Search This thread

bleclair

Jan 24, 2010
Albuquerque
I checked PC Richards shipping and it was $10 for 3-5 days and then the shipping fees just got outlandish. ($80 for overnight!)

I e-mailed NewEgg to see if they could give me upgraded shipping (hey, worth a shot since they royally screwed things up so far) and they said I can have my $2.99 rush fee back. :rolleyes:

Not sure why everyone is such a big fan of NewEgg.

Sold item before in stock or date allowed to be sold.... Check!
Item sold at full retail price + expensive shipping.... Check!
Charged card in full before shipping... Check!
Won't commit to a ship date... Check!
Won't give any more information about existing order... Check!
Closed on Saturday... (really??) Check!
Don't offer anything for their screw-up.... Check!

Okay, I'm being a LITTLE hard on them, I've had good experiences with them in the past just after using Amazon for the last few years with Prime I've got really spoiled.

UPDATE: Someone on Slickdeals was saying you can get a $15 off $100 coupon with PC Richards if you sign up for e-mails from them. I guess you could sign up, get the coupon then unsubscribe.

Last edited:

madsquabbles

Jan 31, 2009
Yeah, their return policy is terrible, I don't plan on returning mine but... I'll be waiting for someone else to get them.

yeah, I'd rather buy locally, especially with my xoom luck. this makes my 4th. first had sleep wake issues, second I took back bc of the transformer announcement, yesterday I bought another so that I could compare the tabs and keep the best. first one yesterday had a dark patch under the camera, second one is working fine.

I'll be checking bb Tuesday to see if they got any.

babblin5

Mar 21, 2011
Mesa, AZ
I'm checking diligently for updates on all the major sites for the TF and will post here when I get info. On a side note: It's absolutely hilarious that Acer would choose to exclusively launch their tablet at Best Buy on Easter...when Best Buy is closed...

donatom3

Oct 13, 2007
Costa Mesa, CA
I checked PC Richards shipping and it was $10 for 3-5 days and then the shipping fees just got outlandish. ($80 for overnight!)

I e-mailed NewEgg to see if they could give me upgraded shipping (hey, worth a shot since they royally screwed things up so far) and they said I can have my $2.99 rush fee back. :rolleyes:

Not sure why everyone is such a big fan of NewEgg.

Sold item before in stock or date allowed to be sold.... Check!
Item sold at full retail price + expensive shipping.... Check!
Charged card in full before shipping... Check!
Won't commit to a ship date... Check!
Won't give any more information about existing order... Check!
Closed on Saturday... (really??) Check!
Don't offer anything for their screw-up.... Check!

Okay, I'm being a LITTLE hard on them, I've had good experiences with them in the past just after using Amazon for the last few years with Prime I've got really spoiled.

UPDATE: Someone on Slickdeals was saying you can get a $15 off $100 coupon with PC Richards if you sign up for e-mails from them. I guess you could sign up, get the coupon then unsubscribe.

Because Newegg besides this one mistake has been an awesome company to deal with. I've bought many PC components from them over the years. They generally have everything you need at the best prices. Someone made a mistake over there and posted it early, that is not enough for them to lose all the good will they have with me over the years.

I'm checking diligently for updates on all the major sites for the TF and will post here when I get info. On a side note: It's absolutely hilarious that Acer would choose to exclusively launch their tablet at Best Buy on Easter...when Best Buy is closed...

In case anyone is interested. You can go on Best Buy's site now check store availability and it says they have the Acer Iconia in stock at all my local best Buys. It will actually let me purchase too for store pickup now as well.

Last edited:

bleclair

Jan 24, 2010
Albuquerque

Yeah, I'd be tempted to head to Best Buy to check it out, but they're closed. And it's not an IPS screen. And it's $50 more! :p

(It seems to be getting pretty good reviews so far though.)

dr0ne57

Jul 21, 2010
I'm not sure what the release at Best Buy will look like for the Transformer. I work at Best Buy, and I've been very adamant about checking our inventory system to see if/when we will be getting the Transformer in stock. In our system I can pull up two expired pre-order SKUs, and a third of which is the actual unit. Advanced details on the device SKU shows nothing in any of my warehouses.

Obviously that's just specific for my district area and I can't speak for others, but with everyone else popping up with orders, I'm a little surprised nothing's popped up for us just yet.

Dan76

Dec 3, 2008
Asheville
I've been wondering about the reliability of Bestbuy's online order for "local store pickup" option. I've used it before and they usually have your order pulled off the shelf and ready for your pickup (reserved). My local BB (two of them) open at 10am... But I still worry if guys are waiting in line at store opening they'll sell out and won't have one reserved per an online order that happened just before store opening.

(that said, I'm still going to Staples and OfficeMax which both open at 8am Tuesday)

I did the sign up subscription thing on PC Richard and got that 15% coupon in my email a few minutes later.
I have been trying to call the two stores from my place in NY since 10am (sunday), but havent gotten any answer.
At least they should have a recording to let customers know if they are open or not.

I would have liked to go by and pick it up.
With the applied coupon my total came to $429.78
This NY tax is a killer! ... I like newegg, since I don't have to pay the tax.

I am holding off on the online PC R order ... for now!

GarJones27

Jul 7, 2007
I did the sign up subscription thing on PC Richard and got that 15% coupon in my email a few minutes later.
I have been trying to call the two stores from my place in NY since 10am (sunday), but havent gotten any answer.
At least they should have a recording to let customers know if they are open or not.

I would have liked to go by and pick it up.
With the applied coupon my total came to $429.78
This NY tax is a killer! ... I like newegg, since I don't have to pay the tax.

I am holding off on the online PC R order ... for now!
Is it $15 off $100 or 15%? Either way I'm still confused how you got $429 if you're going to pick up in the store. I live in NY too so I'm trying to figure out the best (cheapest) option. Is this 15% off with the dock?

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA App

Is it $15 off $100 or 15%? Either way I'm still confused how you got $429 if you're going to pick up in the store. I live in NY too so I'm trying to figure out the best (cheapest) option. Is this 15% off with the dock?

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA App

I just went back to the shopping cart and it is no longer there! damnit :mad:

I now see this message "Sorry, the following items are no longer in stock and have been removed. "

Correction: I got a $15 OFF coupon

biggiephat

May 27, 2010
Im more partial to amazon because no tax and gets to me the next day. Newegg is great...except I live in NJ so they have to tax me :(.

Best buy would be ok, they will tax me too but i probably have a rewards zone coupon floating around. The best would be Sears because i get 10% off there AND i have about 30 dollars in shopyourway rewards to use :).

gubiguy

Mar 10, 2011
Just a bit of an update from Staples:

My manager is almost 99.99% sure that we will not be carrying the Transformer IN STORE for at least a month. The tablet training booklet contains information only for the iPad 2, Xoom, Acer Iconia, Toshiba Tablet, and Playbook. Perhaps it differs from store to store, but I know that mine won't have it =/.

donatom3

Oct 13, 2007
Costa Mesa, CA
Im more partial to amazon because no tax and gets to me the next day. Newegg is great...except I live in NJ so they have to tax me :(.

Best buy would be ok, they will tax me too but i probably have a rewards zone coupon floating around. The best would be Sears because i get 10% off there AND i have about 30 dollars in shopyourway rewards to use :).

I live in Cali so yeah Amazon gets my order over newegg usually. Though it's sad that Tigerdirect most of the time gets beat in price by newegg even with tax when I'm building a computer.l

dutch_in_seattle

Mar 7, 2011
Seattle, WA
www.dutchoutpost.us
Im more partial to amazon because no tax and gets to me the next day. Newegg is great...except I live in NJ so they have to tax me

For me it's the other way around. I usually try to order from NewEgg, since I don't pay sales tax, plus their shipping is superfast. I live in Seattle and since Amazon's HQ is located there, I pay sales tax for orders on Amazon.

Ron

Top Liked Posts