[28.June.2011][SDB] NexusHD2-Gingerbread V2.8 [GRJ22/Android2.3.4][K: tytung_r10]

Search This thread

HaPeWe

Mar 5, 2008
Since V2.9 no new ports from me because there are "official" versions from tytung:

http://sites.google.com/site/nexushd2android/nexushd2-gingerbread/releases

previous version:

SD-port of the CLK-Build:

[28.June.2011][MAG/cLK] NexusHD2-Gingerbread V2.8 [GRJ22/Android2.3.4][K: tytung_r10]

>>> Download-Link <<<

The version is almost unmodified.

Changes:
- SD-relevant adjustments
- added OI-Filemanager

This Build creates a 256MB data.img on the first start. If you want a larger phone storage, you can copy a bigger data.img in the android directory before the first start or replace the created 256MB file with a bigger one later (all previous data will be lost) or with the "update" (see below) edit the startup.txt to create another size.

older version:
NexusHD2-Gingerbread V2.7

UPDATE
Bluetooth values in my last version were wrong, if you had BT-Problems replace the rootfs.img from the build with the one from the archive "rootfs_new.7z" - also the cpu scaling governor now will be interactive with the new rootfs (as tytung recomands) - thanks tytung for the solution of this problem.

Attachments

• dataimg_512.7z
    75 KB · Views: 3,678
  • dataimg_1gb.7z
    177.3 KB · Views: 6,269
  • rootfs_new.7z
    2.1 MB · Views: 2,820
Last edited:

uzi2

Jun 6, 2008
I've downloaded to have a look.
Is it OK with this to rename the folder and change the rel_path in startup.txt?
Or will this cause problems?

mccmjoon76

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2009
Dear HaPeWe . Is this a SD Build ? and can u post more info on your post , like Changelog , What is working , what is not . And some screenshot perhaps :)

Reactions: matury

uzi2

Jun 6, 2008
I've renamed the folder to NexusHD and everything appears to be good. Even the boot.anim blends in well as I use an Energy Winmo ROM.

I will do some more thorough testing and report back soon.
Good work
Cheers

boohoo2u

Feb 19, 2010
Really good work, so far everything looks good and pretty smooth.

Any chance of keeping the key lights on until you turn the screen off?

uzi2

Jun 6, 2008
I've just installed some apps and realised that the data.img is only 256MB
Can this be increased in a future version please?

HaPeWe

Mar 5, 2008
Last edited:

somebully

Nov 18, 2009
Thanks, will probably try this one as the NAND seems very popular! Any particular reason for removing Maps ? I'd just like to know if I can install it on my own without errors.

Also, pros / cons over AmericanAndroid?

uzi2

Jun 6, 2008
Thanks, will probably try this one as the NAND seems very popular! Any particular reason for removing Maps ? I'd just like to know if I can install it on my own without errors.

Also, pros / cons over AmericanAndroid?

I'll be looking into that one very closely as ACan is my regular build :)

vua777

Jun 13, 2005
Last edited:
Reactions: jasons1004

sbdop

Nov 6, 2007
bangkok
This Rom is Very perfect for booting from WIN 6.5, low battery consumption, working fast and stable for daily use, this is the best one we can found right now, I’m much appreciated.

HaPeWe, you are excellent work.
Many Thanks,
:D
:)

chn110

Jan 1, 2009
utf8?

Great build!

But fails to mount cifs utf8 shares. There is no nls_utf8.ko in the module directory. Is it compiled into the kernel? In tytung's NAND thread it says utf8 is supported though.

Reactions: azer0

sack02

Mar 5, 2010
BT issue

Hi,

just testing this build right now. Have not finished. First feedback to BT:

Pairing BT just works if you switch from visible to non visible mode (or vice versa).

Reconnect of BT device also just works if you switch from visible to non visible mode (or vice versa). Quite Complicated ;-(
AVRCP..not working ;-(
Battery drain...20mAh with BT on // 7-10mAh without BT

Last edited:
D

Demon_man

Loving this build great job and even more appreciated as I can't have band builds as I have no USB lol.
Not had any probs yet been using for 12 hours

Sent from my HD2 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since V2.9 no new ports from me because there are "official" versions from tytung:

http://sites.google.com/site/nexushd2android/nexushd2-gingerbread/releases

previous version:

SD-port of the CLK-Build:

[28.June.2011][MAG/cLK] NexusHD2-Gingerbread V2.8 [GRJ22/Android2.3.4][K: tytung_r10]

>>> Download-Link <<<

The version is almost unmodified.

Changes:
    - SD-relevant adjustments
    - added OI-Filemanager

This Build creates a 256MB data.img on the first start. If you want a larger phone storage, you can copy a bigger data.img in the android directory before the first start or replace the created 256MB file with a bigger one later (all previous data will be lost) or with the "update" (see below) edit the startup.txt to create another size.

older version:
    NexusHD2-Gingerbread V2.7

UPDATE
    Bluetooth values in my last version were wrong, if you had BT-Problems replace the rootfs.img from the build with the one from the archive "rootfs_new.7z" - also the cpu scaling governor now will be interactive with the new rootfs (as tytung recomands) - thanks tytung for the solution of this problem.
    Thank you for letting us enjoy this rom!

I have tried so many different roms - I have 6 of them on my SD card that I can choose when I boot but I always come back to this one although not having BT is making life tough at times. But the advantages outweigh that by far.

I use the stock version, the change of kernel did not turn out so well for me.

Looking at the original thread we see this:

I guess that the same updates apply to us?

Especially looking forward to see if the gps gets a quicker fix, it can be slow at times but once it locks it works flawless. Also a little interesting to see what will happen to my Google Maps as I am running 5.6.2. ;)

Downloading now.

Cheers,
    Patrick

Well, I looked into HaPeWe's rootfs.img which has the improper settings for low power Bluetooth, and has the wrong BT address.
    Besides, CPU scaling governor is changed to ondemand when using his rootfs.img.
    The default CPU scaling governor of the r10 kernel is interactive which is better.

After using my modified rootfs.img with my init.rc and init.htcleo.rc, Bluetooth works well for me.
    Bluetooth will auto reconnect after reboot.
    You can try my "official" SD version.
    http://sites.google.com/site/nexushd2android/nexushd2-gingerbread/v2-8_sd
    I've just installed some apps and realised that the data.img is only 256MB

I complemented the first post.

Any chance of keeping the key lights on until you turn the screen off?

You have to convince tytung, because I don't want to create a sub-build. This should be an almost 1:1 SD-port of his original build, also in future versions.
    Can you provide the full method... because in the mentioned link, it is written that install this using clockwork mod recovery.. there is no method for sd builds... TIA

Yes, I will be more specific.

I tried this in an SD installation starting from WinMo (Haret). To have it working these are the steps I followed:

0) make a backup copy of sd card
    1) format sd card and prepare it for a fresh install, just keeping previous data.img to avoid to restore everything
    2) download and unzip the file "kernel_rafpigna_1r9_OC_GB"
    3) extract file zimage from "boot" folder and copy it in android folder in sd card, replacing the existing one
    4) In android folder create a new folder named "root" where you will copy "system" folder with all its content
    5) reinstall the build

It should work as well if you just replace zimage and copy system folder on an old installation, rebooting at the end. I actually didn't try it.

I had this very nice build running with Rafpigna kernel for 2 days now and for me it's superfast and stable like before, but BT gives no troubles and battery life is at least 20% more than before in normal usage.:D
    Just one warning: the network setting "WCDMA preferred" is not working at all for me (I use RMNET). I set "GSM auto (PRL)" and everything runs perfectly.

Thanks to Tytung and HaPeWe for this fantastic build.:)