By the2dcour, Senior Member on 11th April 2011, 07:59 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
24th April 2011, 11:53 PM |#51  
Flag Pittsburgh, PA
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by the2dcour

it should install synaptic and awn-config in your bar as well. you may have them installed but not in your bar, try 'which synaptic' in lxterm or run /usr/sbin/synaptic from a root login. if you don't have it the package install could have failed for whatever reason and you could try using apt-get to fetch it?

I noticed that after the install I only had 382MB free in /data, but I don't know how much free space I had prior. The mod needs 1GB free, correct?

I am reformatting my phone completely now, starting from 1.26 and moving to 1.57; should that leave me with 1GB free in /data?

24th April 2011, 11:56 PM |#52  
OP Senior Member
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 590

Donate to Me
More
yeah you should have more than 1gb free in /data then. But after the install ~300mb free in data is to be expected. That partition is only like 2gb total and lots of other important things reside there too
The Following User Says Thank You to the2dcour For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift the2dcour Ad-Free
25th April 2011, 12:19 AM |#53  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
What version of ubuntu does this install?

Sent from my MB860 using XDA Premium App
25th April 2011, 12:27 AM |#54  
Flag Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 139

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkaizer Lord

i believe it's 8.something

whether it's 04 or 10 i don't know
25th April 2011, 12:27 AM |#55  
Flag Mount Pearl
Thanks Meter: 469

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ririal

su -c "command"

You'll have to allow superuser on the phone for every single command.

What I do is pipe the entire script to su, only issue is that Superuser.apk doesn't put up a allow request that way, so it has to be there beforehand for the shell in general, done one way by adb shell su.

ex. adb shell "cat myscript.sh | su"
25th April 2011, 01:07 AM |#56  
OP Senior Member
Flag Boston

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkaizer Lord

It doesn't install a new version of ubuntu, it uses the one that is already on the phone and makes it more functional. You can find more information on this in sogarth's posts. Eventually he will probably work on getting us on to ubuntu 10.whatever. hope this helped

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFHimself

What I do is pipe the entire script to su, only issue is that Superuser.apk doesn't put up a allow request that way, so it has to be there beforehand for the shell in general, done one way by adb shell su.

ex. adb shell "cat myscript.sh | su"

I solved this already by having the script only access su once and using functions to call all the other important stuff. Or you can just run the script in adb as root
25th April 2011, 01:51 AM |#57  
Flag Pittsburgh, PA
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Hmmm....well...after using the "Format DATA/Factory reset" option in the recovery menu, I am finding many errors being output while running install.sh concerning the overwriting/failure to overwrite most all of the files. (/data was never really reset)

My understanding is that we are utilizing the Debian package manager...and that it handles previously existing files fairly well? I will report back with any problems should I find any, so that others don't make the same mistake.
25th April 2011, 02:35 AM |#58  
OP Senior Member
Flag Boston

Donate to Me
More
I've never used format data/factory reset before but I am almost certain it has nothing specifically to do with the directory /data. Make sure you are running the script as root if you are getting read/write errors or perhaps there is something else going on that you will find out. Anything useful I'll add to the OP/fix in teh script and thank you in advance =)

When I thought you said you were going to start with a fresh data I thought you mean to reflash the SBK which generally leaves plenty of space on /data and a fairly sane environment to begin installing.
-thedd
26th April 2011, 04:53 PM |#59  
Flag <<Sydney>>
Thanks Meter: 171

Donate to Me
More
for me it doesn't work yet
Code:
sudo ./adb shell
$ su
# chmod 777 /data/local/tmp/*
# . /data/local/tmp/install.sh
.: Can't open /data/local/tmp/install.sh
# ls /data/local/tmp/
ap_tcmd.pid
install.sh
uninstall.sh
sudoers.new
sources.list.new
06aptitude
mountosh.new
#
I can't understand what's wrong...
26th April 2011, 06:45 PM |#60  
OP Senior Member
Flag Boston

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SystemR89

for me it doesn't work yet

Code:
sudo ./adb shell
$ su
# chmod 777 /data/local/tmp/*
# . /data/local/tmp/install.sh
.: Can't open /data/local/tmp/install.sh
I can't understand what's wrong...

That's really weird, try chown root install.sh, try it without the space after the dot (the space is only necessary if you don't chmod it to be executable), try executing it from within the directory it is stored in (shouldn't matter). Kinda out of ideas after that.
27th April 2011, 12:41 AM |#61  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raybond25

i believe it's 8.something

whether it's 04 or 10 i don't know

Sweet does anyone know if aircrack is on 8.04 or was it for 9.04+

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android atrix ubuntu mod