Sony Ericsson: Regarding X8 update? to 2.2/2.3

Search This thread

ozzygang

Apr 14, 2011
I recently asked Sony Ericsson for an Xperia X8 2.2 an official update, I was not expecting a reply but they did. :D
Thank you for contacting the Sony Ericsson support centre.

We can advise the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini, Mini Pro and X8 were all tested on Android 2.2 but did not improve the handset but rather diminished it as it started to run slower and crashed frequently which will not have improved the user experience.

The decision was then made to keep these handsets on Android 2.1 as they were originally designed to go up to Android 2.1 and no further, however as Android 2.2 was requested by our users the handset was tested.

Once we were able to update the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 to Android 2.3 we then also tested the Xperia X10 Mini, Mini Pro and X8 with this Android platform, however it again diminished the handset.

Sony Ericsson decided to keep these handsets on Android 2.1 so the handset would perform at its highest. As advised we will continue to release system updates for the handset to try and improve it as much as possible, however this will not be performed by updating the Operating System to Android 2.2 or 2.3.

We can only apologise for the inconvenience caused and will ensure your feedback is passed on to the relevant department to be looked into.

For further information on Sony Ericsson products, services and support please visit sonyericsson.com.

Should you require any further assistance then please do not hesitate to respond to this email or call our customer support on 08705 237 237.

Kind Regards,

Louis Gray
Sony Ericsson UK Customer Services

Hmmmm..........I'm pretty sure the custom made by devs don't crash I'm guessing they can't be bothered.

Reactions: Milito2

Asycid

Apr 28, 2011
Please someone who knows english flawlessly reply to SE:
If you found out 2.2 is diminishing the phone, then why does the ported 2.2 (2.3)
ROMs faster, than the original SE 2.1 soft with X8?
P.S.: If you need good programmers, browse at XDA...

Wonder what will be the answer (if there is any...).

Edit.: worlds biggest Troll is clearly SE :D

Last edited:

sukartochen

Mar 16, 2011
I recently asked Sony Ericsson for an Xperia X8 2.2 an official update, I was not expecting a reply but they did. :D

Hmmmm..........I'm pretty sure the custom made by devs don't crash I'm guessing they can't be bothered.

Haha... you ask to low.., why dont you asking honeycomb for x8..:) :) :)..

Sent from my X8 using XDA App

account1

Mar 24, 2010

If you found out 2.2 is diminishing the phone, then why does the ported 2.2 (2.3)

..but are they stable enough for everyday use as the stock one?

Reactions: zvorkapic.os

zvorkapic.os

Jan 27, 2011
Osijek
Why don't you reply to them? Attach links to custom roms including 2.2 and 2.3 on this forum and ask if they are idiots or they have idiot developers? Ask exacley what they tested, what doesn't work, what exacley what is slow, ask when they are planinig updates, what kind of updates...
Be stupid and BOTHER THEM with question =)

If few individuals can make ROM@home, I still wounder how big companie such as SE can't do it.

I agree with post above > no money -no new android. So much for customer service.

I'm guessing i won't be buying another SE anytime soon, aldough I realy liked the brand.

Graveir

Jan 5, 2011
Łódź
Yeah, android 2.2 and 2.3 used to crash on X8's stock kernel. If they modified the kernel for the newer version of android it would have stopped crashing. But I guess they took a look at it, decided it's too much of a work for them, and dumped the project in order to focus on newer phones :)

As for slowing down - if drivers were meant for 2.1 of course it slowed down. If they made a proper 2.3 update for X8 it would run smooth as baby's ass.

Bullshitters.

X1111

Mar 16, 2011
i have a bit....
we all know hardware of W8 is the same of X8
after coming update 2.2 or 2.3 for W8 (not our X8) send them this request with this silly answer
when they say again :
we then also tested the Xperia X10 Mini, Mini Pro and X8 with this Android platform, however it again diminished the handset.

then tell them f**ck u SE
;)

ekstrom79

Dec 17, 2010
Well custom rom with 2.2 works great so dont belive them

Sent from my X8 using Tapatalk

zcaelan

Mar 12, 2012
hi

Fo r me they won't do it because tmost of the people now are practical if they upgrade the
phones with cheaper value the sales of phones with cheaper value will increase but the phone with higher value will decrease in sales

cybermiguel

Feb 12, 2011
Angol
Samsung Galaxy S9
I think the 2.2 roms that are running smooth here, are because they have no additional software running in the background. If you have SE software running in the background and SE apps installed, of course it will be slow.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The reason is simple: they don't want to upgrade OS for us because that upgrade doesn't bring them profit.

It (the above reply) is just a way to fool noob users to stay with 2.1 happily.
    Thank you for contacting the Sony Ericsson support centre.

We can advise the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini, Mini Pro and X8 were all tested on Android 2.2 but did not improve the handset but rather diminished it as it started to run slower and crashed frequently which will not have improved the user experience.

The decision was then made to keep these handsets on Android 2.1 as they were originally designed to go up to Android 2.1 and no further, however as Android 2.2 was requested by our users the handset was tested.

Once we were able to update the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 to Android 2.3 we then also tested the Xperia X10 Mini, Mini Pro and X8 with this Android platform, however it again diminished the handset.

Sony Ericsson decided to keep these handsets on Android 2.1 so the handset would perform at its highest. As advised we will continue to release system updates for the handset to try and improve it as much as possible, however this will not be performed by updating the Operating System to Android 2.2 or 2.3.

We can only apologise for the inconvenience caused and will ensure your feedback is passed on to the relevant department to be looked into.

For further information on Sony Ericsson products, services and support please visit sonyericsson.com.

Should you require any further assistance then please do not hesitate to respond to this email or call our customer support on 08705 237 237.

Kind Regards,

Louis Gray
    Sony Ericsson UK Customer Services

..but are they stable enough for everyday use as the stock one?