So, I've realised that in every single Gingerbread ROM thread, the developers are writing that to install their ROM you must be on Ginger or you have to flash whole XXJVK ROM via ODIN (about 150MB to download), if you're using any kind of Froyo now. When I was doing new version of my DebusROM, I've invited simple method to install the needed bootloaders and kernel with CWM.
Method is simple. You just need to flash a small 8MB file via ODIN. It will flash Primary Bootloader, Secondary Bootloader (needed for Gingerbread) and the kernel with CWM recovery. The next step is to flash the ROM you want. It is much faster and light weight method than flashing the WHOLE JVK Gingerbread. It was tested by me in a few circumstances and It works!
There is one version available, which is the most stable and safe one.
Gingerbread Starter with SpeedMOD K13E [DOWNLOAD]
ODIN version 1.7 [DOWNLOAD]
First of all, I'm not responsible for any black scenarios. This thing flashes bootloader, if it fails it means you have trouble. But don't worry it shouldn't
1. Download the right version from section above
2. Reboot your phone into Download mode
3. Connect your phone to computer
4. Run ODIN
5. Select Gingerbread_Starter_KERNEL_ODIN.tar.md5 as a PDA file in ODIN
6. Check the "Phone Bootloader Update" checkbox
7. Click Start
8. Wait until phone reboots and make it reboot into Recovery
9. Flash your Gingerbread ROM
10. Simple, isn't it?
Below, this is how should look ODIN before flash
Visit my ROM thread - DebusROM thread
Thanks hardcore for his great kernels. Just visit the SpeedMOD thread.