Thanks Meter: 2,927

By SteelH, Senior Member on 11th September 2010, 03:31 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
1st May 2011, 07:48 PM |#211  
newport beach
Thanks Meter: 65

Donate to Me
More
thanks for the guide... super helpful any chance you guys would know how to hide the bluetooth icon? just the on one would be ok i dont mind the paired icon that much

thanks in advance
-Jon

8th May 2011, 02:13 PM |#212  
Flag Fort Worth
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelH

You can't compare CM ROMs to Sense ROMs. There are TONS of differences in the UI such as the one you have pointed out.

His question was "Has anyone been able to remove the clock on a GB based rom?" He didn't specify what type ROM he was asking about. I simply answered how to do it on a CM-based ROM. I've used both and am aware there are tons of differences.
16th May 2011, 10:22 AM |#213  
Thanks Meter: 55

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyk465

Does anyone know where the notification smali file is located in Gingerbread?

com/android/server/status no longer exists in the classes.dex. There are only folders for "am", "connectivity", and "location".

I am running Droid X with the leaked gingerbread.

Hide battery on 2.3.3
File SystemUI/smali/com/android/systemui/statusbar/policy/StatusBarPolicy.smali
After code(line 2720 - metod updateBattery)
Code:
	iget-object v6, p0, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/policy/StatusBarPolicy;->mService:Landroid/app/StatusBarManager;

const-string v7, "battery"

invoke-virtual {v6, v7, v2, v3}, Landroid/app/StatusBarManager;->setIcon(Ljava/lang/String;II)V
add code
Code:
	iget-object v6, p0, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/policy/StatusBarPolicy;->mService:Landroid/app/StatusBarManager;

invoke-virtual {v6, v7, v9}, Landroid/app/StatusBarManager;->setIconVisibility(Ljava/lang/String;Z)V

-------------------------------------------------

Hide clock on 2.3.3
File SystemUI/smali/com/android/systemui/statusbar/Clock.smali
After code(line 298 - metod onAttachedToWindow)
Code:
    .line 106
    const v1, -0x414142

invoke-virtual {p0, v1}, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/Clock;->setTextColor(I)V
add code
Code:
    const v1, 0x8

invoke-virtual {p0, v1}, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/Clock;->setVisibility(I)V
This files from Samsung GT-i9000 Galaxy S - JVB
Screen from MIUI-1.4.15 Desire
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to -= sk0t =- For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift -= sk0t =- Ad-Free
20th May 2011, 10:09 PM |#214  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Any idea where they put the GPS location icon? Already checked HtcCdmaStatusBar.smali in SystemUI.apk didn't see it but I'm out of time until I get home.
27th May 2011, 05:55 PM |#215  
Flag Oklahoma City
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Is there any possible way this could be put into a root app? A simple "Toggle Icons" kind of app like this would definitely be a big hit if it could be reliable and phone independent. Of course, I may just be asking for too much perfection there...
30th May 2011, 08:22 AM |#216  
Flag Philladelphia,Pa
Thanks Meter: 214

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyk465

Does anyone know where the notification smali file is located in Gingerbread?

com/android/server/status no longer exists in the classes.dex. There are only folders for "am", "connectivity", and "location".

I am running Droid X with the leaked gingerbread.

i think it was moved to systemui.apk i was searching myself and couldn't find it there. so it's in systemui...now getting it working it's a task...
1st June 2011, 02:10 PM |#217  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by -= sk0t =-

Hide battery on 2.3.3
File SystemUI/smali/com/android/systemui/statusbar/policy/StatusBarPolicy.smali
After code(line 2720 - metod updateBattery)

Code:

invoke-virtual {v6, v7, v2, v3}, Landroid/app/StatusBarManager;->setIcon(Ljava/lang/String;II)V
add code
Code:

invoke-virtual {v6, v7, v9}, Landroid/app/StatusBarManager;->setIconVisibility(Ljava/lang/String;Z)V

-------------------------------------------------

Hide clock on 2.3.3
File SystemUI/smali/com/android/systemui/statusbar/Clock.smali
After code(line 298 - metod onAttachedToWindow)
Code:
    .line 106
    const v1, -0x414142

invoke-virtual {p0, v1}, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/Clock;->setTextColor(I)V
add code
Code:
    const v1, 0x8

invoke-virtual {p0, v1}, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/Clock;->setVisibility(I)V
This files from Samsung GT-i9000 Galaxy S - JVB
Screen from MIUI-1.4.15 Desire

Added to OP and updated!! Thanks!
3rd June 2011, 12:50 AM |#218  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfiniti9

Any idea where they put the GPS location icon? Already checked HtcCdmaStatusBar.smali in SystemUI.apk didn't see it but I'm out of time until I get home.

It is in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puertoblack2003

i think it was moved to systemui.apk i was searching myself and couldn't find it there. so it's in systemui...now getting it working it's a task...

That is correct.
The Following User Says Thank You to SteelH For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SteelH Ad-Free
3rd June 2011, 06:04 PM |#219  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Ok, first post here, so I hope I'm not about to commit some hideous faux-pas and get roasted... =P

So. I've got an HTC Desire Z running Cyanogenmod 7.0.3. I hate that little battery meter with a burning passion, so I'm trying to follow sk0t's instuctions above. Unfortunately things aren't quite matching up. I've gotten hold of StatusBarPolicy.smali, but the closest I can find to the code sk0t specifies is this:

Code:
    iget-object v4, p0, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/StatusBarPolicy;->mService:Landroid/app/StatusBarManager;

const-string v5, "battery"

invoke-virtual {v4, v8, v0, v1}, Landroid/app/StatusBarManager;->setIcon(Ljava/lang/String;II)V
Am I barking up the right tree here, and if so, how do I adjust the above to rid me of that little blob of a battery indicator? =P

Cheers (or apologies, depending) in advance!
3rd June 2011, 10:25 PM |#220  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerrisis

Ok, first post here, so I hope I'm not about to commit some hideous faux-pas and get roasted... =P

So. I've got an HTC Desire Z running Cyanogenmod 7.0.3. I hate that little battery meter with a burning passion, so I'm trying to follow sk0t's instuctions above. Unfortunately things aren't quite matching up. I've gotten hold of StatusBarPolicy.smali, but the closest I can find to the code sk0t specifies is this:

Code:
    iget-object v4, p0, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/StatusBarPolicy;->mService:Landroid/app/StatusBarManager;

const-string v5, "battery"

invoke-virtual {v4, v8, v0, v1}, Landroid/app/StatusBarManager;->setIcon(Ljava/lang/String;II)V
Am I barking up the right tree here, and if so, how do I adjust the above to rid me of that little blob of a battery indicator? =P

Cheers (or apologies, depending) in advance!

I would say your problem is CM probably uses a different framework than sense.
3rd June 2011, 11:50 PM |#221  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelH

I would say your problem is CM probably uses a different framework than sense.

Ah, right. I guess my question is better asked on the CyanogenMod forums rather than here then. Thanks for your time, it's appreciated. =)
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
gps, hide, icon, remove icons, reticle, status, status bar
Previous Thread Next Thread