973 posts
Thanks Meter: 663

By grankin01, Senior Member on 9th November 2010, 07:44 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
4th May 2011, 09:24 AM |#1711  
Flag Oakland
Thanks Meter: 451

More
Well I finally got one that won't root with this method. Argh... Going through another round of warranty exchanges and this one won't root.

Gfree here I come!

8th May 2011, 10:15 AM |#1712  
Flag Silicon Valley, California
Thanks Meter: 98

More
Talking
s=off and visionary + attempt permarot and wallah. !v
9th May 2011, 01:40 AM |#1713  
Flag Bronx
Thanks Meter: 119

More
Can anyone post a mirror to the root.zip

Sent from my gSpot2
10th May 2011, 05:58 AM |#1714  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthj

s=off and visionary + attempt permarot and wallah. !v

can anyone please help me? im trying to root my mt4g using visionary 14 since i cannot find version 11 anymore. i keep trying and trying and trying but to no avail. i am following blackprince's youtube guide on how to perm-root mytouch4g. please help me. thank you..
10th May 2011, 03:10 PM |#1715  
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 11

More
bery-

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=895117

seems to have a link for 11 on the bottom of page1

i strongly suggest you follow the grankin01 gfree method, "check this out even if you're rooted" one

1. temproot with vis11, make double checkmark settings you need
2. follow the guide i just refeneced
3. run vis11 again after you check s=0ff to actually achieve root, make sure you check the "set to rw on reboot" part, but not the "root at boot" part. "attempt root now" . may have to do it twice. i hung at the 1st try but 2nd work after removing battery. good luck!
10th May 2011, 03:54 PM |#1716  
Flag Bronx
Thanks Meter: 119

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by acsi007

bery-

i strongly suggest you follow the grankin01 gfree method, "check this out even if you're rooted" one

3. run vis11 again after you check s=0ff to actually achieve root, make sure you check the "set to rw on reboot" part, but not the "root at boot" part. "attempt root now" . may have to do it twice. i hung at the 1st try but 2nd work after removing battery. good luck!

Does anyone know if their is a video tut for the gfree method? I know blackprince made a tut for the visionary. Its so much easier but everyones says the gfree is better...

Sent from my gSpot2
11th May 2011, 12:03 AM |#1717  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by acsi007

bery-

acsi,

ok i will give you the step-by-step procedure of what exactly i am doing.

- first i temp-root using visionary14. (since i cannot find v11 on that link you gave me) after its temp-rooted, i go to terminal and type su, which says i am temp-rooted. then i type cd /sdcard/root + enter.. then sh root.sh + enter
- then it gave me that "inserting kernel module, and downloading 123123 bytes in .400 seconds" then new line says "synchronizing"
- then it says power down to hboot

- NOW i have tried doing different things. at first i tried doing that. pressing power and volume down together. when the white screen comes on it says "S-ON" i tried that many times and still no good. am i doing something wrong here?

-another option i did was after power down. i dont go straight to hboot. i go back to the main screen and try "attempt permroot now" in which case it tells me "phone need to be temp-rooted" or whatever it says.

is there something i am missing here???
28th May 2011, 03:35 AM |#1718  
Flag new york
Thanks Meter: 17

More
need some serious help plz I've tried every possible method and I can't get s off o have all files I've tried so many different methods n just can't so plz help I've rooted 2 other mytouch 4G but I can't root this one just got it its 2.2.1

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA App
28th May 2011, 05:08 AM |#1719  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag The Wild
Thanks Meter: 1,980

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by keji13

need some serious help plz I've tried every possible method and I can't get s off o have all files I've tried so many different methods n just can't so plz help I've rooted 2 other mytouch 4G but I can't root this one just got it its 2.2.1

If you have honestly tried both the root.sh method and gfree method and have made absolutely no errors.. Then I would not root that particular phone as it probably has the faulty emmc chip. Just my advice.

Sent from my Royal Ginger powered Glacier
28th May 2011, 04:41 PM |#1720  
Flag new york
Thanks Meter: 17

More
So should I get a different one ? I wasnt aware it could b the actual phone.

28th May 2011, 06:04 PM |#1721  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag The Wild
Thanks Meter: 1,980

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by keji13

So should I get a different one ? I wasnt aware it could b the actual phone.

I would. But I am just a better safe than sorry type of guy. You may find a way to get the one you have now rooted, but with the problems you have been having already, and with the failing emmc chips around, I would ditch it and get a different one.

Sent from my Royal Ginger powered Glacier
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)