[APP]DriverDiary v1.7.1 - UPDATED 06-27-11

Search This thread

Fasst2001

Oct 3, 2010
Albuquerque
www.sweypro.com
Hi XDA faithful! We have just updated DriverDiary to version 1.7.1 adding some minor bug fixes. We have also released a new website as well as Facebook and Twitter pages. Check them out and be sure to follow us and share with your friends!

http://www.sweypro.com

DriverDiary tracks fuel mileage, expenses and parts. The free version offers many features and is not limited like most other free vehicle tracking apps. It is ad supported and it does lack a couple features from the pro version, but is otherwise fully functional.

The Pro, paid, version adds the ability to take and store pictures of your fuel and service receipts, schedule automatic backups and is the first app available that allows you to sync your data between a server and multiple devices.

DriverDiary:
img.php

http://market.android.com/details?id=com.sweypro.driverdiary

Thanks,
Ed

DRIVERDIARY:
Track your fuel economy, expenses and parts with a familiar, user friendly interface and keep tabs on your vehicles.

No more looking through that gigantic filter book just to find out the page you need has been ripped out! Have all of your vehicles information at your finger tips and at your side all the time.

****PLEASE: If you encounter any bugs or errors, please email us or use the "Report" button so we can attempt to resolve the issue before leaving a bad rating and/or a bug report in the comments. We can't reply to the comments to help you or notify you when the bug is fixed. We fix bugs quickly when they arise and we want you to contact us. DriverDiary is built on customer suggestions and feedback and we want to earn that 5 star rating from you.****

Standard Features
-Enter fill ups, maintenance and parts easily and quickly with the standard interface
-Track multiple vehicles (as many as you'd like)
-Add drivers and assign them to a vehicle
-Import data from a CSV file (unrestricted amount of records)
-Export data to CSV
-Backup and restore database
-Choose to track/calculate your fuel economy by your main odometer or your trip odometer
-Choose from several unit of measure options (MPG, km/L, etc)
-Choose whether to include partial fill-ups in your calculations
-Choose from multiple currency formats
-Add/Edit/Delete fuel types
-Add/Edit/Delete service types
-Add/Edit/Delete driving types
-Add/Edit/Delete service/gas stations
-Ability to clear/reset data from selected tables
-View comprehensive stats on your vehicles
-View charts of vehicle data
-Service Reminders (NEW)***
-Install to SD Card
-NO resource consuming, battery draining services running in the background like other apps

PRO Features
-All standard features plus...
-Take and store pictures of your fuel and service receipts for later viewing
-Sync your data to a server for easy restore of data and syncing to multiple phones and the future desktop app.
-Automatic backup feature to schedule a backup of your data at pre-determined intervals (Daily, Weekly, etc) ***
-AD FREE!
-Support the dev if you like that app :)
-Search DriverDiary Pro in the market!

***Automatic backup and service reminders use your devices built in alarm manager and NOT a constantly running background service. DriverDiary is resource and battery friendly!

Permissions:
*INTERNET - Used for ads in the FREE VERSION and the Syncing feature in the PRO VERSION
*WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - Used for creating backups and exporting data to your SD card in all versions.
*ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE - Used to check your network connection for the Syncing feature in the PRO VERSION ONLY. This permission is not used at all in the FREE VERSION.
*RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED - Used for setting the alarm service to notify DriverDiary when it should do an automatic backup in the PRO VERSION ONLY. This permission is not used at all in the FREE VERSION or if you have automatic backups disabled in the PRO VERSION.
*WAKE_LOCK - Used for waking the phone up to perform an automatic backup in the PRO VERSION ONLY. This permission is not used at all in the FREE VERSION or if you have automatic backups disabled in the PRO VERSION. The automatic backup service doesn't run in the background consuming your phones resources like other apps. It uses the alarm service on your phone to notify DriverDiary when it should perform a backup so it is quick and efficient.

Please leave a review for DriverDiary if you download it and use it. Let others know what you think!

Any comments or suggestions for future versions, please email us and let us know! We want your feedback!

CHANGELOG:
-Fixed reminders not displaying the correct next date/distance
-Fixed reminders issuing a blank notification
-Fixed syncing of reminders (PRO VERSION ONLY)
-Fixed rare force close on Add Vehicle screen
-Updated help for reminders
-Updated About screen

1.7.0:
-Added service reminders
-Added notes field to parts screen
-Added notes field to vehicles screen
-Fixed distance display not changing to km on service types screen
-Fixed min fuel efficiency in stats to ignore 0
-Fixed min/max/avg miles in stats when using main odometer

1.6.3:
-Changed sync service url due to new website. This update is mandatory for Pro users that use the sync feature. (PRO VERSION ONLY)

1.6.2:
-Fixed data connection detection for sync feature (PRO VERSION ONLY)
-Fixed first sync on additional devices (PRO VERSION ONLY)
-Fixed date output in CSV export file
-Fixed force close when importing a CSV file
-Enhanced speed of CSV import

1.6.1:
-Added notification to automatic backup (PRO VERSION ONLY)
-Changed fuel price to always display with the trailing 9
-Fixed force close on fuel efficiency chart
-Fixed main odometer records being pulled out of order causing innacurate and sometimes negative fuel efficiency
-Attempt to workaround backup/restore issue on 2.2.1 devices (Thunderbolt and Desire HD)

1.6.0:
-Added automatic backup options (PRO VERSION ONLY)
-Added option to include/exclude partial fill-ups in calculations
-Updated help screen
-Fixed force close when trying to add/edit a fill-up entry in European/maybe other locales
-Fixed summary screen being blank after two or more fill-ups when using main odometer
and adding fuel records
-Fixed fuel efficiency calculation when using main odometer and first fill-up is marked as missed previous

1.5.5:
-Modified data shown on service types screen
-Fixed force close on two charts when a vehicle does not yet have any fill-up records
-Fixed force close on Honeycomb

1.5.4:
-Updated error reporting. Please use the \"Report\" button to send force close information to us so we can resolve the issue quickly
-Modified the import process a little and added a help link
-Fixed small bug in fuel efficiency calculation when using main odometer
-Fixed field validation on a couple screens that clears the data
-Fixed choosing a default vehicle where previous default wasn't unselected
-Fixed rare force close on charts
-A couple other minor bug fixes

1.5.3:
-Added miles display to last service on home screen
-Changed tank capacity on vehicle to allow decimals
-Fixed force close on charts when average fuel economy is still 0

1.5.2:
-Fixed force close that happened occasionally when restoring data
-Fixed force close when when adding fill up
-Fixed occasional force close on first launch when adding a vehicle
-Fixed L/100km calculation

1.5.1:
-Fixed bug that causes force close on charts
-Fixed bug for validation on adding a vehicle that causes the data to be cleared when required field is not entered

1.5.0:
-Added charts
-Fixed bug when adding vehicle without a name
-Fixed bug where default driver is not automatically selected when entering a fill up
-A couple other small bug fixes

1.1.2:
-Fixed sync bug cuasing a force close (PRO VERSION ONLY)

1.1.1:
-Fixed sync bug with some records not being transferred to server (PRO VERSION ONLY)

1.1.0:
-Added MPG(UK) unit of measure (slight oversight :))
-Added ability to clear/reset data (Menu -> Data Tools) from selected tables or all data. (PRO USERS: If you use the sync feature, please read the note on the reset data screen)
-Fixed bug with UK/Imperial MPG calculations
-Fixed force close when submitting some empty fill up values
-Fixed last sync date storing as an unreadable date (PRO VERSION ONLY)
-A few other minor bug fixes

1.0.0:
-Initial Release

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    19.7 KB · Views: 470
  • 2.png
    2.png
    20.1 KB · Views: 431
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 399
Last edited:
Reactions: axpira and arayray

axpira

Apr 15, 2011
Santo Andre
Moto G7 Power
Very good application, but I live in Brazil and want to use the units in my language.

Is possible to Internationalize?

Because I think another people likes to use in others units.

My units are: Km instead Miles, Liters instead Gallons.

And another think is to create new Gas Station, I fill up in a BR gas station.

Excuse-me for my English, I'm learning still

Fasst2001

Oct 3, 2010
Albuquerque
www.sweypro.com
Very good application, but I live in Brazil and want to use the units in my language.

Thank you for trying it out. You can change the units in the settings menu.
Menu -> Settings -> Unit of Measure

You can select km/L and DriverDiary will change the calculation and the text throughout the app to Km and L.

We are also working on localizing the app to other languages.

You can create new gas stations from the menu also.
Menu -> More -> Stations

Here you can add/edit/delete stations.

You can also clear all the stations from the table and start fresh since you are in another country and won't use the US stations that are pre-populated. You can do that from the following menu option and just select to clear the data from the stations table.
Menu -> Data Tools -> Reset Data

No problem, you spoke very well. :)

Thanks for trying out DriverDiary and let me know if you have any other questions or suggestions. We are always wanting to improve the app and rely heavily on user suggestions.

Thanks,
Ed

Reactions: axpira

Fasst2001

Oct 3, 2010
Albuquerque
www.sweypro.com
Nice app! Have installed it and will try it out over the next few weeks.

One thing I'd love is a service due reminder. I do my own servicing, and it would be handy to be able to specify a time/mileage when an oil change/service is due and have the app remind you...just a suggestion :)

Hi.

Thank you for trying it out and for the suggestion. We are in the process of adding service reminders and they will be available soon. Please let me know if you have any more questions or suggestions as you are trying it out.

Thanks,
Ed

Eat it iPhone

Sep 23, 2010
Downloading now. Been looking for something like this, as my fuel gauge isnt accurate and i wanted to put in my miles between fill ups and figure out mpg. Thanks.

axpira

Apr 15, 2011
Santo Andre
Moto G7 Power
This software is excelent!!!!
Perfect!!!

Thanks for your answer!!

You can select km/L and DriverDiary will change the calculation and the text throughout the app to Km and L.

Menu -> More -> Stations

You can also clear all the stations from the table and start fresh since you are in another country and won't use the US stations that are pre-populated. You can do that from the following menu option and just select to clear the data from the stations table.

Thanks for trying out DriverDiary and let me know if you have any other questions or suggestions. We are always wanting to improve the app and rely heavily on user suggestions.

Thanks,
Ed

byronczimmer

Mar 26, 2011
Is 'elapsed time' included as an entry field?

I just saw this on the home page and haven't pulled it down yet, but I have a query:

When I record fill-up information I make sure to get the following bits of data:

Price per Gallon (from the receipt)
Total gallons on this fill up (from the receipt)
Total engine 'on' time spent since last fill up (from the car's trip computer)
Total mileage achieved since last fill up (from the car's trip computer)

Those four pieces of information let me calculate, among other things:

Average Miles per Gallon
Average Engine Time per Gallon
Total Engine Active Time

The time information is useful if you use your car infrequently and lets you more accurately determine when you need to go on for oil and fluid changes.

Is this type of data entry included?

Reactions: Fasst2001

Fasst2001

Oct 3, 2010
Albuquerque
www.sweypro.com
I just saw this on the home page and haven't pulled it down yet, but I have a query:

When I record fill-up information I make sure to get the following bits of data:

Average Miles per Gallon
Total Engine Active Time

The time information is useful if you use your car infrequently and lets you more accurately determine when you need to go on for oil and fluid changes.

Hi.

Thank you for your interest and question.

At this time DriverDiary does not allow for engine/running time entry. This does seem like a cool feature to be able to track how long your engine runs for and other data based off of that. We will put it in the queue and add it in a future update.

Thank you for the wonderful suggestion!

Thanks,
Ed

phirman

Jan 8, 2011
Malang
Too bad it's not available in the market in my region :(. Really wanna give a try as it seems usefull.
Sent from my E15i using XDA App

slimbobaggins

Sep 24, 2010
i just wanted to stop in and say, I've been using this app over the last week, and it is most excellent. great job to the dev for a unique app that provides a function i didn't realize was so useful.

i want to upgrade to the paid version to support you, but my question is... when i do this, will my fuel logs carry over to the paid version, or am i at risk of losing all my stored info?

Fasst2001

Oct 3, 2010
Albuquerque
www.sweypro.com
i just wanted to stop in and say, I've been using this app over the last week, and it is most excellent. great job to the dev for a unique app that provides a function i didn't realize was so useful.

i want to upgrade to the paid version to support you, but my question is... when i do this, will my fuel logs carry over to the paid version, or am i at risk of losing all my stored info?

I'm glad its working out good for you. We love to hear that. Upgrading to the pro will retain all of your entered info. Nothing will be lost.

Thanks again,
Ed

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi XDA faithful! We have just updated DriverDiary to version 1.7.1 adding some minor bug fixes. We have also released a new website as well as Facebook and Twitter pages. Check them out and be sure to follow us and share with your friends!

http://www.sweypro.com

DriverDiary tracks fuel mileage, expenses and parts. The free version offers many features and is not limited like most other free vehicle tracking apps. It is ad supported and it does lack a couple features from the pro version, but is otherwise fully functional.

The Pro, paid, version adds the ability to take and store pictures of your fuel and service receipts, schedule automatic backups and is the first app available that allows you to sync your data between a server and multiple devices.

DriverDiary:
    img.php

http://market.android.com/details?id=com.sweypro.driverdiary

Thanks,
    Ed

DRIVERDIARY:
    Track your fuel economy, expenses and parts with a familiar, user friendly interface and keep tabs on your vehicles.

No more looking through that gigantic filter book just to find out the page you need has been ripped out! Have all of your vehicles information at your finger tips and at your side all the time.

****PLEASE: If you encounter any bugs or errors, please email us or use the "Report" button so we can attempt to resolve the issue before leaving a bad rating and/or a bug report in the comments. We can't reply to the comments to help you or notify you when the bug is fixed. We fix bugs quickly when they arise and we want you to contact us. DriverDiary is built on customer suggestions and feedback and we want to earn that 5 star rating from you.****

Standard Features
    -Enter fill ups, maintenance and parts easily and quickly with the standard interface
    -Track multiple vehicles (as many as you'd like)
    -Add drivers and assign them to a vehicle
    -Import data from a CSV file (unrestricted amount of records)
    -Export data to CSV
    -Backup and restore database
    -Choose to track/calculate your fuel economy by your main odometer or your trip odometer
    -Choose from several unit of measure options (MPG, km/L, etc)
    -Choose whether to include partial fill-ups in your calculations
    -Choose from multiple currency formats
    -Add/Edit/Delete fuel types
    -Add/Edit/Delete service types
    -Add/Edit/Delete driving types
    -Add/Edit/Delete service/gas stations
    -Ability to clear/reset data from selected tables
    -View comprehensive stats on your vehicles
    -View charts of vehicle data
    -Service Reminders (NEW)***
    -Install to SD Card
    -NO resource consuming, battery draining services running in the background like other apps

PRO Features
    -All standard features plus...
    -Take and store pictures of your fuel and service receipts for later viewing
    -Sync your data to a server for easy restore of data and syncing to multiple phones and the future desktop app.
    -Automatic backup feature to schedule a backup of your data at pre-determined intervals (Daily, Weekly, etc) ***
    -AD FREE!
    -Support the dev if you like that app :)
    -Search DriverDiary Pro in the market!

***Automatic backup and service reminders use your devices built in alarm manager and NOT a constantly running background service. DriverDiary is resource and battery friendly!

Permissions:
    *INTERNET - Used for ads in the FREE VERSION and the Syncing feature in the PRO VERSION
    *WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - Used for creating backups and exporting data to your SD card in all versions.
    *ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE - Used to check your network connection for the Syncing feature in the PRO VERSION ONLY. This permission is not used at all in the FREE VERSION.
    *RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED - Used for setting the alarm service to notify DriverDiary when it should do an automatic backup in the PRO VERSION ONLY. This permission is not used at all in the FREE VERSION or if you have automatic backups disabled in the PRO VERSION.
    *WAKE_LOCK - Used for waking the phone up to perform an automatic backup in the PRO VERSION ONLY. This permission is not used at all in the FREE VERSION or if you have automatic backups disabled in the PRO VERSION. The automatic backup service doesn't run in the background consuming your phones resources like other apps. It uses the alarm service on your phone to notify DriverDiary when it should perform a backup so it is quick and efficient.

Please leave a review for DriverDiary if you download it and use it. Let others know what you think!

Any comments or suggestions for future versions, please email us and let us know! We want your feedback!

CHANGELOG:
    -Fixed reminders not displaying the correct next date/distance
    -Fixed reminders issuing a blank notification
    -Fixed syncing of reminders (PRO VERSION ONLY)
    -Fixed rare force close on Add Vehicle screen
    -Updated help for reminders
    -Updated About screen

1.7.0:
    -Added service reminders
    -Added notes field to parts screen
    -Added notes field to vehicles screen
    -Fixed distance display not changing to km on service types screen
    -Fixed min fuel efficiency in stats to ignore 0
    -Fixed min/max/avg miles in stats when using main odometer

1.6.3:
    -Changed sync service url due to new website. This update is mandatory for Pro users that use the sync feature. (PRO VERSION ONLY)

1.6.2:
    -Fixed data connection detection for sync feature (PRO VERSION ONLY)
    -Fixed first sync on additional devices (PRO VERSION ONLY)
    -Fixed date output in CSV export file
    -Fixed force close when importing a CSV file
    -Enhanced speed of CSV import

1.6.1:
    -Added notification to automatic backup (PRO VERSION ONLY)
    -Changed fuel price to always display with the trailing 9
    -Fixed main odometer records being pulled out of order causing innacurate and sometimes negative fuel efficiency
    -Attempt to workaround backup/restore issue on 2.2.1 devices (Thunderbolt and Desire HD)

1.6.0:
    -Added automatic backup options (PRO VERSION ONLY)
    -Added option to include/exclude partial fill-ups in calculations
    -Updated help screen
    -Fixed force close when trying to add/edit a fill-up entry in European/maybe other locales
    -Fixed summary screen being blank after two or more fill-ups when using main odometer
    and adding fuel records
    -Fixed fuel efficiency calculation when using main odometer and first fill-up is marked as missed previous

1.5.5:
    -Modified data shown on service types screen
    -Fixed force close on two charts when a vehicle does not yet have any fill-up records
    -Fixed force close on Honeycomb

1.5.4:
    -Updated error reporting. Please use the \"Report\" button to send force close information to us so we can resolve the issue quickly
    -Modified the import process a little and added a help link
    -Fixed small bug in fuel efficiency calculation when using main odometer
    -Fixed field validation on a couple screens that clears the data
    -Fixed choosing a default vehicle where previous default wasn't unselected
    -Fixed rare force close on charts

1.5.3:
    -Added miles display to last service on home screen
    -Changed tank capacity on vehicle to allow decimals
    -Fixed force close on charts when average fuel economy is still 0

1.5.2:
    -Fixed force close that happened occasionally when restoring data
    -Fixed force close when when adding fill up
    -Fixed occasional force close on first launch when adding a vehicle
    -Fixed L/100km calculation

1.5.1:
    -Fixed bug that causes force close on charts
    -Fixed bug for validation on adding a vehicle that causes the data to be cleared when required field is not entered

1.5.0:
    -Added charts
    -Fixed bug when adding vehicle without a name
    -Fixed bug where default driver is not automatically selected when entering a fill up
    -A couple other small bug fixes

1.1.2:
    -Fixed sync bug cuasing a force close (PRO VERSION ONLY)

1.1.1:
    -Fixed sync bug with some records not being transferred to server (PRO VERSION ONLY)

1.1.0:
    -Added MPG(UK) unit of measure (slight oversight :))
    -Added ability to clear/reset data (Menu -> Data Tools) from selected tables or all data. (PRO USERS: If you use the sync feature, please read the note on the reset data screen)
    -Fixed bug with UK/Imperial MPG calculations
    -Fixed force close when submitting some empty fill up values
    -Fixed last sync date storing as an unreadable date (PRO VERSION ONLY)
    -A few other minor bug fixes

1.0.0:
    -Initial Release

Menu -> More -> Stations

Thanks,
    Ed
    Is 'elapsed time' included as an entry field?

Average Miles per Gallon
    Total Engine Active Time

Thanks everyone for all the support. A new update has been pushed out.

Thanks,
    Ed