[GUIDE]Unbrick your X10 or X10i/X10a when you lose access to Xrecovery, SEUS etc.

Search This thread

eightmm

Jun 29, 2010
Adelaide
Hey, I have a problem. Now my phone do not want to charge, every time I am trying to charge it, the only thing that happens - led is blinking with red color every 3-5 seconds. Nothing else. The battery is OK, it is tested.
Same than I connect it with PC.

So I can not connect phone in the flash mode, because it does not led with GREEN but only with RED

Any ideas how to save my X10i?

[SOLVED]

How was this fixed. I have the same problem. Even using a charged battery, it wont boot!

arey11

Feb 7, 2011
the same problem. Can you explain how did you solve it?

solved

battery issue in my case.

Last edited:

anakinlam95

Oct 11, 2010
Hong Kong
i got the same problem
my x10 stuck at the startup screen
and i used the guide to unbrick my phone
but it keeps looping for about half an hour
can sby help me plz?

a-Rcky

Jan 6, 2011
Sto Dgo
[Q] How to..?

If you are on an X10a Please use -> [File]

If you are on an x10i use -> [File]

The FTF files are inside the RAR's :)

How do you use those files?:confused:

Actually I'm new into this, but, the FTF files I've seen are the ones you use with Flashtool, as a single FTF file. Instead, this one has many SIN files.

I've made my X10i non-functional by installing 1.6 while on 2.1, please help me with this.

k0sun7eash3d

Jan 4, 2009
Bay Area, CA
I've had a useless x10 for a few months now, and was hoping I could get it working with the new flashtool. After running it and connecting the phone, it's giving me the error:

12/000/2011 22:00:44 - ERROR - Error flashing. Aborted
12/000/2011 22:00:44 - INFO - Now unplug the device and power it on
12/000/2011 22:00:44 - INFO - Then go to application settings
12/000/2011 22:00:44 - INFO - turn on Unknown Sources and Debugging

The problem I'm having is, I haven't been able to get my x10 to turn on. Is there a way to flash without having debugging enabled?

highaltitude

Nov 4, 2010
NC
what if you cant boot to flash mode! Need help ASAP I cant get xRecovery to boot, or flash mode. I can't boot into the installed ROM for more than 10 seconds or so before it reboots again.

doppelganger10

Dec 10, 2010
some troubles here

i do all the steps, but when i turn [ or try to] on the phone, the led just flash in green, then i hit the power button again and it just vibrate, and nothing happens next :S some help please

foxhound494

Jun 11, 2009
I've had a useless x10 for a few months now, and was hoping I could get it working with the new flashtool. After running it and connecting the phone, it's giving me the error:

The problem I'm having is, I haven't been able to get my x10 to turn on. Is there a way to flash without having debugging enabled?

I have this exact problem, PLEASE HELP!

imran_qasim

Mar 1, 2011
i'm looking for Prototype firmware for my X10, i don't know whether its X10, X10i or X10a i flashed with 4~5 different firmware but still phone only give green light, when i flash with 2.1 then it give light and stay there and when i flash with 1.6 then it give green light then off itself.

Take Care
ENJOY

Vindicated777

Dec 9, 2009
TN
This has been gone over a million times and im one of the people who've encountered this again now i dont know what to do... phone is off ( was charged about 75% before it happened ) Gives green led very short vibrate, then nothing...led turns green sometimes when plugged in not all...turns green led again when battery out and placed back in. PC USB cannot recognize device, does not power on what-so-ever...is it bricked for good? Sucks...can't flash nothing!!! HELP please... thanks again!

RikuNoctis

Apr 14, 2011
Cd. Victoria
Hi,

I got a problem, i did everything in this tutorial and i have recovered my x10a with the 2.1.A.435 firmware (i had the 2.0.A.504) and all went smoothly until i noticed that my x10a has no signal, no wifi and when i try to turn on the wifi i only get a reboot, the same when i search for networks in settings-wireless-access points names...

i cant connect to wifi nor radio from my provider, and when i go to restore factory settings keeps telling me "insert SIMCard and reboot"
i've tried to do it with the sdcard inserted and without it but no luck...

there is a way to repair this or do i have to return to my native firmware???

here are my phone specifications and modds

Stock
X10a Telcel Branded
Android 2.1 2.0.A.504

Flashing
X10a Generic
Android 2.1 2.1.A.435

Any help would be apreciated...

Thanks in advance, and keep helping the noobies like me who do not undesrstand very well the android os.

ImS0Raw

Nov 3, 2010
Hi,

I got a problem, i did everything in this tutorial and i have recovered my x10a with the 2.1.A.435 firmware (i had the 2.0.A.504) and all went smoothly until i noticed that my x10a has no signal, no wifi and when i try to turn on the wifi i only get a reboot, the same when i search for networks in settings-wireless-access points names...

i cant connect to wifi nor radio from my provider, and when i go to restore factory settings keeps telling me "insert SIMCard and reboot"

Stock
X10a Telcel Branded
Android 2.1 2.0.A.504

Flashing
X10a Generic
Android 2.1 2.1.A.435

Thanks in advance, and keep helping the noobies like me who do not undesrstand very well the android os.

What baseband do you have on .435?

Reactions: RikuNoctis

Pierre Duc

Sep 24, 2010
Xiaomi 11T
Xiaomi 12T Pro
As most of you are having the same issues, I might have a solution..(cuz i had the same as you..)

[The ERROR is because the phone goes out of flashmode if there is no input within a few seconds].. so wait wait wait till flashtool really asks for your phone..

1. download and install the latest flashtool
2. download latest stock firmware
3. place the latest firmware in the firmware folder of flashtool
4. open flashtool
5. press flash
6. select the firmware
7. press 'ok'
8. wait till its done preparing files and bla bla. untill a popup asks you to connect your phone in flashmode
9. remove the battery from your phone for 5 seconds (10 to be safe?)
10. hold the back button, and plugin the usb cable
11. flashtool will now start flashing without an interuption

xx

ps: screw seus, love flashtool

Reactions: Bandenabos

Bandenabos

Aug 29, 2009
I love you so much !

Everything goes well, my unbooted X10 start now and I could restore my XRecovery image !!!!

Thank you really for this great tutorial very helpfull !

Just a stupide note : connect directly your phone one your computer, not through an usb hub ... flashing errors appears !

Last edited:

pennywhais

Feb 16, 2011
help

i have the same problem, please help us

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So, you've broken a rom and xRecovery wont start? Given up... dont!

I suppose it has pretty much every other use case.

Without futherado heres the guide:

All you need to do is in 7 easy steps.

What you Need:
    Flashtool 0.2.5

A Stock Rom FTF file (for now)

If you are not sure download the GENERIC version for your device.

1: Unzip Flashtool to your desktop

2: Place ftf rom file in %desktop%/FlashTool/firmwares

3: Run FlashTool.exe, Click the Flash button and select the Firmware you downloaded.

Helpful Hint said:
    Be Sure that your phone is off before connecting in flashmode, or it wont turn green. :D

4: When Prompted to connect your phone in flashmode. Hold the back button, and plug your phone in to the computer to connect in FlashMode. The LED will go green, if it doesn't, turn your phone off again and try again! or come here for help.

5: Press OK

If you receve an error, please open the 'drivers' folder (%desktop%/flashtool/drivers/) and run the exe file. to install the flash driver, once installed. try step 3-5 again!

6: Wait 15 minutes. Make yourself a coffee or beer :D

7: Now your phone should be stock. You should be crying and happy at the same time. ;)

BONUS STEP: for easy root, turn on phone and open flash tool (connect phone.) and press ROOT (make sure you have USB Debugging enabled)

If this helps you, comment confirm and thanks :)
    Or just run SEUS.
    Flashtool allows you to root easily on latest firmware.

Sent from my 2.3 x10i using XDA App
    SEUS won't work if you rooted your x10. SEUS tells you that there isnt any firmware for your phone. So this way if you rooted and used a custom rom you will get it to work again.
    Hi,

Stock
    X10a Telcel Branded
    Android 2.1 2.0.A.504

Flashing
    X10a Generic
    Android 2.1 2.1.A.435

What baseband do you have on .435?