[removed] robot voice and volume issue in first call, libaudio.so

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

memin1857

Jun 2, 2010
Istanbul
speakerphone mic gain problem

After getting complaints that people can't hear me when I am on speakerphone I found out that if you enable speakerphone the mic does not get more sensitive. (Normally android has to enable more mic gain when speakerphone is enabled) Mic gain levels are the same when normal talking, and in speakerphone mode. (I am talking about what volume the remote party hears your voice.
I tried deleting htcleo.adcb in /etc/firmware (which forces android to use default.acdb instead) now the mic is too sensitive in normal and speakerphone mode.
WITH htcleo.acdb present mic gain is normal in both normal and speakerphone mode.
WITHOUT htcleo.acdb present mic gain high in both normal and speakerphone mode.
But actually mic gain has to be low in normal mode and high in speakerphone mode. This has to be fixed because you either can't use speakerphone or you get too much backgorund noise and people complain.
I tried with a samsung native android phone and mic gain gets higher (mic gets more sensitive) when speakerphone is enabled. This is not about the speaker on your phone. It is about the microphone in your phone and its gain adjustment by android.
Thanks.

Here is how I test: I call another phone which I hold to my ear with my hd2. I mute mic of the phone in my ear and put hd2 on the table. I talk or have some audio in the background such as tv. I turn speakerphone on the hd2 on and off and see if what I hear on the other phone on my ear get higher or not. OR you can call someone and ask them of course :)

libaudio.so of this thread works on typhoon 3.0.0 BUT
I asked if a new libaudio be useful for fixing this problem and it seems not. A new slightly modified htcleo.acdb or maybe some kernel code is needed.

Last edited:
Reactions: ernestus

domado

Nov 7, 2010
It works flawlessly on my HyperDroid CM7 v1.0.4
Seems you finally solved this sound issue. Thank you soooooooo much, iamgpc!

Feb 9, 2008
Brisbane
Anyone had an issue where a text message comes in as Chinese/Japanese characters at random. It's only happened once but the other person swears they didnt send it. All the other messages have come in as english.

themadproducer

Aug 28, 2009
Hey Iamgpc,
A million and 1 thanks for this fix. Been almost 2 days of testing...rebooting with Typhoon CM7 v2.9.4 and I am ecstatic. I swap batteries often and reboot only to get nailed with robot voice and system freeze etc. This is a huge step forward for my HD2 Android experience. Lovin it!

Thanks again!!!:D

c00lfon

Jul 14, 2009
Częstochowa
Hi. Thanks for that fix, it works great with Android 2.3.3 (Typhoon 3.0).

Guys, which phone stuck at boot screen - just plug in "frozen" phone to computer via USB, run adb shell, type chmod 644 /system/lib/libaudio.so and exit. ;-)

freemanxp

Nov 7, 2006
Don't work with MIUI 1.4.22, stucked on the boot screen
also except a Froyo version, because Froyo can not save volumn so you must adjest the volumn every time you make a call . thanks for your great work!

rob124312

Jul 16, 2009
A quick fix for the robotic voice is also to go into MAGLDR > AD RECOVERY > Advanced > Fix Permissions. This fixes the problem every time on every rom.

Reactions: Stephen

seadersn

Recognized Developer
Nov 3, 2010
Germany
LG V30
OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren
yeah, nice... but why are you not able to release the fu**ing source code...?! wtf is wrong with you ppls to not release the sources of sth like that in an open source community, in which everybody is intended to help others?

karendar

Aug 9, 2010
Montreal
yeah, nice... but why are you not able to release the fu**ing source code...?! wtf is wrong with you ppls to not release the sources of sth like that in an open source community, in which everybody is intended to help others?

hehehe, I think everyone agrees with this... ;) I'm sure Charansingh will find a solution. Not even sure iamgpc actually coded it anymore. He probably hex edited the file into working. :|

D.O.C

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Senior Mod
Jun 24, 2006
HTC One X
Samsung Galaxy Tab Plus

Agree there, compiling from open source, learning from community, then not sharing?..doesn't make sense...if we all share is only for the good of our devices, 10000 ppl have more ideas than just one ;)

iamgpc

Sep 19, 2008
Taiwan

-----------------------------------------------------
[COLOR="LemonChiffon"
不曉得現在大家的態度都這麼差?要人release原始碼,還要用?

看到這個字,整個心情就超差,你可以把我當成我沒存在過:D:D

如果我不上XDA,我也沒必要在這邊release:rolleyes::rolleyes:[/COLOR]

Mod Edit: [COLOR="Red"]English forum[/COLOR]...
Chinese - detected to English translation

I do not know what everyone is so bad attitude? VIP release the source code, but also with the.....?

See this word, the whole mood of tolerance, you can think of me as I did not exist

If I am not on the XDA, I did not need to release here

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    removed
    removed
    removed
    What about sources?
    here you go with flashable zip file, works on Hyperdroid CM7 over clk.....
    speakerphone mic gain problem

After getting complaints that people can't hear me when I am on speakerphone I found out that if you enable speakerphone the mic does not get more sensitive. (Normally android has to enable more mic gain when speakerphone is enabled) Mic gain levels are the same when normal talking, and in speakerphone mode. (I am talking about what volume the remote party hears your voice.
    I tried deleting htcleo.adcb in /etc/firmware (which forces android to use default.acdb instead) now the mic is too sensitive in normal and speakerphone mode.
    WITH htcleo.acdb present mic gain is normal in both normal and speakerphone mode.
    WITHOUT htcleo.acdb present mic gain high in both normal and speakerphone mode.
    But actually mic gain has to be low in normal mode and high in speakerphone mode. This has to be fixed because you either can't use speakerphone or you get too much backgorund noise and people complain.
    I tried with a samsung native android phone and mic gain gets higher (mic gets more sensitive) when speakerphone is enabled. This is not about the speaker on your phone. It is about the microphone in your phone and its gain adjustment by android.
    Thanks.

Here is how I test: I call another phone which I hold to my ear with my hd2. I mute mic of the phone in my ear and put hd2 on the table. I talk or have some audio in the background such as tv. I turn speakerphone on the hd2 on and off and see if what I hear on the other phone on my ear get higher or not. OR you can call someone and ask them of course :)

libaudio.so of this thread works on typhoon 3.0.0 BUT
    I asked if a new libaudio be useful for fixing this problem and it seems not. A new slightly modified htcleo.acdb or maybe some kernel code is needed.
    A quick fix for the robotic voice is also to go into MAGLDR > AD RECOVERY > Advanced > Fix Permissions. This fixes the problem every time on every rom.