FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] How do I get my 8gb sd card back?

330 posts
Thanks Meter: 46

By Midnitte, Senior Member on 13th May 2011, 06:18 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
After formatting my sd card with a honeycomb image using ecm, how do I get it back to the full 8gb? Do I need to use the hp format tool? or was there something with files?
13th May 2011, 06:48 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 46

More
nvm, just formatting from nook worked and i think i meant windows32diskimaginer (or dd) not ecm.
13th May 2011, 12:50 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
i have the same problem i installed Honeycomb on my nook to try it out and now i want to try out CM7. but my windows xp wants me to format the SD card when i try to transfer the CM7 and Goggle apps . i tried to format in honeycomb but it bugs and does nothing. any suggestions for a noob.
thanks
13th May 2011, 04:14 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 73

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey_8ball

i have the same problem i installed Honeycomb on my nook to try it out and now i want to try out CM7. but my windows xp wants me to format the SD card when i try to transfer the CM7 and Goggle apps . i tried to format in honeycomb but it bugs and does nothing. any suggestions for a noob.
thanks

Got an Android phone? I hear that works as well.
14th May 2011, 10:25 AM |#5  
Flag A Desert ShitHole
Thanks Meter: 5

More
There is information around the web telling you to place your SD Card in your nook and go into settings, device info, unmount the SD, and then format it. This works using the auto-nooter process. Any mod requiring an EXT.4 partition (CyanogenMod, PhireMod, HoneyComb) will not allow this simple procedure. You`ll need software to format your SD card. We recommend using this tool built by the SD card manufacturers association. It is free and simple to use. You can download it here.
http://www.sdcard.org/consumers/formatter_3/
14th May 2011, 03:31 PM |#6  
Flag Conroe, Tx
Thanks Meter: 14

More
There are also reports that putting the Sd card in a USB reader works. I experienced this too. Internal reader = "card not formatted", USB reader = success.

Cheers,
kev
14th May 2011, 04:54 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I use SD Formatter. works great
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)