FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

F22's Latest Rootfs (Apr 19th, 2011) Highlandsun's RIL Support Patches Merged + More

342 posts
Thanks Meter: 143

By F22, Senior Member on 31st January 2011, 06:57 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
3rd May 2011, 12:01 AM |#321  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
how can I update RIL ? Sorry I dont understant what it RIL or how can I download or install

3rd May 2011, 12:06 AM |#322  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 3,834

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fereso

how can I update RIL ? Sorry I dont understant what it RIL or how can I download or install

If you don't understand, then don't use it. Use the rootfs that is not designed for the new RIL.

Or, just wait. This isn't exactly easy, and there's a new build coming soon with a TON of changes in the mix.

Basically, use this rootfs - Rootfs Image - rootfs-f22-20110418-aaf47ce.img.7z if you don't have the updated RIL.
The Following User Says Thank You to arrrghhh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift arrrghhh Ad-Free
3rd May 2011, 04:20 PM |#323  
Flag St. Petersburg
Thanks Meter: 66

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh

and there's a new build coming soon with a TON of changes in the mix.

FRX07 soon you meant, or Ginger?
3rd May 2011, 04:43 PM |#324  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DmK75

FRX07 soon you meant, or Ginger?

Both. I'm thinking Froyo will come first, as most of the code for Froyo is complete. I think there's still some things left to port over to GB, not positive.

I'm tryin to help sir stine pull it all together, but he's really the master here. When he's pushed out an image, I'll whip up a new package. If it's just Froyo, then I'll only update Froyo. If he provides updates for both, I'll update both.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to arrrghhh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift arrrghhh Ad-Free
3rd May 2011, 05:26 PM |#325  
Flag Beijing
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:

Both. I'm thinking Froyo will come first, as most of the code for Froyo is complete. I think there's still some things left to port over to GB, not positive.

I'm tryin to help sir stine pull it all together, but he's really the master here. When he's pushed out an image, I'll whip up a new package. If it's just Froyo, then I'll only update Froyo. If he provides updates for both, I'll update both.

Great! Wait for that~
After 20+ apps install my frx06 become slowly..
3rd May 2011, 06:42 PM |#326  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:

If you don't understand, then don't use it. Use the rootfs that is not designed for the new RIL.

Or, just wait. This isn't exactly easy, and there's a new build coming soon with a TON of changes in the mix.

Basically, use this rootfs - Rootfs Image - rootfs-f22-20110418-aaf47ce.img.7z if you don't have the updated RIL.

Looking forward to the TON of changes. We just need to disconnect SeƱor Stine's Directv (or at least NHL season pass) so he'll make some time to push them through.
10th May 2011, 10:56 AM |#327  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
With this rootfs data doesnt work. used various kernels but no avail. finally am using the march 1 rootfs since i had that in a backup. am running a rhod100_uk.

tovarish
10th May 2011, 01:20 PM |#328  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tovarish

With this rootfs data doesnt work. used various kernels but no avail. finally am using the march 1 rootfs since i had that in a backup. am running a rhod100_uk.

tovarish

Did you just use the 'regular' rootfs or the "Rootfs Image w/Highlandsun RIL support"? If you used the one with RIL support, you also need to download and bind mount (or otherwise install) the test RIL from post #6.
11th May 2011, 08:42 AM |#329  

More
Quote:

Did you just use the 'regular' rootfs or the "Rootfs Image w/Highlandsun RIL support"? If you used the one with RIL support, you also need to download and bind mount (or otherwise install) the test RIL from post #6.

I was using the RIL rootfs with the testing new ril post. that ril even stopped my phone function to work. i think it is a cdma ril while i have a gsm model. Otherwise I was using the ril from [TESTING] New more stable ril.
11th May 2011, 02:23 PM |#330  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tovarish

I was using the RIL rootfs with the testing new ril post. that ril even stopped my phone function to work. i think it is a cdma ril while i have a gsm model. Otherwise I was using the ril from [TESTING] New more stable ril.

Uhm... that RIL supports both CDMA and GSM. If you genuinely feel the RIL is at fault, post some feedback in that thread with logs. Without logs, your feedback is literally useless.
11th May 2011, 03:20 PM |#331  

More
Quote:

Uhm... that RIL supports both CDMA and GSM. If you genuinely feel the RIL is at fault, post some feedback in that thread with logs. Without logs, your feedback is literally useless.

WRT data I think this rootfs is at fault. The testing ril (not the one you mentioned) works fine with an older rootfs.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)