any solution to enable Hulu on the Iconia Tab A500?

Search This thread

ajarmeh104

Jan 29, 2009
Chicago, IL
Hi;
wondering if anyone was able to have Hulu work on A500?

I tried the post in XZoom section and it didnt work... although my A500 is rooted.
here is the OP for Xzoom (also it has many issues even on the Xzoom):
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1060374
Then I installed the original flash and pushed the modified .so file into data/data/com.adobe.flashplayer/lib and it didn't work... the browsers do not even detect the flash player at all.
any help will be highly appreciated.

thanks

rog152

Dec 16, 2009
For now, Playon app installed on both PC and Tablet. It has a fee per month. Playon will take you to a hulu backboor to watch hulu shows
2nd option is TV Show Streams, free it is not Hulu but it has A LOT of TV shows many of which is on Hulu and many which are not.

butchconner

Nov 26, 2010
Northwest Louisiana
ajarmeh104,

When I told you the above, I told you
everything I know!!! :)

Obviously it is for the G-Tab, but I don't
know if the changes needed for Hulu are
the same for both Android tablets or
whether they are brand specific.

I just thought someone who knows what
they are doing might want to check it out.

Rev

saeba

Apr 14, 2006
Atlanta
For now, Playon app installed on both PC and Tablet. It has a fee per month. Playon will take you to a hulu backboor to watch hulu shows

You can also buy a lifetime subscription. It's now $79.99, but as an early supporter, I got it for $39.99 :)! I use it to stream to my PS3 as well, so it's been worth it.

abben

May 1, 2011
I have had no luck with the Xoom fix. It looks like they are needing to load a custom kernal to get their Hulu fix to work and I 'm not sure I want to try loading that on the A500. If the Xoom guys can figure out why they need that custom kernal then perhaps we'll get a better fix for Hulu.

I also have a g tablet and tried the Hulu fixed flash I use successfully on that tab on the A500 but not luck.

00mred00

Aug 11, 2010
Princeton Tx
i will look at the above posts and compare it to what was similarly done on the evo and see what I can come up with. O, the evo it only appeared to work on 10.1

If I get a day off this week I will see what I can do

stone_phalanges

Aug 11, 2010
honestly it's really easy. I don't know why people seem to go through all the trouble of custom kernels and such. Is it a secret? are we trying to hide that we can access hulu so that they won't wise up? It's literally as easy as replacing one file using root explorer and changing the permissions to rxwr--xr--xr. I've used it on my captivate with froyo, then the captivate with gingerbread and now the acer iconia with honeycomb. If you search the forums you should find the file.

Reactions: 00mred00

00mred00

Aug 11, 2010
Princeton Tx
i am not sure why a custom kernal would be required other than hardware exceleration which the a500 would not need. It should just take the so file that has been modified to fool hulu into thinking you are on a windows desktop and all should work fine

I also have a modified hulu apk I use. If I have time tomorrow I will check it out

henne80

Sep 27, 2010
just replace libflashplayer.so!!

I replaced the libflashplayer.so with the one modified for hulu on the Thunderbird and it works just fine. Just do a search in the Forum you'll find it with instructions.

Reactions: Shir_man

BrianDigital

also aside from playon, splashtop is a cheap way to remote into a computer and be able to watch hulu, either way you will have to leave a computer on at home. But splashtop is one time charge of five dollars.

I love it will my htpc and be able to remote and update libraries or predownload a movie

jimrenos

Jan 11, 2010
Hulu working!!!!

On XDA search and download this file:
Fixed Flash 10.2 for Hulu

Then open your stock browser and do the following:
Type: about:debug and press enter. Head into Settings>Debug>UAString>Desktop.

After this Hulu will work, I have tested it and I now have it on my A500

gberty

Nov 27, 2008
Alternate option for streaming Hulu on Iconia a500

This is only a suggestion… no disrespect intended to those who are working on helping us find solutions to the Acer Iconia a500.

I am a noob, who was frustrated to learn that Google is blacklisting users who have rooted devices, and I just wanted to have Hulu on my tablet, like I have on my phone. I have found that Splashtop remote from the market will successfully stream Hulu and Netflix for those who are interested.

It is a paid app, but for someone not wanting to root right now, it seems like a good option- so I thought I would put this out there in case anyone else is frustrated with their choices.

Again, No disrespect intended, I just wanted to offer this since the other option I read about on here “PlayOn” does not seem to work, and it is $79.99 verses $9.99.

Last edited:

Zjoia

Aug 26, 2011
Wailuku
www.kaleltechnology.com
I made the leap to try Splashtop. I dont mind rooting my machine but it a pain over time and generally just irritation follows. My purpose in thus post is to point out that unless I ended up with. a slow or broken machinr splashtop is far from an exceptable answer. Its slow and super choppy when streaming video, correct me if im wrong and youve seen acceptable connections but id like to save you the $10, the app is cool but not a good solution for this discussion. Additionally to note is its a comole take over of the remote machine, you can't use your tablet while someone else uses teh computer you are remoting to

Diablo67

On XDA search and download this file:
Fixed Flash 10.2 for Hulu

Then open your stock browser and do the following:
Type: about:debug and press enter. Head into Settings>Debug>UAString>Desktop.

After this Hulu will work, I have tested it and I now have it on my A500
This dont work for me,hulu keeps saying,"this video is not available for your platform",then force closes,any suggestions?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    honestly it's really easy. I don't know why people seem to go through all the trouble of custom kernels and such. Is it a secret? are we trying to hide that we can access hulu so that they won't wise up? It's literally as easy as replacing one file using root explorer and changing the permissions to rxwr--xr--xr. I've used it on my captivate with froyo, then the captivate with gingerbread and now the acer iconia with honeycomb. If you search the forums you should find the file.
    just replace libflashplayer.so!!

I replaced the libflashplayer.so with the one modified for hulu on the Thunderbird and it works just fine. Just do a search in the Forum you'll find it with instructions.
    Works for me :)

I honestly didnt do anything i searched for apk which i found here

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1136690

installed on my iconia and it runs like a charm no problems at all.:D
    I am running Honeyvillian with the Villian 3.4 Kernel if that helps anyone

EDIT: just read the post above mine..... I did nothing of the sort to make it work maybe im just lucky i dunno