FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] 11/23/11 | Fresh Evo 4.3.3 | OTA 4.54.651.1 | Carrier IQ Removed | Read More

1,325 posts
Thanks Meter: 693

By flipzmode, Retired Recognized Developer on 22nd April 2011, 09:52 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
23rd April 2011, 03:46 PM |#111  
Flag York, PA
Thanks Meter: 100

More
TB new update works, everything is restoring now.

23rd April 2011, 04:18 PM |#112  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 693

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomh1979

TB new update works, everything is restoring now.

Thanks. I hate when stuff like that happens and people say (and I begin to think) that it's my rom. I've had releases where like the Market went down globally right at the time of my release, or Sprint was having nationwide text message issues right after a release. It makes me scramble to fix stuff that isn't in my control!
23rd April 2011, 04:52 PM |#113  
Flag Raleigh
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Nice to see man!

I'm a big time CyanogenMod person now, but due to whatever rooting tutorial I used almost a year ago, Fresh was my first ROM, and the one I kept coming back to for Sense. I'm actually a little excited about this one, looks like Flipz has finally had a chance to put some new goodness in for the first time in a while (like the CIQ removal). I hope HTC ports in more of the Sense 2.0 stuff, I really like what they are adding (especially if we get Sense 3.0 fairly soon).
23rd April 2011, 06:04 PM |#114  
Raleigh
Thanks Meter: 2

More
How many months have passed that we've accepted notification dropdown toggle switches as the standard and now this new release doesn't have them? So very disappointing
The Following User Says Thank You to Adamp24 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Adamp24 Ad-Free
23rd April 2011, 06:50 PM |#115  
Thanks Meter: 64

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipzmode

Thanks. I hate when stuff like that happens and people say (and I begin to think) that it's my rom. I've had releases where like the Market went down globally right at the time of my release, or Sprint was having nationwide text message issues right after a release. It makes me scramble to fix stuff that isn't in my control!

Sorry for the confusion and finger pointing. Great rom!

Sent from a place far far away!
23rd April 2011, 06:55 PM |#116  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Thanks so much Flipz! Glad to see a new release. Its working great so far. I have one question though: In the release notes, you said that you no longer include some of the default applications that you remove. It also says you can download them 'here', but there is no link. Is there an updated Sprint Navigation app in this release? Or is it safe to use one from a 3.70.651.1 based ROM?

Great work as always! Good luck with the wedding. Wish you and yours all the best!

Edit 1: I downloaded the original leaked 4.12.651.1 and the Sprint_Navigator.apk in this ROM is 2,659,460 bytes in size. The Sprint_Navigator.apk from a 3.70.651.1 ROM is 10,518,484 bytes in size. I will push the apk from the 4.12.651.1 release into /system/app and see what happens. If it doesnt work, I'll try the one from a 3.70.651.1.

Edit 2: I pushed Sprint_Navigator.apk from the 4.12.651.1 leak into /system/app. It seems to be working. After launch, it downloads some 'required additional files'.
23rd April 2011, 07:07 PM |#117  
Flag New York City, NY
Thanks Meter: 74

More
This is an awesome ROM!! Nicely done!!

Question tho...How do I enable the Gingerbread lock screen? Love that...
23rd April 2011, 07:12 PM |#118  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
and just when i was thinking about trying something other than myn's, this comes along. you've just won me back, sir.
23rd April 2011, 07:26 PM |#119  
Flag York, PA
Thanks Meter: 100

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyArmstrong

This is an awesome ROM!! Nicely done!!

Question tho...How do I enable the Gingerbread lock screen? Love that...

i'm guessing you might be talking about the screen off animation, which looks to have not yet be incorporated to even the Leaked build yet, hopefully though it does, or gets done by our wonderful dev's here on xda.
23rd April 2011, 07:49 PM |#120  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
At first I didn't like the drop down switches, but PLEASE put them back into your next Beta or final. I find myself using them all the time now. Thank you if you do
The Following User Says Thank You to danman132x For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift danman132x Ad-Free
23rd April 2011, 08:15 PM |#121  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Gwinnett, GA
Thanks Meter: 764

Donate to Me
More
I'm still having TB issues with an older version and the latest update but I'm starting to think it's just me now, sorry flipz

And kinda on the subject of the post above - have you looked through services.jar yet? I opened it up when the leak first came out to see if I could recreate some of the tweaks for the 2.2 ROMs (no location icon, remove AM/PM, etc) but there seem to be some files missing. I've been planning to dig deeper into it but haven't had a chance yet.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)