FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
OnePlus 6 On Sale

[INFO] US Retail Availability (for Updates on Preorders and Purchasing)

102 posts
Thanks Meter: 47

By tineras, Senior Member on 21st April 2011, 08:42 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
24th April 2011, 04:45 PM |#421  
Thanks Meter: 95

More
Im more partial to amazon because no tax and gets to me the next day. Newegg is great...except I live in NJ so they have to tax me .

Best buy would be ok, they will tax me too but i probably have a rewards zone coupon floating around. The best would be Sears because i get 10% off there AND i have about 30 dollars in shopyourway rewards to use .

24th April 2011, 04:46 PM |#422  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Just a bit of an update from Staples:

My manager is almost 99.99% sure that we will not be carrying the Transformer IN STORE for at least a month. The tablet training booklet contains information only for the iPad 2, Xoom, Acer Iconia, Toshiba Tablet, and Playbook. Perhaps it differs from store to store, but I know that mine won't have it =/.
24th April 2011, 04:48 PM |#423  
Flag Costa Mesa, CA
Thanks Meter: 210

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggiephat

Im more partial to amazon because no tax and gets to me the next day. Newegg is great...except I live in NJ so they have to tax me .

Best buy would be ok, they will tax me too but i probably have a rewards zone coupon floating around. The best would be Sears because i get 10% off there AND i have about 30 dollars in shopyourway rewards to use .

I live in Cali so yeah Amazon gets my order over newegg usually. Though it's sad that Tigerdirect most of the time gets beat in price by newegg even with tax when I'm building a computer.l
24th April 2011, 05:03 PM |#424  
Flag Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggiephat

Im more partial to amazon because no tax and gets to me the next day. Newegg is great...except I live in NJ so they have to tax me

For me it's the other way around. I usually try to order from NewEgg, since I don't pay sales tax, plus their shipping is superfast. I live in Seattle and since Amazon's HQ is located there, I pay sales tax for orders on Amazon.

Ron
24th April 2011, 05:06 PM |#425  
Thanks Meter: 156

More
Hey guys, If you see one of these sites go up for pre-order or anything, please don't go listing it on Slickdeals. Give those dedicated to this forum a chance to get it before the world is notified just so you can get reps on slick deals.

Plus it's better to get thanks from people who may totally appreciate you and what you do then people who may only see you once a year.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to unknown_owner For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift unknown_owner Ad-Free
24th April 2011, 05:13 PM |#426  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown_owner

Hey guys, If you see one of these sites go up for pre-order or anything, please don't go listing it on Slickdeals. Give those dedicated to this forum a chance to get it before the world is notified just so you can get reps on slick deals.

/agree definitely.
24th April 2011, 05:14 PM |#427  
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Quote:

Couldn't have said it better.

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA App
24th April 2011, 05:17 PM |#428  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordec

LOL already out of stock

Goodness... PC Richard drained their supplies fast. Or was this another case of premature advertising?

My 7 am order today seems to be holding up, but I guess I could get an apology any time saying they don't really have it in stock. My credit card however shows a pending charge, so fingers crossed that the early bird did get this particular worm.

And yes, without Donatom3 's link, I wouldn't have been in line at all; a big thanks for that.
24th April 2011, 05:23 PM |#429  
Flag Costa Mesa, CA
Thanks Meter: 210

More
Quote:

Plus it's better to get thanks from people who may totally appreciate you and what you do then people who may only see you once a year.

Oh don't worry. I only will spend enough time to post on one site, and I like the people better here.
24th April 2011, 05:54 PM |#430  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Talked to a guy at Best Buy yesterday who actually was somewhat educated and knew what I was talking about with the Transformer. He said they had several people come in and ask but when they checked the RSS they couldn't find anything. Said they already had some Acer A500's and that those would be on sale Monday but really sounds like the stores are out of the loop on this one (I know this has been stated by several already).

In my personal opinion the reason why sites like Best Buy and Amazon have not yet posted anything is because they haven't received any shipments and therefore cannot predict enough to start preorders. To go off of what the staples employee said about not selling for at least a month IN STORE it makes sense. I would not be surprised if this ends being released only online and later in brick and mortar stores. While I cannot think of a time a where this has happened I can't see why it wouldn't be possible. They have already announced shortages throughout Europe, so the fact that they even announced an April 26th release date is somewhat surprising. I have a feeling they're trying to meet that April release date and make some of us happy. It would make sense that none of the stores know anything about it if it were released online only.

Also, for what its worth I did notice that Best Buy's tablet site has been slightly changed today (meaning it has been updated) but with no information on the transformer. They've added a Huawei tablet that was not previously listed I do not believe.
24th April 2011, 06:36 PM |#431  
Thanks Meter: 156

More
Thought I might share what I've been using to search the sites (plus I was tired of having all these tabs open on my browser ). I used each site's search engine for "asus transformer" and have been refreshing it every so often. I didn't want to start a new thread so thought I would post it here. Below are the links for the "asus transformer" search. This is in no way to undermind this great thread that tineras started.

Amazon
Amrican TV
B&H
BestBuy
Don't know how accurate these can be so:
- BB Location tracking for 16gb
- BB Location tracking for 32GB
BJ's
Buy.com
Datavision
Fry's
hhgregg
JR.com
Microcenter
Newegg
OfficeMax
OfficeDepot
PC Richards & Son
Sears
Staples
Target
TigerDirect
Walmart
ExcaliberPC
Neobits - couldn't save search page
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to unknown_owner For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift unknown_owner Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
asus, eee pad, epicthread, fml, hoarding, omfgimgonnadiew/omyasus, purchasing, tf101, tf101-a1, tf101-b1, transformer, transformer/=life/death

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)