[Der Kernel] Trinity for G2x - Performance + Batterylife - CM9 + CM7/GB 2.3.5+ based

Search This thread

morfic

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 3, 2008
San Antonio
www.derkernel.com
Trinity G2x

This kernel aims at bringing performance and usability to your phone.
Is this kernel where i want it to be? No, not yet.
Is it worth flashing? Yes it is.

It seems cpasjuste's UV feature is something hard to get around, so I didn't fight the source and just included this.

So what do we have?

• cm source based (2.6.32.43) (cm changelog not repeated here, i'll try to stay in sync)
  • Cpasjuste UV/OC
  • VM improvements (keeps you from running out of memory, stalls if they happen are shorter and less severe than in stock kernels)
  • Build improvements (leaner, meaner code)
  • No crazy long feature lists, less is more!

Thanks to @RyanMacG for euroskank hosting

Make sure you have a recovery with support for ext4

Setcpu supports these kernels, as does the cpu settings under CM7 performance setting, no tool required if further UV is not desired!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

www . Der Kernel . com

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ICS KERNELS[/SIZE]

Last edited:

Atlantian

Sep 17, 2010
Los Angeles
Need more info before I flash this. - Reserved for comments later

UPDATE! Ok, Beautiful KERNEL, only issue now is CM7 not running smooth - CM7 is obviously a nightly and not a RC. Have my fingers crossed for a stable CM7 Release.

+1 For Kernel
+1 Donate to the cause

Last edited:

graphreak

Mar 24, 2006
On my Android powered mobile ;)
Nice.
Speed is the word for how my phone works after flashing this.
Even without using Pimp My CPU
Very snappy indeed!
Thanks for the excellent work.

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA App

Last edited:

chillwill11

Oct 18, 2010
Jerzey
Thanks morphic! Great start.

Can some one post there pimpcpu settings?

Also when I'm using pimp CPU I can't get settings to stick. I have it set to boot but it never sets at boot. N e ideas?

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA Premium App

dumbkkid

Jul 2, 2010
Does this have the keyboard sensitivity fix that is in faux's kernel?

jdkackley

Aug 5, 2010
Chicago
I don't know if this helps much but its my uv setting. I have the scheduler set at anticipatory. Works with force min frequency when screen off. Phone is super smooth too.

d03607a4-de59-9ec9.jpg

Attachments

• screen_20110513_2040.jpg
    screen_20110513_2040.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 3,112
Last edited:

xguntherc

Mar 25, 2010
Viva Las Vegas!
NICEEEE

simms22 is always talking up his trinity kernels and how amazing they are on the Nexus S, and his word is usually pretty solid.

I'm pretty excited for this, will be flashing tonight.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Trinity G2x

This kernel aims at bringing performance and usability to your phone.
    Is this kernel where i want it to be? No, not yet.
    Is it worth flashing? Yes it is.

It seems cpasjuste's UV feature is something hard to get around, so I didn't fight the source and just included this.

So what do we have?

• cm source based (2.6.32.43) (cm changelog not repeated here, i'll try to stay in sync)
    • Cpasjuste UV/OC
    • VM improvements (keeps you from running out of memory, stalls if they happen are shorter and less severe than in stock kernels)
    • Build improvements (leaner, meaner code)
    • No crazy long feature lists, less is more!

Thanks to @RyanMacG for euroskank hosting

Make sure you have a recovery with support for ext4

Setcpu supports these kernels, as does the cpu settings under CM7 performance setting, no tool required if further UV is not desired!

www . Der Kernel . com

ICS KERNELS[/SIZE]

http://goo.gl/M3Gid T15-G2x-ICS

http://goo.gl/J2vBD XLP-G2x-ICSc

good night
    Hey Morphic just wanted to say thanks for the Trinity series!!! My phone rocks em like nobody's business. Currently running SINGH-UI V2.4.6 w/ ELP @ 1.1Ghz set on powersave mode (AnTuTu CPU master free v2.0), using V6 w/ 512HP ledded settings and my phone is RIDICULOUS!!! Battery life is AMAZING! I usually have over 50% when I get home at the end of a heavy-extreme usage day. Performance is SICK! I average over 3100 in quadrant 2.0. No glitches, reboots, stability issues or anything. I can safely say that without the Trinity kernels I would of had to switch phones a long time ago. I've used the T15 @ max OC and experienced INCREDIBLE speed and performance (5509 in quadrant 2.0), but I went back to ELP for an unbeatable combo of batt life and performance. Thanks again!

You are welcome.

It's always nice to know what we could do if we wanted to, but lately all the TEUVs or ELPs or whatever the lower power kernels might end up being called is what interests me more, get some usage out of the phone.
    Interestingly, what i am doing on Nexus S and Nexus Prime, i never considered on G2x, maybe i need to try that here too to help screen on time.
    Let me nandroid eb107, now where I have 2 kernels for stock based that function.
    If you want cm7 and oc, flash a nightly of 15th or the day before ext4 changes were made in initramfs and use the kernels in op.
    Since the latest and greatest is ext4, and I already had that.......you can wait.

Once I have this fixed you fan follow along.

Deal?

Sent from my A501 using Tapatalk
    http://goo.gl/J2vBD XLP CM9

With IRASADPanda seal of approval.