[ROM] 11/23/11 | Fresh Evo 4.3.3 | OTA 4.54.651.1 | Carrier IQ Removed | Read More

Search This thread

flipzmode

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 21, 2009
geekfor.me
I've done all that, nothing helped.

Did all of that even installed another rom then installed tb and worked perfect. Then re installed your rom and still same thing.

Debug log...

Has anyone tried to boot to recovery? When I hold down the volume button and press the power button it just boots back up. I like the ROM seems very quick so far.

That's because of quick boot. You can either use an app to reboot you in to recovery or if you pick "restart" off of the shutdown menu and hold the volume down as soon as the screen goes black (before it vibrates) then it will get you in to recovery.

Reactions: k2buckley

djdisturbed

May 31, 2010
Graham, NC
Well, well, well. Made Nandroid before i updated, updated and fund out some of my apps did not work right (plus I have the brightness bug, ver 2 hardware) and went to restore the nandroid and it wont restore right, my apps are not restoring, including the market, so i cant get any of the apps i need to restore from my back up programs to download, OHH IM SOOOOO FREAKING PISSED RIGHT NOW!!!!!

achllles

Dec 9, 2007
some of apps just fc's

Orb, and Angrybirds (both cracked) fc's. I guess karma is real!!

haha.

Another thing I noticed was shutting down the phone, then turning it back on is faster than reboot option.

I'm on HW00002... well used to be that, now it says 00003, brightness works, but it seems like it goes back to 100% brightness after reboots.

Still in beta, but I'll stick with it since sling, phone, emails, and webrowsing works.

Thanks for the hard work!!

mijjah74

Dec 13, 2010
Raymore
I believe most issues have to be user error. Make sure ur doing a clean install. Ive been using beta 2 & now 3 with no issues. TI backup isnt quit right but u can install from market then restore data, that does work. Great rom flipz. Running smooth.

Sent from mijjah74's htc evo

Droga

Nov 18, 2008
Isabela
It seems that my phone does not like the newest kernel for the leaked GB ROM. Ive tried EVERY single ROM so far that has been built off this base, and ALL of them are giving me boot loops.... Ive tried CM7, and a bunch of 2.2 ROMS with no problem at all... but these ROMS will not boot at all (and yeah, Ive cleared all caches correctly). :(

gotshores

Aug 4, 2010
San Antonio
It seems that my phone does not like the newest kernel for the leaked GB ROM. Ive tried EVERY single ROM so far that has been built off this base, and ALL of them are giving me boot loops.... Ive tried CM7, and a bunch of 2.2 ROMS with no problem at all... but these ROMS will not boot at all (and yeah, Ive cleared all caches correctly). :(

Hey Droga, I saw that you said you cleared all caches, but did you do complete wipes? what recovery are you using?

Droga

Nov 18, 2008
Isabela
^ Im using latest Amon's, Ive wiped data, cache and dalvik 3 times each, plus Calkulins Format all. zip. I even did a factory reset to no avail.

Apr 23, 2010
For everything works the only thing I can not download anything from the market any fix for this.. this Rom is epic so far

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App

gotshores

Aug 4, 2010
San Antonio
^ Im using latest Amon's, Ive wiped data, cache and dalvik 3 times each, plus Calkulins Format all. zip. I even did a factory reset to no avail.

i still use amon 1.8, but it sounds like you do everything i do including the format all zip. maybe it's just your phone it doesn't like. :p I know some phones were having issues with certain aspects of the rom. My phone seemed to have everything working on it, but sometimes i noticed that i couldn't do the speech to text function. It was weird and intermittent, and that's on all the test/leaked sense GB rom's, not just fresh. i flashed back to mikfroyo and all is good again. sorry for your luck, hopefully the "official" one from sprint is on its way.

djdisturbed

May 31, 2010
Graham, NC
GRRRR, Cant restore ANY of my nandroids...... I AM HIGHLY PISSED!!!!!!!! did factory reset, install freash again (can only use the newest one, other boot loop now) and now am having to reinstall everything, found out that the back-up app i was useing has NOT been doing auto-backup's like it used to.

nugzo

Apr 20, 2010
Fayetteville, NC.
www.capefearcomputer.com
I've used everbodys wipe scripts and then wiped manually everything after that. Then install this rom and then Titanium Backup from the market. Force close as soon as i try to open it. install busy box from market and run it still FC on titanium backup. Not a user error i assure you that. Way to many people having the same exact problem for it all to be user error. No wireless either so i'll keep my eye out for beta 4.

Droga

Nov 18, 2008
Isabela
i still use amon 1.8, but it sounds like you do everything i do including the format all zip. maybe it's just your phone it doesn't like. :p I know some phones were having issues with certain aspects of the rom. My phone seemed to have everything working on it, but sometimes i noticed that i couldn't do the speech to text function. It was weird and intermittent, and that's on all the test/leaked sense GB rom's, not just fresh. i flashed back to mikfroyo and all is good again. sorry for your luck, hopefully the "official" one from sprint is on its way.

Im almost 100% positive its the kernel, because Ive installed a bunch of AOSP GB ROMS (CM7, MIUI, Magnus, etc) and none of them exhibit the issue. Hell, I even tried the stock leaked ROM and that didnt work also. So I will wait for the official one from Sprint, or the Evo 3D (whichever gets here first hahahaha).

misfit0313

Jan 25, 2010
Merrill, WI
Wasn't there a press release from Sprint a month ago promising Google Voice integration for all android devices? If the latest leak was close to being official, wouldn't GV been packaged with the Rom?

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    0bN4j.png

Geek For Me is proud to release:

Fresh Evo 4.3.3 for your Sprint Evo 4g

Base: OTA_Supersonic_4.54.651.1

HbZsX.png

From 4.2.2 to 4.3.3:
    • Included V6 SuperCharger in /system/xbin/V6_SuperCharger_u8.sh for those who want to use it.
      • Thanks to zeppelinrox for this. I am NOT the dev and won't be supporting any questions with this script as it's extensive. Please visit the original thread if you have any.
    • Updated Fresh Updater (v1.4.0) to rename themes to mods.
      • Added some helpful text prompts to hopefully alleviate questions from when people don't read the FAQ. :)
      • Removed some deprecated options to clean up the menus
      • Fixed bug where it wouldn't reboot automatically on the evo
    • Downgraded busybox to 1.18.2 to resolve some scripting issues
    • Updated Vending/Market to 3.3.12
    • Updated SuperUser to 3.0.7

Not every mod in this rom is outlined here if it was done in a previous version. It contains all the Fresh goodies as outlined in the Fresh Evo changelog: http://link.geekfor.me/evochangelog

3oG0H.png

• Why am I getting FC’s on gmail/market/voice search/whatever?
      • FC’s can be a common issue when /system/app contains an app that you already have on /data/app. So if you get a FC on gmail, the market, or something similar, then it can generally be fixed 99.99% of the time by either wiping that particular apps data (Settings < Manage Applications < All < YOUR APP < Clear Data), or going in and uninstalling it which will actually force it to use the one /system/app.
      • Or, of course, can be fixed 100% of the time by doing a full data wipe before installing! I have verified this rom as 100% FC free (at boot at least) so if you have issues, it’s your particular setup.
    • Why do I get invalid signature when flashing?
      • This zip is signed the same as I’ve signed every other rom for the last 2.5 years but was getting invalid signature from TWRC 1.1.1. So make sure signature checking is disabled. You can compare the md5 below to make sure your download is good though.
    • Is this Ice Cream Sandwich? It says it’s version 4.x?
      • No. This is version 4.x of Fresh Rom. The Android version is always in my change log and unless it’s tagged as a dev rom, will always be the newest official OTA, or possibly a beta tag for a leaked OTA.
    • How do I setup V6 SuperCharger?
    • How do I remove Carrier IQ / CIQ?

N4dO9.png

• I always listen to the community as a whole and if enough people want something then I will generally add it to my rom. So feel free to ask. However if it's something that only a few people want then I request that you do it yourself and submit a mod/theme/patch for the others to use! :)

ME0p9.png

• None that are caused by Fresh.

Rmj8X.png

Install Notes: This update does not require a data wipe if you are on a stock-ish Sprint/Sense rom or on a previous version of fresh. If you are coming from another rom then a wipe may be required. Always perform a nandroid backup before flashing.
    Donors: No changes from the one sent out to you.

OWrUl.png

• Post any questions/issues below
    • Post on my site at http://geekfor.me
    • Please don’t email or pm me directly for support as that doesn’t help the next person who has that question. I also get a ton of email. Thanks.
    Fair warning: if you ask me something that is already answered in the forum, the change log, or these release notes, then I'm going to ignore it. Sorry.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Road map for next version:
    • All changes included in newest release
    Bump for the 4.1.1.0 release. Thanks to all the donors and testers! <3
    Bump for new release!
    Bump for new release!