Search This thread

needtoride

May 3, 2011
What do you have to tell TD for them to find it in their system? I tried calling them immediately after the first post about availability and the guy on the phone was clueless. Nothing for Eee Pad, Asus Transformer, TF101. I coulda' been a contender!

Try A50-101201.

My order is "processing." Not holding my breath....

Switchin

Dec 5, 2010
Lol @ajx

So how does the warranty work. We can't return the device to you in case it breaks. I am guessing that Asus would own the warranty no matter where the device is purchased?

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

durbanite01

Feb 18, 2006
It's so tempting to buy one from him, and I almost hit the BUY button, but I'm not comfortable with the whole thing, for a variety of reasons, so I'm just going to wait. I'm troubled how he managed to get so many units, presumably legally, while all of us were (and still are) scurrying around trying to buy ours, and he apparently managed to push aside quite a few customers like me in the process of obtaining them for resale and profiteering/scalping.

I also don't understand why the etailers would allow sales in volume to him when they had to know that they had so few, and there were so many of us were really trying to get our individual units.

If you actually read his auction you'll see that he doesn't actually have them - it's a pre-order, which probably explains the price. "Also, this is a pre-order, these will likely ship on the 13th of May. "

holysnikey

Apr 9, 2011
My "Cancel" link disappeared soon before my status went from "Processing" to "Shipped". As I already posted, I ordered around 5:40pm yesterday from WalMart.

What are your last 6 order# digits? Mine are 585612. I'll let ya'll know if mine updates today as soon as it does because I'm home for the rest of the day.

mquarles

Apr 7, 2011
For Walmart orders. you can always return the item to your local store. I guess you would be out the shipping though.

acomiskey

Mar 13, 2008
What are your last 6 order# digits? Mine are 585612. I'll let ya'll know if mine updates today as soon as it does because I'm home for the rest of the day.

This is giving me some hope as I have no cancel button. (RE: Walmart)

Your order begins processing immediately after you click Place Your Order on the "Confirm and Submit" page. During processing time it may be possible to cancel your order, but once the order moves into the shipping process, it cannot be canceled.
To attempt to cancel your order during processing:
1.Sign in to your account.
2.Find the order on your account Main Page.
3.Click the order number to see the Order Details.

If it is still possible to cancel, you will see a Cancel button on the Order Details page that you can use to cancel your order. If there is no button, the order is already being shipped and cannot be canceled.

timtlm

Mar 17, 2008
St Louis
It's so tempting to buy one from him, and I almost hit the BUY button, but I'm not comfortable with the whole thing, for a variety of reasons, so I'm just going to wait. I'm troubled how he managed to get so many units, presumably legally, while all of us were (and still are) scurrying around trying to buy ours, and he apparently managed to push aside quite a few customers like me in the process of obtaining them for resale and profiteering/scalping.

I also don't understand why the etailers would allow sales in volume to him when they had to know that they had so few, and there were so many of us were really trying to get our individual units.

If you calculate the ebay and paypal fees on $447 that brings it down to 403. Not to mention shipping costs. If you found someone on here that got an extra, you would likely be paying that much. I'm not saying you should buy one, but he's not ripping anyone off.

ZaelFaroe

Mar 31, 2011
Order 584589
Processing
Cancel Button is still visible.
Standard Shipping.
Shipping to a New England address.

perigee

Apr 7, 2006
For Walmart orders. you can always return the item to your local store. I guess you would be out the shipping though.

This is one reason I did the ship-to-store option. Not only do I get free shipping, but if I never pick it up, I'm automatically credited back after 21 days (according to what I read on the site...). So, if I happen to somehow find one even faster than WalMart, I can keep looking... however, looks like mine actually shipped!

ViViDboarder

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 25, 2010
San Francisco, CA
Funny I ordered from Worstbuy on the 26th - and had a charge on my CC that was futrue dated May 2 (monday)

on May 2 the charge went away and no status change on my order

Today the BB charge returns

05/04/2011 Check Card BEST BUY RICHFIELD MN XXXXXXXXXXXX2682 $424.99

but the order online remained the same.

When I called they said I can pick it up next Wednesday and should be there.

I wonder if it is leaving for my local BB now..

When did you buy? Did you see it on their web page?

durbanite01

Feb 18, 2006
My order from Walmart just got delivered, but I already received my Amazon order earlier in the week. If someone from the Ft Lauderdale, FL area, who posted in this thread before and would like to get it please PM me and I'll arrange to meet you at a Walmart, where I can return the item and you can purchase it. That way you won't have to pay shipping and I won't have to deal with any potential problems that you might have with the device (it's still sealed and NIB).

Gary_S

Apr 24, 2011
Cancelled my order from American TV for the 32GB because of being out of stock. They shipped the dock and she was trying to say the Transformer shipped. I told her no I got a tracking number for the dock. She said well there the same thing are they not. I told her no they are not.

Top Liked Posts