Thanks Meter: 130

By devastatorx, Senior Member on 29th April 2011, 12:04 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
1st May 2011, 08:24 AM |#31  
Flag Jacksonville
Thanks Meter: 2

More
banner
Here is quick banner I put together. Feel free to do what you want with it. I am open to any suggestions. Keep up the good work OP and devs.

http://sigmasoftwaredesign.com/nookbuntuLogo2.png

Wallpapers

http://sigmasoftwaredesign.com/simple-nookbuntu.png
http://sigmasoftwaredesign.com/heron-nookbuntu.png
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sigma0824 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sigma0824 Ad-Free
1st May 2011, 06:19 PM |#32  
GGN
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Wish i had a bigger sd card to try this, but this is really good work guys, will try emmc build as soon as u put it out there.
2nd May 2011, 12:29 AM |#33  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Another silly question. Does anyone know if VMware can be installed? Idealy, I'd just use Ubuntu for my needs, but alas.... there are NO FIPS compliant RDP clients for linux that I can find. So, I'd love to see if I can run a TinyXP build inside of VMware.
2nd May 2011, 12:58 AM |#34  
Flag Arlington
Thanks Meter: 6

More
this command just gives me:

sudo ./usr/bin/wifistart

command not found, but using only wifi start i get permission denied?

it doesn't seem to recognize the sudo command
2nd May 2011, 01:28 AM |#35  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlt220

this command just gives me:

sudo ./usr/bin/wifistart

command not found, but using only wifi start i get permission denied?

it doesn't seem to recognize the sudo command

Try running sudo chmod +x ./usr/bin/wifistart

It may not be set to executable.

Also, you may need to edit the script to point to w.conf, by default it points to w2.conf
2nd May 2011, 01:37 AM |#36  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Most exciting. Will have to see if I can be of any help with this once the semester finishes up.
5th May 2011, 10:52 PM |#37  
Flag Fort Worth
Thanks Meter: 28

More
bump bump bump !
5th May 2011, 11:55 PM |#38  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Most Excellent!
Very excited to see what comes out of this! Everything about the Nook just screams "Ubuntu" to me, and I could totally see myself using a nice optimized build to be pretty damn productive. Only barrier I suppose (y'know, besides the whole "nice optimized build" part :P) would be an onscreen keyboard!
Looking forward to seeing where this goes.
6th May 2011, 06:07 PM |#39  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ieAnd

Very excited to see what comes out of this! Everything about the Nook just screams "Ubuntu" to me, and I could totally see myself using a nice optimized build to be pretty damn productive. Only barrier I suppose (y'know, besides the whole "nice optimized build" part :P) would be an onscreen keyboard!
Looking forward to seeing where this goes.

The onscreen keyboard in this alpha build is surprisingly usable. The primary barrier, as I see it, is that the X server crashes whenever the Nook isn't plugged into the computer.

Otherwise, with a bit of tinkering to get apt-get working, this is pretty nifty.
7th May 2011, 01:20 AM |#40  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
This probably isn't new knowledge to you but Ubuntu runs well on the Panda Board which is an OMAP dual core proc. That build may be helpful to your project.
7th May 2011, 03:02 AM |#41  
Thanks Meter: 67

More
Hey guys! Saw this post and freaked out! I'm a huge Ubuntu proponent and can't wait to try this out. Getting some Unity action on the Nook Color would be SWEET! I'm not sure I'm up for Alpha testing, but as it comes along I'll give some thought to it. Anyways, here's a banner logo I whipped up real quick, although whoever posted the other one I LOVE your idea of using the n's as the dots. Just might steal it... jk. Ha. Let me know what you guys think!

http://adroidblog.files.wordpress.co...ntu_banner.jpg
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)