FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
H10 Turbo

[MOD]viperMOD for AOSP and Sense Kernels - v3 beta RC2.4 |Updated 6.14.11|

7,836 posts
Thanks Meter: 13,044

By -viperboy-, Inactive Recognized Developer on 19th May 2011, 09:40 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
Hey everyone, welcome to viperMOD for the EVO, Incredible, Nexus One, Desire GSM, Thunderbolt, Nexus S, Nexus S 4G, Desire HD, and Inspire 4G. Many people are having great success with this mod and I hope you enjoy my work

I would like to turn this into an app! If someone would like to help out that has Java knowledge, please contact me!

What does this do?
Kernel developers make their kernels to be "universal". By universal, they want the kernel to work on as many phones as possible so they may only mildly undervolt. However, some phones can handle a more aggressive undervolt. Some can't. viperMOD allows you to undervolt to your choosing for better battery life or allow you to overvolt to make your phone more stable.

How do I run this?
Once you flash the .zip go into your Terminal app (I use Android Terminal Emulator set to 10pt font) and type:

su
vipermod

I really only use Terminal for my mod and there is something really cool you can do with Android Terminal Emulator (and maybe others). Menu > Preferences > Initial Command > Press Enter and type su > Press Enter again and type vipermod

Every time you start Terminal now, it will open right into viperMOD. You can quickly exit by pressing Enter if you need to use Terminal for something else

UPDATE 6/14
  • viperMOD v3 beta RC2.4 is live!
  • Fixed some coding that was giving errors on certain ROMs and phones. Everyone please update to this!
  • Please see the updated FAQ and changelog for more information!

UPDATE 5/31
  • viperMOD v3 beta RC2.3 is live!
  • MUCH better support for NS/NS4G Netarchy kernels and other enhancements!

UPDATE 5/29
  • viperMOD v3 beta RC2.2 is live!
  • Initial support for Desire HD/Inspire 4G and more!

Please see viperboy.tiamat-dev.com for downloads, more information, changelog, and FAQ!
You can find the answers to all of your questions there!

Feel free to support this mod with a userbar in your sig

Credit to:
- snq_ for the VDD support
- Cayniarb for his awesome Tiamat kernel, hosting, and website!
- Netarchy for his amazing guidance and patience!
- My IRC friends ekarelis, bigrushdog, and morph3k for all their help!
- Ziggy for the adjustable sysfs interface
- Anyone who has done testing for me or helped me at all
- Everyone who contributes to Android development
- Let me know if I left anyone out!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to -viperboy- For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift -viperboy- Ad-Free

19th May 2011, 09:40 PM |#2  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag PA

Donate to Me
More
Beta Testers
  • tgallant21
  • ncdub
  • m00nshake
  • pinhead875
  • mastibeta
19th May 2011, 09:43 PM |#3  
Flag North Carolina
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Sent you a PM

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk
19th May 2011, 09:45 PM |#4  
Flag Jenison
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Sent you a pm

Sent from my ThunderBolt using XDA Premium App
19th May 2011, 09:52 PM |#5  
Flag PA

Donate to Me
More
Need 2 more testers!

Testing closed! I hope to see all of you in IRC tonight! Anyone else is welcome to join if they want. I may take some more testers if you show up and help me in IRC tonight
19th May 2011, 10:13 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Gingerjane with built in kernel. Beta plz

Ok I'm too late.

s3nt via ub3r-©u$t0m htc-TB
19th May 2011, 10:35 PM |#7  
Account currently disabled
Flag Troy, Michigan
Thanks Meter: 2,105

Donate to Me
More
Sign me up... I have been able to throw anything at my phone and I can't get it to stall.

Running Chingy's Gingeritis Beta IV with Lean Kernel 2.5.3.

I do have a extra test phone though that I can run whatever on.

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA App
19th May 2011, 11:14 PM |#8  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I've already figured out what my phone's minimum stable voltages are for all available clock speeds in Adrynaline's cf 2.0 kernel using smartass scaling. Here's the link to my post:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=829

My minimum stable voltages are as follows. See the above post and/or thread for more info since others have posted their numbers too.

245760: 750
368640: 750
768000: 850
1024000: 975
1280000: 1075
1408000: 1150

Hope that helps.
19th May 2011, 11:18 PM |#9  
Flag PA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor One

I've already figured out what my phone's minimum stable voltages are for all available clock speeds in Adrynaline's cf 2.0 kernel using smartass scaling. Here's the link to my post:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=829

My minimum stable voltages are as follows. See the above post and/or thread for more info since others have posted their numbers too.

245760: 750
368640: 750
768000: 850
1024000: 975
1280000: 1075
1408000: 1150

Hope that helps.

Great post, thanks for the information! This well give me a starting point as to where to start! I really appreciate that!
20th May 2011, 12:22 AM |#10  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 3

More
No problem. I'd be interested to know what the rest of your beta testers get. Lots of people I work with have the Thunderbolt now and some have me root it for them because they're worried they might brick it themselves. I've told the ones who had me root it about the voltage mods, but I don't much feel like figuring out exactly how low they can go. That takes way too much time! Hopefully I can just point them to your mod instead once it's ready.
20th May 2011, 12:24 AM |#11  
Flag PA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor One

No problem. I'd be interested to know what the rest of your beta testers get. Lots of people I work with have the Thunderbolt now and some have me root it for them because they're worried they might brick it themselves. I've told the ones who had me root it about the voltage mods, but I don't much feel like figuring out exactly how low they can go. That takes way too much time! Hopefully I can just point them to your mod instead once it's ready.

Yeah, that sounds good. I'm not going to update all 24 of the scripts I just made though lol you guys are gonna get your own device specific ones because I am working on v3 of my mods that don't require you to pick a certain file, all my mods will be contained in one place and you'll be able to change your undervolt/overvolt values on the fly
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread