas, the paid one. I've been on 4.3.4 since it dropped n wanted to try going back to 4.3.2 to see if I can get better battery life, (possibly best battery life I've got with any kernel), but dont want to give up how perfectly hdmi out works. Has anyone tried this combo, Net's 4.3.2, cfs havs more sbc + orrebmas hdmi app?

Swyped from my eVo

djdisturbed

May 31, 2010
Graham, NC
When that GB sense update is officially released and HTC releases the sources for the newer kernel used in it (containing all the sense 2.0 hooks) yes, there will be a custom aimed at it ;D

Yeah, updated to the new Fresh rom w/ GB. BUT my screen suffers from a 100% brightness bug on the GB kernel that comes with it. The fix is to flash a custom kernel (went back to your latest beta w/ more haves and sbc) and it fixed it BUT the camera now shows a white screen, it will take picts fine, just cant see what you are shooting at until you look at the pict you just took in a diff app. im on 002 hardware w/ a novatec screen.

Hope you are able to get a GB kernel out soon that may fix these issues!

brol1k

Sep 27, 2007
NYC
Yeah, updated to the new Fresh rom w/ GB. BUT my screen suffers from a 100% brightness bug on the GB kernel that comes with it. The fix is to flash a custom kernel (went back to your latest beta w/ more haves and sbc) and it fixed it BUT the camera now shows a white screen, it will take picts fine, just cant see what you are shooting at until you look at the pict you just took in a diff app. im on 002 hardware w/ a novatec screen.

Hope you are able to get a GB kernel out soon that may fix these issues!

Probably by the time the source is released another leak might've found its way onto xda with all the drivers built in. MAYBEEEE.

Tapatalk'd on the Evo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NOTICES: If you are noticing abnormally high battery drain and/or uptime, and you've updated to PRI 1.90, it has come to my attention
    that this PRI has been problematic for a number of people, often resulting in large uptimes and/or poor battery life.
    This issue affects people regardless of whether or not they are using a custom kernel
    Downgrading your PRI and NV to 1.77 has been reported to resolve this issue.
    You can find all PRI and NV versions by clicking here.

Due to troubling reports of battery issues possibly caused by the SBC battery charger modification, it is worth mentioning that by using any SBC build, you
    fully assume any and all potential risks that the SBC modification may pose.

"netarchy-toastmod" is a kernel originally based on the GoDmOdE sources (Courtesy of Toast) integrating my work on fixing the fps for the Epson panels, and as of version 3.6.1, also integrating a fix for the Nova panels that does not require the use of Evo switch or manually setting any registers, etc, courtesy of work done by AssassinsLament (Well done on the nova fix). Special thanks needs to go out as well to Cyanogen and the cyanogen mod team, as a number of bugfixes and updates to the kernel in recent revisions have been ported over from cyanogen mod to enhance the overall netarchy-toastmod experience.
    So what's in the kernel?
    - Overclocking Support
    - HDMwIn (As of 4.3.4)
    - Audio gain tweaks (read: make it louder!)
    - Fps Fixes
    - tun.ko for openvpn users
    - CIFS support (as of 4.2.2)
    - BFS (in select builds)
    - BFQ (in select builds)
    - HAVS (as of 4.1.9)
    - Assorted fixes/tweaks (that are sadly too numerous to list here)
    - An army of rabid naked bunnies
    The zipalign script in the kernel's modified inits is based on code in the Damage Control rom, and extended to check more places for apps.
    The Dalvik code in the inits is courtesy of Ninpo/Hacre from the VillainRom team (over in the HTC Hero forums).

mroneeyedboh has written a handy little kernel starter guide with a lot of general information about custom kernels and various terms you might see flying around (such as cfs/bfs, havs/nohavs, etc).
    You can view this guide Here

Current Revision: Stable: 4.3.1 - For Froyo Sense roms | Beta: 4.3.4

A note on multitouch:
    Some of you may have used my 5point multitouch test builds with success, others with failure. Research has shown that the Evo's contain at least 2 different versions of the touch sensor, one of which does not support 5point multitouch (but it DOES support 3point). You can check which sensor you have using adb by issuing the following command: "adb shell cat /sys/android_touch/vendor" and examining the result. If your result is ATMEL_x0080_x0016, your phone can support 5point. If your result is ATMEL_x004F_x0016, your phone will only support up to 3point.

Disclaimer:
    While these builds have been deemed generally safe, it is not feasible to account for all possible combinations of custom roms and uses,
    custom roms may experience some breakage depending on how some features are set up, as these builds are not aimed at any one particular rom.
    As such your mileage may vary, use these at your own risk.
    2.2 Kernels (THESE WILL NOT WORK ON 2.1 ROMS):
    These have only been tested against the rooted HTC 2.2 stock rom, they *may* work on the various custom 2.2 roms,
    but this is NOT guaranteed. MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP JUST IN CASE! :D
    If you get force closes on the camera, go to Menu -> Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> All -> Camera -> clear data.
    -----------------------------
    2.6.32-based Kernels:
    Beta Testing Builds

When making a post about any issues concerning beta builds, please include ALL of the
    following information if possible:
    1. Which kernel build(s) (ie; bfs/cfs havs/nohavs etc) are you using with the issue?
    2. What Rom are you using?
    3. If known, what OTA base is your rom using (ie; is it based on 3.29, 3.30, 3.70, etc)?
    4. Does the issue persist if you go back to a stable kernel build?
    5. The issue being experienced (obviously ;D)

4.3x:
    To clear up some confusion that is apparently being spread around,
    4.3x builds do in fact work on all current evo models, not just the newest model.

4.3.4:
    --CFS builds--
    No SBC:
    4.3.4-cfs-nohavs-noUV-nosbc (No Undervolting)
    4.3.4-cfs-nohavs-suv-nosbc (Static Undervolting)
    4.3.4-cfs-havs-less-nosbc (Less Aggressive HAVS)
    4.3.4-cfs-havs-more-nosbc (More Aggressive HAVS)

SBC: Use sbc builds at your own risk.
    4.3.4-cfs-nohavs-noUV-sbc (No Undervolting)
    4.3.4-cfs-nohavs-suv-sbc (Static Undervolting)
    4.3.4-cfs-havs-less-sbc (Less Aggressive HAVS)
    4.3.4-cfs-havs-more-sbc (More Aggressive HAVS)

For older beta builds click here.

---------------------------------------
    Stable Kernels:

Universal Builds:

4.3.1:
    --CFS builds--
    No SBC:
    netarchy-toastmod-cfs-havs-nosbc-universal
    netarchy-toastmod-cfs-nohavs-nosbc-universal

--BFS builds--
    No SBC:
    netarchy-toastmod-bfs-havs-nosbc-universal
    netarchy-toastmod-bfs-nohavs-nosbc-universal

These use Koush's anykernel for installation and should theoretically work on -any- rom.
    *note* This is designed to be flashed over a phone that already has a working kernel of some kind flashed,
    whether it's a stock kernel, or another custom kernel. In other words, if you can currently boot up your phone into whatever rom you have, this should work. ;D
    The universal kernel also does not contain the tweak scripts of the normal build (ie; zipalign on boot and the dalvik tweak), it's intended to be a universally compatible kernel.
    This also happens to mean the universal builds will probably work on CM

For older builds click here.

-------------
    Rumors of my death are greatly exaggerated.

CFS Builds for 4.3.4 are up for testing, now with support for HDMI mirroring via HDMwIn, courtesy of Team Win.

Notes for Revision 4.3.4
    - HDMwIn support added, you still need to download the free HDMwIn app
    from the android market to use HDMI mirroring
    - Timer tick set to 1000hz
    - Unnecessary extra debugging turned off for public builds, should result in a small speed boost

BFS builds later, once I finish beating this wimax bug to death.
    Ok, this line of kernels is officially discontinued.

There's no point continuing these as these are Froyo kernels and people have moved on to gingerbread. Once HTC get off their asses and actually releases the gingersense sources, I will probably make a new kernel thread for that.
    Net, love the kernels btw! was curious if you plan on adding some code to the kernel to unlock the hidden r/w speeds of our sd cards?? the quick fix just isn't that sweet if it's not done automatically when i start the phone!

I just found out about the SD card speed issue/fix a few minutes ago. Looking into it for integration in the next build.
    In other news, the semester is done \o/

The ending tally for this semester: 3 A's, 1 B.

Now I can spend some time working on mah phone! ;D