[ROM][7/11/2011] Virtuous G-Lite v1.0.3 :: Gingerbread AOSP HTC/G2 base 2.13.531.8

Search This thread

rmk40

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 13, 2010
G-Lite is a departure from other Virtuous ROMs in that it is effectively AOSP and designed to be lightweight, yet functional. If you find yourself discarding most of the features of Sense in favor of specific apps of your preference, this ROM is for you. Don't expect anything too fancy.

Features
  • Supported on the G2 and DesireZ only.

• Minimalistic, lightweight ROM with +200MB of memory free at startup.

• Extremely battery efficient (best of any G2/DZ ROM I have used to date).

• Based on Vision_Gingerbread_S_TMOUS_2.13.531.8, which is effectively AOSP.

• All device hardware fully functional, including wifi, bluetooth, camera, camcorder, etc.

• Kernel 2.6.35.10 Vision Gingerbread kernel. Do NOT use AOSP kernels with this ROM (i.e. Pershoot, Cyanogen).

• Market-sourced applications (Gmail, Maps, Voice, etc) automatically installed on first boot into /data/app for easy removal.

• Basic visual enhancements to notification bar, icons and pulldown menus to eliminate green indicators in favor of white.

• Replaced stock Gingerbread launcher with LauncherPro.

• Wifi calling and Swype conditionally installed for T-Mobile USA users. If your carrier licenses Swype for your DZ, let me know and I will adjust the installer.

• Bloatware and unnecessary applications removed.

• Additional notifications and ringtones added from Sense.

• Massive APNS list.

• Rooted, deodexed and zipaligned (should be assumed with all ROMs but people ask so I mention it anyway).

Last edited:

rmk40

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 13, 2010
Official Support Disclaimer

Users of this ROM are welcome and encouraged to assist one another in this thread. However, support from the development team will not be offered here. For that, please visit our official forums.

Last edited:

enserio

Oct 26, 2010
California
85MB? Wow. That is aerodynamic! Even though I have a nagging feeling I'm rolling with the Fusion for awhile, I must give this a spin. Respect, rmk.

ixamsilent

Jul 7, 2010
Lawrence
Downloading now. You make some badass ROMs and other things so I have no doubt I will be impressed by this.

Keep up the awesome work.

Sent From My T-Mobile G2 via XDA

daboy00

Mar 31, 2011
mod edit: that was a bit too much.

Last edited by a moderator:

Unicornasaurus

Oct 26, 2008
Vancouver, BC
Just when I was looking to switch it up on my phone, you come out with another masterpiece!

Downloading now, will flash and hopefully get better battery than ~7%/hour that it is now..

mrpandainc

Aug 31, 2008

No offense lol, I can see why some Modders get mad.

Unless you were just joking ;)

"
No overclocking or trackpad wake YET, since we do not have Vision GB kernel source from HTC. Please do not ask about it as implementing these features is on my to do list when it becomes possible.
"

From the original first post if you read it.

alnzbail

Aug 22, 2009
corpus christi, texas
Thnx for fast response netflix app for g2 Is having video playback issuses with cm7 on most roms ur sense 3.0 rom has no probs I'm downloading now will post results

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA Premium App

alnzbail

Aug 22, 2009
corpus christi, texas
I don't see why it wouldn't. If it does not, let me know and try to provide a logcat.

Nope it doesn't work how do I do logcat I'm sry I haven't done that I think its a netflix issue a lot of ppl can't get it to work on their rooted phone with gingerbread.

Side note was hoping this would have stuck with the 2g/3g/4g that was like that in stock rom no big deal but hey rmk nice work great stuff man like ur roms alot

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using XDA Premium App

noodles2224

Jan 10, 2009
if i wanted the GREEN back, can i just replace the framework-res.apk and systemui.apk right?? I prefer the stock look :/

mreeekay

Oct 21, 2009
Thanks rmk! Been finding myself wanting something lighter and lighter. Been running virtuous 1.0.2 for awhile, then been runnin' your gb sense rom currently. Liked fusion a lot but waiting for it to be ironed out, not to mention how huge it is.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    G-Lite is a departure from other Virtuous ROMs in that it is effectively AOSP and designed to be lightweight, yet functional. If you find yourself discarding most of the features of Sense in favor of specific apps of your preference, this ROM is for you. Don't expect anything too fancy.

Features
    • Supported on the G2 and DesireZ only.

• Minimalistic, lightweight ROM with +200MB of memory free at startup.

• Extremely battery efficient (best of any G2/DZ ROM I have used to date).

• Based on Vision_Gingerbread_S_TMOUS_2.13.531.8, which is effectively AOSP.

• All device hardware fully functional, including wifi, bluetooth, camera, camcorder, etc.

• Kernel 2.6.35.10 Vision Gingerbread kernel. Do NOT use AOSP kernels with this ROM (i.e. Pershoot, Cyanogen).

• Market-sourced applications (Gmail, Maps, Voice, etc) automatically installed on first boot into /data/app for easy removal.

• Basic visual enhancements to notification bar, icons and pulldown menus to eliminate green indicators in favor of white.

• Replaced stock Gingerbread launcher with LauncherPro.

• Wifi calling and Swype conditionally installed for T-Mobile USA users. If your carrier licenses Swype for your DZ, let me know and I will adjust the installer.

• Bloatware and unnecessary applications removed.

• Additional notifications and ringtones added from Sense.

• Massive APNS list.

• Rooted, deodexed and zipaligned (should be assumed with all ROMs but people ask so I mention it anyway).

Official Support Disclaimer

Users of this ROM are welcome and encouraged to assist one another in this thread. However, support from the development team will not be offered here. For that, please visit our official forums.
    New version, v1.0.3, is now available.

Enjoy!
    Trust me I'm listening to you guys. Next version will have a feature which will install the launcher of your choice based on creating a file on your sdcard (so that the launcher preference is preserved between re-flashes/upgrades).
    Download link is up -- enjoy!