1,295 posts
Thanks Meter: 403

By Amon_RA, Retired Senior Recognized Developer on 26th June 2009, 10:05 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
3rd March 2011, 10:19 PM |#1301  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
would like to customize 1.7.0
I finally upgraded my google ion to cm6 (from stock doughnut 1.6) via amon ra 1.7.0. Thanks to everyone for all this excellent stuff. The problem I have is that the home key seems to be sticking (probably due to being dropped in the toilet) and so I am always forced to be booted into the boot loader. I'm only able to boot into normal cm6 if i connect with usb use 'adb shell reboot system'. My question is, is there any way I can hack the existing 1.7.0 img to add a menu option for 'reboot system' to force my phone to ignore/bypass the home key press its receiving at reboot time (and just boot into the phone normally)? Alternatively, how would I go about adding an option to the power/end key long press dialog that would 'reboot system' instead of a normal reboot. Any links or help you all can provide is greatly appreciated.

thanks,
ji

2nd May 2011, 06:56 PM |#1302  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Question
Hello everyone!

I have a HTC Magic 32b with original Froyo 2.2.1, rooted (with SuperOneClick) and BusyBox 1.18.4.

I have the ADB & Fastboot on my Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit and they found my HTC Magic (adb devices & fastboot devices)

I want to install the Recovery Mode (I think that the last is the 1.7.0G) but the guide in the first post don't work for me...

I downloaded the recovery-RA-sapphire-v1.7.0G.img and I put the .img in the "tools" folder of ADB (for me, the folder is adb not tools).
Then I reboot the devices on fastboot mode and with a CMD i write "fastboot flash recovery recovery-RA-sapphire-v1.7.0G.img" but this is the result:

sending 'recovery' (4520 KB)... FAILED (remote: not allow)

So I decide to try with Terminal Emulator... I put the recovery-RA-sapphire-v1.7.0G.img into root of sdcard and this is the result:

flash_image: not found

So I try with adb shell but nothing...

At the moment I have this recovery mode, but I think is the "original" of the phone...

How I have to do to install the Recovery Mode? I need your help! Thank you very much!
9th May 2011, 12:21 AM |#1303  
Flag Arima
Thanks Meter: 445

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lux@

Hello everyone!

I have a HTC Magic 32b with original Froyo 2.2.1, rooted (with SuperOneClick) and BusyBox 1.18.4.

I have the ADB & Fastboot on my Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit and they found my HTC Magic (adb devices & fastboot devices)

I want to install the Recovery Mode (I think that the last is the 1.7.0G) but the guide in the first post don't work for me...

I downloaded the recovery-RA-sapphire-v1.7.0G.img and I put the .img in the "tools" folder of ADB (for me, the folder is adb not tools).
Then I reboot the devices on fastboot mode and with a CMD i write "fastboot flash recovery recovery-RA-sapphire-v1.7.0G.img" but this is the result:

So I decide to try with Terminal Emulator... I put the recovery-RA-sapphire-v1.7.0G.img into root of sdcard and this is the result:

At the moment I have this recovery mode, but I think is the "original" of the phone...

How I have to do to install the Recovery Mode? I need your help! Thank you very much!

There is a radio switcher tool on the forum

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=794450
The Following User Says Thank You to BrandoHD For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BrandoHD Ad-Free
11th May 2011, 03:34 PM |#1304  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by achillies400

There is a radio switcher tool on the forum

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=794450

Thanks but is only for 32a, I have 32b!

<<WITH THE PROVIDED FILES IT CAN ONLY BE USED FOR THE OLD 32A MAGIC>>

12th May 2011, 03:39 AM |#1305  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:

Hello everyone!

I am having this EXACT problem!

I too would also appreciate any advice/assistance.
15th May 2011, 02:16 AM |#1306  
Flag Arima
Thanks Meter: 445

More
Quote:

Thanks but is only for 32a, I have 32b!

<<WITH THE PROVIDED FILES IT CAN ONLY BE USED FOR THE OLD 32A MAGIC>>

What that means is that he included 32A specific files for 32A specific phones, but you select your own custom files and flash
16th May 2011, 04:40 AM |#1307  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRevhead

I am having this EXACT problem!

I too would also appreciate any advice/assistance.

Any advice?

I am hoping to retry flashing my phone this evening.

Thanks
9th June 2011, 12:10 PM |#1308  
Flag Townsville
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Help!
Hi peeps, hoping to get some help here.

I've been running COS-DS for a while & previously CM6.1.0 & CMnightlys on my 32B Magic (aka ION aka MT3G, original not 1.2/Fender) that has the .0013d SPL & .28.25 radio.

Seemingly at random my RA 1.7.0 recovery became corrupted, I'd used it earlier in the day no problems & hadn't tried to flash an alternative like Clockwork or anything else, it just spontaneously screwed up.

I boot to recovery either via shutdown --> Reboot to recovery or manually via turning off the phone & powering on holding down the home button. I get this at the bottom of the screen...

Build : RA-sapphire-v1.7.0G

But the menu that usually pops up a fraction after that never arrives.

First I tried the simple thing, installed Rom Manger from the market & flashed Clockwork, it too stops at the same point, Build : Clockwork xxxx but no menu - flashing RA1.7.0G back as the "alternative recovery" says it flashed successfully but still the same thing.

Then I manually flashed as per the first page instructions, there is no Fastboot Flash on this SPL & as I don't have a working recovery I can't do the ADB in recovery thing, so I did the terminal emulator within the OS method & get something like the following...

"mtd: read error at 0x000X0000 (Out of Memory)"

The number of read errors vary, is this the problem with flashing failing back in the CM5.0.7 days, that Gingerbread too simply runs out of memory to run it?

I've run "fastboot erase recovery" to start cleaner but it still fails to flash correctly. Any ideas how to get out of this mess?

In that is disappeared spontaneously, could there be a problem with the flash memory in the phone? How can I test it?

I'm hesitant to try unrooting with a NBH file in case the flash memory is borked & ending up with a total brick.

Suggestions?

Edit: Yes, the MD5 matches

Edit2: Brick pretty much. Unrooted & fastbooting a recovery comes up the same error as when flash_image eventually went through without errors...

"Build : RA-sapphire-v1.7.0G"

...so I think something is wrong with the nand, the OS bootloops with no ADB access & the HTC recovery is borked too. Initially used TMUS MT3G SAPPIMG with perfect SPL .0006, upgraded to a Vodafone SAPPIMG with HBoot 1.33.0009 S=ON & 3.22x radio, exact same symptoms but at least now I can fastboot boot, but it doesn't work with RA versions 1.7.0, 1.6.2 & 1.2.0 or CW2.5.0.7 (yes I'm using H recoveries now given the SAPPIMG I used, they boot to that "Build" line whereas the G one stays at Splash1, as you would expect with 3.22.x radio).
9th June 2011, 04:38 PM |#1309  
Thanks Meter: 71

More
Why doesn't RA Recovery have TOGGLE SIGNATURE VERIFICATION..??I think it is very important and useful..
5th July 2011, 05:59 AM |#1310  
Thanks Meter: 242

More
Will this work for porting it to the Kyocera Echo?
6th July 2011, 05:06 AM |#1311  
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 34

More
I have a HTC Magic 32A with radio 6.35.16.19 and SPL 1.76.2007 which IMG should I install?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
amon ra

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)