Need artist to form my ideas of an icon set!

Search This thread

knudsen19

Mar 22, 2010
Randers
Hello

I've been searching for a specific sort of icon set for android apps, but haven't been able to find it. My idea is to have an icon set of stickies / post it´s in different colors, angles, sizes, roation and with either text, drawings or text and drawings for the icon itself.

To give you a better picture of what I'm imagining I've found some pictures to illustrate fractions of the idea - "combined" they kinda look like what I imagine :)

Hope you can help me or guide me in the direction of something alike !

Attachments

• istockphoto_7828274-post-it-software-icons.jpg
    istockphoto_7828274-post-it-software-icons.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 167
  • twitter-post-it-flies-icone-4819-256.png
    twitter-post-it-flies-icone-4819-256.png
    11.8 KB · Views: 131
  • 7000996-web-post-it-icons-series-no-19.jpg
    7000996-web-post-it-icons-series-no-19.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 132
  • stickies.jpg
    stickies.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 121

plainjane

Jan 14, 2011
Charlotte, NC
Seems simple enough to make, I've actually worked on something like this before but never finished it because I didn't really imagine myself using it. I probably still have my resources gathered, and could materialize it for you - but be warned that I'm not a professional and the amount of time I have to work on it is limited. If you want to work something out, send me a pm. There are better designers out there, so if you find someone else to do it I won't be offended.

I'm not saying I suck, I'm just letting you know I'm not the best. Your idea is fairly easy to implement, so it shouldn't take a professional. Anywho, just let me know.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

Reactions: knudsen19

ThaPHLASH

Feb 24, 2010
Montreal
well

I like the idea and could probably pull it off... the only thing bugging me is the random post-it rotation... if they could all face the same direction i'd do it...

but otherwise...

ThaPHLASH

Feb 24, 2010
Montreal
ok

So after much thought i decided to do this set... without compromise, different colors and positions... this is the most logistically challenging set so far...

I hope there's a demand for this because its gigantic work :)

Last edited:

knudsen19

Mar 22, 2010
Randers
So after much thought i decided to do this set... without compromise, different colors and positions... this is the most logistically challenging set so far...

and its coming, with the ability to choose the color and position of every icon. For example, lets say you want the facebook icon, you'll be able to have five choice for it... This is going to be a lot of icons... trust me.

Looking very forward to see the result of this and how it looks in use! :) Good luck from here!

plainjane

Jan 14, 2011
Charlotte, NC
Glad you got Phlash on this! For one, I'm super busy right now and don't have the time.

And Phlash is an amazing artist! I remember when I first came across Tha Icon months ago, I used those icons for at least two months straight!

He'll do a great job, you won't be disappointed :)

Reactions: knudsen19

ThaPHLASH

Feb 24, 2010
Montreal
great

These kind words are totally appreciated!
Been working on a MAJOR update for Tha Icon for the past couple months... maybe tha will win you back! :D

Glad you got Phlash on this! For one, I'm super busy right now and don't have the time.

And Phlash is an amazing artist! I remember when I first came across Tha Icon months ago, I used those icons for at least two months straight!

plainjane

Jan 14, 2011
Charlotte, NC
These kind words are totally appreciated!
Been working on a MAJOR update for Tha Icon for the past couple months... maybe tha will win you back! :D

I've actually been thinking about buying a couple of your newer sets. They look really nice. I set a monthly limit on how much I can spend on my phone - apps, dev donations, etc. If I don't, I'd be broke, lol. It resets on the 20th, so I'll probably buy a couple next week :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ok

Seems simple enough to make, I've actually worked on something like this before but never finished it because I didn't really imagine myself using it. I probably still have my resources gathered, and could materialize it for you - but be warned that I'm not a professional and the amount of time I have to work on it is limited. If you want to work something out, send me a pm. There are better designers out there, so if you find someone else to do it I won't be offended.

I'm not saying I suck, I'm just letting you know I'm not the best. Your idea is fairly easy to implement, so it shouldn't take a professional. Anywho, just let me know.

Here they are!

Remind, communicate and organize!

Head over to my thread and get some samples to play with!