FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: What Cookie version do you prefer ?

Cookie 1.8.5

988 Vote(s)
7.77%
Cookie 2.0

4,049 Vote(s)
31.86%

L [WWE|GER|FRA|ITA|NLD] |July 4| Energy™-.¸¸.·´¯ 6.5|21916 / 6.5.X|29022 * Sense 2021

10,505 posts
Thanks Meter: 10,064

By NRGZ28, Retired Senior Mod & Senior RD - (old) King of WinMo on 30th November 2009, 02:22 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
4th May 2011, 04:00 PM |#34981  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelDiamond

Hey mate,

I was working with in modifying the code - it doesn't work unfortunately. that's causing only a fake-switch.

So: if call-parameter to cmbandswitching would be possible, this would be a solution

How can we find this out? I already tried multiple parameters but without any luck. Isnt it possible to emulate the buttons, or their functions using mortscript and some registry edits?

Cheers,
Sugocy.

4th May 2011, 06:23 PM |#34982  
Flag Ratchada (Bangkok)
Thanks Meter: 390

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugocy

How can we find this out? I already tried multiple parameters but without any luck. Isnt it possible to emulate the buttons, or their functions using mortscript and some registry edits?

Cheers,
Sugocy.

Yes you could use Mortscript to run cmbandswitch.exe, emulate screen input & use reg key values to control script actions but it's not an elegant solution.

cmbandswitching needs some reverse engineering & adjusting to function with required parameters or hooked by another exe to result in required function without manual screen intervention.

someone will come up with a real solution I expect ...
4th May 2011, 07:17 PM |#34983  
Flag Eastbourne
Thanks Meter: 8

More
is there a problem with 29020 builds
After having the device on for a few hours - the menus lose their curves and end up square.

The lock screen loses the slider and the time - and there is no shadow over the background you just have the 4 icons on the screen - that you can pull down.

The system seems to slow down as well.

A soft reset cures this - for a while - it's like a lack of memory or something similar - but it's not memory as there is plenty of free memory and storage

This has been present in all the 29020 builds. Currently on the Energy.Leo.29020.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.Apr.29.7z build.
4th May 2011, 08:07 PM |#34984  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 258

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by guidogsbn

Definitely this new version has a twitter tab, that can not be made to work properly. As I wrote before, I allways get the notice "wrong username or password" even via desktop computer all works fine with my personal data.

Trying to install the HTC Hotfix (german or english) does not make any change. I always get the notice, that the hotfix is allready installed.
Resetting 3 times (neither 8 times) doesn´make any change!

I used all of the 29xxx builts before, without having any twitter problems. So it must be definitely this April 29th version, which has these problems.

Is ther any user with this version, who has no problems with the twitter tab???

Thinking about flashing back to previous version! What a shame....

I read some comments on a different thread that people have flashed back to older versions - and it still doesn't work. Let us know how it works out.
The Following User Says Thank You to stevedebi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift stevedebi Ad-Free
4th May 2011, 09:56 PM |#34985  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister B

Yes you could use Mortscript to run cmbandswitch.exe, emulate screen input & use reg key values to control script actions but it's not an elegant solution.

cmbandswitching needs some reverse engineering & adjusting to function with required parameters or hooked by another exe to result in required function without manual screen intervention.

someone will come up with a real solution I expect ...

Something like this?:
Quote:

ActiveBand = RegRead( "HKLM","Software\OEM\UMTS","OpMode" )
RegWriteDword ("HKLM", "\Software\OEM\PhoneSetting", "ShowUMTSBandPage", 1)

If (Activeband=1)
Run "\Windows\CMBandSwitching.exe"
Sleep(700)
MouseClick(5, 150)
Sleep(300)
MouseClick(110, 750)
elseif (Activeband=0)
Run "\Windows\CMBandSwitching.exe"
Sleep(700)
MouseClick(5, 200)
Sleep(300)
MouseClick(110, 750)
endif

Sleep(350)
If ( wndExists("Band") )
MouseClick(110, 425)
endif

I know its not elegant but it works Though all other 3G toggles still require SIM Pin input, gladly the not so elegant manner does not

Is there a way to open a .exe and view the source code? Never succeeded in that way, only creating them..

Thanks!
Sugocy.
4th May 2011, 10:06 PM |#34986  
Flag Your Basement
Thanks Meter: 6,999

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedebi

I read some comments on a different thread that people have flashed back to older versions - and it still doesn't work. Let us know how it works out.

For those of you guys commenting about Twitter not logging in, the problem has nothing to do with the ROM. Twitter has encountered an error in its API again and is looking into it.

Unfortunately, they work completely opposite of any other software company. Normally, if you roll out an update and it breaks, you roll back and fix the problem. Twitter rolls out broken code and expects the users to be ok with it while they fix it. They don't really care too much about older devices in my opinion.

What can I do to use Twitter in the meantime?

Good question. There are several other Twitter clients for WM. My favorite is Panoramic moTweets. I've been using it for a long time with no problems. I think it's only $3. There is also a free, ad-supported version. The problem exists only with the Twitter tab in our ROMs, and does not seem to affect other services. If you do decide to purchase a Twitter client, I would strongly suggest not purchasing from the WM Marketplace. It won't be supported much longer, as far as I am aware. Most companies have the *.cab files for sale on their respective websites. Even the free versions can normally be downloaded separately.

Other than using a different client to access Twitter, there is also the option to have Tweets sent directly to your device via text message. You must access each profile you wish to subscribe to via a browser and enable your phone number to receive text messages.

EDIT: I should also make it clear that flashing back to another ROM, or reinstalling the Twitter security fix will not allow you to log in again. If the tab is currently working for you, then you will loose the ability to log in again once you either log out, flash a new ROM, or hard reset. My advice is to either move to another Twitter client, or don't flash/hard rest/log out until Twitter fixes the problem.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cajunflavoredbob For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cajunflavoredbob Ad-Free
4th May 2011, 11:47 PM |#34987  

More
Thumbs up
wonderful smooth grt looking.....
5th May 2011, 07:20 AM |#34988  
Flag Noumea
Thanks Meter: 129

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugocy

Is there a way to open a .exe and view the source code? Never succeeded in that way, only creating them..

By definition, a compiled executable is NOT the source code.

That's why authors can distribute them without any fear someone steals their work.

Well, decompilers actually exist for some languages, trying to translate back binary code into known sequences forming recognized procedures and functions. They are of course specialized for a specific language, of a specific version...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunflavoredbob

EDIT: I should also make it clear that flashing back to another ROM, or reinstalling the Twitter security fix will not allow you to log in again. If the tab is currently working for you, then you will loose the ability to log in again once you either log out, flash a new ROM, or hard reset. My advice is to either move to another Twitter client, or don't flash/hard rest/log out until Twitter fixes the problem.

Do you consider that soft resetting the phone means disconnecting from the network ? I would consider it that way. Plus, We don't have 3G here, so my phone is online only when Wi-Fi is accessible nearby.

Aand I still received a tweet one minute ago...

Well, I'll see when I'll flash next ROM. If NRGZ makes a french 29020 one day...
5th May 2011, 08:39 AM |#34989  
Flag Bonn, Germany
Thanks Meter: 886

More
Cool Thank you !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunflavoredbob

For those of you guys commenting about Twitter not logging in, the problem has nothing to do with the ROM. Twitter has encountered an error in its API again and is looking into it.

Unfortunately, they work completely opposite of any other software company. Normally, if you roll out an update and it breaks, you roll back and fix the problem. Twitter rolls out broken code and expects the users to be ok with it while they fix it. They don't really care too much about older devices in my opinion.......

Thanx, that was the kind of answer I was looking for for a while, even if I do not like the fact, how twitter handles its clients !

So I will try one of the discussed alternative cabs instead of HTC-Tab.

I will press the "Thank you" button for you, I only have to change from classic view mode to 2010 style before!
5th May 2011, 10:30 AM |#34990  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Is there any reason why the CHT Music Player Widget does not work on GTX version?

Whenever I try to add it to my homepage it doesn't show :/
5th May 2011, 01:18 PM |#34991  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabannister

Is there any reason why the CHT Music Player Widget does not work on GTX version?

Whenever I try to add it to my homepage it doesn't show :/

Known problem, dunno the specifics but NRGZ knows it
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
addictive, best looking hd2 rom, elegance, energy rom, fastest rom, gtx, hd2 leo, powerful, sexy, smooth, stability!, the best hd2 rom, the rom, tmobile hd2 rom

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)