different keys on keypad

Search This thread

cdfun

Mar 19, 2007
I am using cingular 8525 with a Dopod_asia_wwe firmware. I found that some keys("." + key) on the keypad doesnt match with the OS's.

such as "." + W = @ instead of "!"

I tried to flash Australia's Jasjam version, same stuffs happened. Only when i used Cingular's firwmware I am able to get away with it.

Wonderring if there is anything i can solve this issue. e.g. key match by replacing some OS files?

boz

May 14, 2006
Please do a search, use the search at the bottom of my signature this has probably been answered more than any other Hermes question.

I am using cingular 8525 with a Dopod_asia_wwe firmware. I found that some keys("." + key) on the keypad doesnt match with the OS's.

such as "." + W = @ instead of "!"

I tried to flash Australia's Jasjam version, same stuffs happened. Only when i used Cingular's firwmware I am able to get away with it.

Wonderring if there is anything i can solve this issue. e.g. key match by replacing some OS files?

cdfun

Mar 19, 2007
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\OEM\Qwerty]
"Layout"=dword:263177 change this to "Layout"=dword:132105

the above is the solution found.. trying to test it.

Last edited:

cdfun

Mar 19, 2007
tried that method.. restarted the phone by turning it off. didnt change the key layout for cingular 8525..

any ideas?

yellowdartsw

May 2, 2007
having the same problem. i've got an 8528 that i'm running the latest version of WM VI Black on. did the reset, also changed the reg value as instructed. neither have helped. any other ideas?

Last edited:

shogunmark

Retired Senior Moderator
May 10, 2006
also, dont forget to let the phone sit for a minute, or put it to sleep for 20 seconds before soft resetting, or hold down the power button and turn it off that way... if you dont do one of these then there is a good chance that your registry change wont save...