[ROM]Liberated Aria 2.2.2

1,700 posts
Thanks Meter: 564

By Gene Poole, Senior Member on 26th February 2011, 04:52 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
7th May 2011, 09:14 PM |#461  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Hey gene poole I just read that the HTC evo found a way to acquire the lock screen from sense 3.0! what do ya think ;-P let's do it! http://www.phonearena.com/news/Put-t...EVO-4G_id18672

7th May 2011, 10:32 PM |#462  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Poole

I think all it does is launch a web browser with the ATT hot spot finder web site.

That's just when you launch the app. The background service automatically connects you to at&t hotspots (starbucks, McDonalds, B&N) without having to accept the terms and conditions splashscreen. Back when some at&t hotspots were paid, it also allowed you to connect to those for free. I'm pretty sure all at&t hotspots went free about a month after the Aria was released. So if you frequent places with at&t wifi often, it could be a mild time-saver not having to always accept the splashscreen.

At least that's how I remember it working. I can't get it working on cm7 and haven't used this rom enough to experiment.
8th May 2011, 01:17 AM |#463  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I installed the trackpad wake addon; no trackpad wake. Is there something else I should do? A setting? Thanks.
8th May 2011, 01:34 AM |#464  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
You Rock!!!

Thank you for your work GP!

When do you think this new work of marvel will be released?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Poole

OK, I'm satisfied the TP wake is working well. Ran it all for the past 24 hrs and no discernible battery loss and it woke every time I pressed it regardless of the situation (plugged, unplugged, asleep for hours, etc).

The kernel is very slightly modified from the stock HTC release with just the TP wake stuff and overclocking tables added. I've also switched IPV6 and CIFS from modules to the main kernel so you won't have to jump through hoops to get goggles, etc. to work.

I've put together a ROM that is basically the same as the latest in the first post (has sideloading option, wifi tethering APNs) with the following bloat removed:

-ATT_Maps.apk
-ATT_Maps.odex
-ATT_Navigation.apk
-ATT_Navigation.odex
-ATT_Radio.apk
-ATT_Radio.odex
-DmClient.apk
-DmClient.odex
-FamilyMapWapLauncher.apk
-FamilyMapWapLauncher.odex
-MobiTV.apk
-MobiTV.odex
-MobileBanking.apk
-MobileBanking.odex
-MobileVideo.apk
-MobileVideo.odex
-WHERE.apk
-WHERE.odex
-WISPr46_Android22_signed.apk
-WISPr46_Android22_signed.odex
-YPMobile_Froyo.apk
-YPMobile_Froyo.odex

And the following added:

+CifsManager.apk
+FileManager.apk
+Superuser.apk

Before I pack this all up, does this sound like a decent ROM? Any other bloat to remove? I just wish I could figure out that AT$T status bar dropdown annoyance (it wasn't in Stk.apk best I could tell).

8th May 2011, 03:39 AM |#465  
Flag tuscaloosa, al
Thanks Meter: 19

More
I could only get tp wake working with jznomoney's kernel.
8th May 2011, 03:53 AM |#466  
Flag Spring, TX
Thanks Meter: 58

Donate to Me
More
Wake worked for a little bit then stopped working completely.

Sent from my HTC Aria using XDA App
8th May 2011, 05:53 PM |#467  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwavesurfer4

Hey gene poole I just read that the HTC evo found a way to acquire the lock screen from sense 3.0! what do ya think ;-P let's do it! http://www.phonearena.com/news/Put-t...EVO-4G_id18672

i second this that would be so cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brswattt

Wake worked for a little bit then stopped working completely.

Sent from my HTC Aria using XDA App

and i have the same problem
Edit: actually i found that it only works when my phone is plugged in
9th May 2011, 06:42 AM |#468  
OP Senior Member
Flag Brighton IL

More
OP updated. New ROM released.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gene Poole For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Gene Poole Ad-Free
9th May 2011, 08:59 AM |#469  
Flag Minneapolis, MN
Thanks Meter: 529

More
Thanks Gene, I'll give it a try tomorrow morning.
9th May 2011, 01:01 PM |#470  
Thanks Meter: 511

More
I cant get SetCPU to be recognized by Super User. I updated SU and it created a binary update zip on my SD card that I had to flash into recovery. I tried to flash it and it said the zip was bad. I have the latest version of SetCPU as well.

Trackpad wake works great though!
9th May 2011, 03:09 PM |#471  
OP Senior Member
Flag Brighton IL

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew.cambridge

I cant get SetCPU to be recognized by Super User. I updated SU and it created a binary update zip on my SD card that I had to flash into recovery. I tried to flash it and it said the zip was bad. I have the latest version of SetCPU as well.

Trackpad wake works great though!

Yes, there's definitely a problem there. Looks like superuser.apk is force-closing for some reason. I'll look into it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)