Norwegian letters "æøå" on bluetooth keyboards are not supported out-of-the-box, so I searched forums without much luck. I found some helpful threads and decided to solve the problem and share the solution. Others can make their own modified keyboard settings quite easily using the same methods.
Using "adb logcat" I found that the keyboard layout files used were the "Broadcom_Bluetooth_HID.kcm.bin" and "Broadcom_Bluetooth_HID.kl" (might not be the same on other devices - CHECK!). I had the "adb logcat" going while connecting and disconnecting the keyboard, so that I could see what keyboard files were used by the apple keyboard. I made a backup of these and started modifying them, with success.
DON'T BLAME ME IF YOU DESTROY YOUR DEVICE WITH THIS!
I offer no guarantee this will work for everybody!
HOW TO USE:
"Broadcom_Bluetooth_HID.kcm.bin" --> /system/usr/keychars/
"Broadcom_Bluetooth_HID.kl" --> /system/usr/keylayout/
I did this simply by copying the files with the app "Super Manager".
Make backup first. My backups are included just in case.
HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN KEYBOARD SETTINGS:
I used a hex editor called UltraEdit on pc to change some symbols in the .kcm.bin-file, and I used the "KeyTest.apk" from github to make out all the scancodes and used them when editing the .kl-layout file in Notepad on the phone.
NB! If you use the hex editor, make sure you always change one symbol at a time and always do backups for each little change. Whenever I did some change that the system didn't like, it would turn to using the "qwerty.kcm.bin" as default, then I could use the backup to make it work again.
This is my first attempt of a sort of contribution to this great forum after
using it for years. Hope that others can use what I have learn't to make
their own settings. I have attached my original and edited settings files,
and a picture of the keyboard with scancodes.