[System APP] Google Movie Studio

Search This thread

godashram

Feb 28, 2007
only clips recorded by the iconia? how about clips recorded from other similar devices?

was this a limitation on the xoom as well?

jimbobtexas

May 10, 2010
Carrollton
Just loaded up a .3gp file I downloaded, and it works great! Great find, thank you.

Sent from my A500 using XDA Premium App

godashram

Feb 28, 2007
Just installed it... and am very happy now with my a500!

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

cybermage1

Nov 19, 2010
www.humanoidapps.com
And, if you can't write to the system partition, you need to remount it RW. I understand Root Explorer will do this, but I couldn't get Root Explorer to install.

From the shell you would do something like this:

su
mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/mmcblk0p3 /system
cp VideoEditor.apk /system/app/
chmod 644 /system/app/VideoEditor.apk
reboot

PLEASE NOTE: The /dev/block/mmcblk0p3 MAY be different for your device. You can run "mount" at the prompt and look for where /system is mounted

Also, it lists in your menu as "Movie Studio" - took me forever to find it because I was looking for "Video"

Last edited:

ms893

Jul 17, 2008
Thanks!
It's working fine...
I used RootExplorer (mounted rw) , apk copied to system/app and permissions modified with RootExplorer (added execute to owner and group) then reboot A500 (off then on) and I used again RootExplorer to install apk.
:)

baldbear

Jul 18, 2006
I just installed it from a usb stick. There is no need to put it in the system is there?

jibweb

Feb 15, 2011
great job !! thanks a lot!

i was also wondering if the same could work for polaris office, which is apparently much better than quickoffice or any other

Hey All,

I found this thread when looking for the Movie Studio app from my Xoom after it did the 3.1 update as it appeared to be missing. After I installed the apk from this forum, I then noticed that the app appeared twice in my App Drawer. Further research uncovered /system/app/VideoEditorGoogle.apk and /system/app/VideoEditorGoogle.odex

I'm attaching for your use the VideoEditorGoogle.apk file, the permissions on it are 644 (U:RW, G:R, O:R) which can be executed with chmod 644 /system/app/VideoEditorGoogle.apk

I wonder if this is any different? The file size is slightly smaller....

Attachments

• VideoEditorGoogle.apk
    4.2 MB · Views: 1,216

killerskincanoe

Mar 4, 2009
Sony Xperia Ion
Oppo Find 5
Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Btw I'm on HTC flyer. But I've changed.permissions and moved to system app and restarted ... There was no change. Still unable to install... :( really wanted to give this a go now that I'm on HC

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I got Movie Studio(Video Editor) working on A500 here it is...

Requires root

Just move the apk to /system/app, set the permissions and restart the tablet...

Works ONLY with recorded clips