FORUMS

[RADIO] Leaked GB 2.15.10.05.06

5,634 posts
Thanks Meter: 8,021

By Flyhalf205, Inactive Recognized Developer / Inactive Recognized Contributor on 19th May 2011, 07:20 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th May 2011, 10:42 PM |#81  
Smithtown, N.Y.
Thanks Meter: 280

More
I can't flash it. I keep getting install aborted. I flash everything the same. I go to recovery, clear dabook and cache then install zip. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnyp1

My location was locked on before the map loaded, amazing!

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

19th May 2011, 10:42 PM |#82  
Flag Newnan
Thanks Meter: 5

More
My signal has also been much better since flashing the new radio. I may just stick with stock rooted now that we have gb!

19th May 2011, 10:43 PM |#83  
Thanks Meter: 141

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabjmb

My signal has also been much better since flashing the new radio. I may just stick with stock rooted now that we have gb!

This is insane. I haven't even flashed the new Radio, and I'm getting markedly beter signal. Almost constantly on 4 bars.

Could this be an "Apple" type signal-software-enhancement update though ?
19th May 2011, 10:43 PM |#84  
Flag Round Rock, TX
Thanks Meter: 83

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrickles

I can't flash it. I keep getting install aborted. I flash everything the same. I go to recovery, clear dabook and cache then install zip. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong

flash from HBOOT not recovery
19th May 2011, 10:43 PM |#85  
Flag Camden, AR
Thanks Meter: 49

More
Quote:

thanks

You don't flash radio firmware in recovery, you flash it in HBOOT.
19th May 2011, 10:50 PM |#86  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankblaze

I figured this comment would eventually be posted, You are being kind of narrow minded and assuming the people at XDA are all unintelligent by saying this. I myself (and I am willing to bet many others) have been averaging this radio since it's installation, just as I do for about a day or so with all the other radios I get. Although I have only had this one for about an hour I have only seen a dip between -79 and -76, on occasion a spike up to -82, the lowest I was getting in my basement with the newest evo radio was -85. Now moving on to my gps monitoring, I have completely terminated my maps everytime I retry locking GPS, I have gotten a full lock within 10 meters at between 9 and 12 seconds everytime (this is in my basement) when I step outside it is instant. I will still monitor this throughout the next 24 hrs our so (At work, the gas station, while driving ect ect). Please do not assume the intelligent hardworking developers, themers and coders here at XDA just simply install a new radio, look at it once and then decide it's "Epic".

Well being a software coder and knowing about radio waves/antenna algorithms are not the same thing. So I don't assume they do. On the other hand I know we have some very talented devs, although most have left for newer phones. The general attitude on XDA is based on the idea that they can come here flash something and make some major difference. You see it with kernels, roms, radios etc. I definitely dont want to make anyone feel as if I belittled them. Thats not my intention. But there is far more misinformation on XDA than fact.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nfiniti9 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nfiniti9 Ad-Free
19th May 2011, 10:51 PM |#87  
Smithtown, N.Y.

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dscribe

You don't flash radio firmware in recovery, you flash it in HBOOT.

Of course, I'm a moron. that makes perfect sense
since I haven't done anything in hboot in a real long time could someone give me a quick heads up on how to flash this radio.
thanks again in advance
19th May 2011, 10:55 PM |#88  
Flag Camden, AR
Thanks Meter: 49

More
Quote:

Of course, I'm a moron. that makes perfect sense
since I haven't done anything in hboot in a real long time could someone give me a quick heads up on how to flash this radio.
thanks again in advance

Put the PB31IMG.zip file on the root of your sdcard and then boot the phone into the bootloader and it should flash. (I generally have to use the buttons to select bootloader again once I get into the bootloader to get it to see and flash the file for some reason).
19th May 2011, 10:59 PM |#89  
Flag Milwaukee
Thanks Meter: 9,908

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfiniti9

Well being a software coder and knowing about radio waves/antenna algorithms are not the same thing. So I don't assume they do. On the other hand I know we have some very talented devs, although most have left for newer phones. The general attitude on XDA is based on the idea that they can come here flash something and make some major difference. You see it with kernels, roms, radios etc. I definitely dont want to make anyone feel as if I belittled them. Thats not my intention. But there is far more misinformation on XDA than fact.

I think your commentary is contributing to the misinformation, you are making a general assumption based on opinion when saying "The general attitude on XDA is based on the idea that they can come here flash something and make some major difference." The people on this forum that are in reference to that probably make up about 10% of xda at most, I could definitely be wrong but neither of us are taking polls and monitoring stats and IP's to see who is coming here to just download and assume their device will be better. The people that are on here whom aren't so computer savvy are being smart and asking questions and the people who do know what they are doing are helping respond and testing these developers roms, themes, apps ect and giving feedback. As much as I love androidcentral, that is the site people are using to get their "quick fix". It is where you go when you are a newbie with android. If you know about XDA and are a regular here most likely you know not to expect instant improvements from anything. I know you are stating your opinion just as I am but you should make it clear that this is your opinion and not fact, you have no way of knowing what people are here for, nobody can see who is downloading what from external links and whether they believe it will be the end-all to their every gripe and need.
19th May 2011, 11:02 PM |#90  
Smithtown, N.Y.

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dscribe

Put the PB31IMG.zip file on the root of your sdcard and then boot the phone into the bootloader and it should flash. (I generally have to use the buttons to select bootloader again once I get into the bootloader to get it to see and flash the file for some reason).

where is the root of my sd card? I download zips all the time to my sd, like kernels and roms, but I'm assuming that's not the same.
sorry to be such a newb
19th May 2011, 11:04 PM |#91  
Wichita
Thanks Meter: 1,079

More
Quote:

thanks

Flash from hboot, let it load update, when it asks to apply, click yes

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)