[ROM] Elelinux for X8 by Frogy Furnetal

Search This thread

Graveir

Jan 5, 2011
Łódź
There are less lags when there are multiple apps installed, when there are little apps the performance is quite similar. Messaging app is the same in all custom ROMs, I guess... And yes, you can use an internet radio.

porio

Apr 5, 2011
Viña del Mar
i have few questions?
whats the messaging app here?
i like in minicm,delivery report(message delivered by :xyz) so im wondering is there also this?
i read radio dont work,but can i use internet radio(tune in) to listen over internet?
is there some big bugs exept this radio or?
how are lags in games? i hate lags in minicm...
tnx for answer
Hi,

Messaging app is the android default - I use Handcent SMS, though

FM Radio DOES work, as long as you don't install another theme or, if you do, the theme has the appropriate ressources in its framework. I do not use internet radio, but I don't see any reason why it shouldn't work.

The bugs that I have found, I have solved them:
- FM radio with other themes: fix the framework file.
- Can't update Car Home: uninstall with Titanium Backup, restart, download from market. (i don't think this is really a bug, because it happens in almost all ROMs)

In my experience (mainly Angry Birds), the lags are the same as in miniCM.

Regards!

MXR2

Dec 23, 2010
its very weird, mine never self reboot, not even once but i tried my using my backup of this ROM on my 2 other friend's phone but theirs reboot very often

Graveir

Jan 5, 2011
Łódź
For me this ROM reboots only when I overload the highly overclocked CPU, like when I run Dungeon Hunter and somewhere there there is still a RAM consuming app running. Then it sometimes get unstable, but else it never randomly reboots. Try full wipe.

lockieio

Dec 31, 2010
hi i have a question...so this ROM came with 4 corner launcher right?
so if i want to flash new theme,i must put some other launcher for default(ex. launcher pro),flash the theme in xrecovery...and set back againg 4 corner launcher(since i like this launcher)?????...tnx :)

Graveir

Jan 5, 2011
Łódź
No, it will break the launcher anyway. If you want another theme, you need to copy files from its framework-res.apk.

lockieio

Dec 31, 2010
sorry but i could not find exact thread about this on themes section?
can you please give me the link :)
please :)

lockieio

Dec 31, 2010
yeah i read this but still i dont understand part where you say(quote)"you need to copy files from its framework-res.apk"...copy what files and where?
sorry if im boring ;)...i just dont understand :)

Graveir

Jan 5, 2011
Łódź
I'm not being arrogant (though that's one of my flaws), I'm being sarcastic. What I linked is a sticky thread, hardly unnoticeable...

And I meant that you need to copy icons, sliders, buttons, backgrounds, text xml's and stuff from one framework to another. And don't ask me how to do this, I'll just repost the link then :p

lockieio

Dec 31, 2010
LOL...ok i will flash theme and put launcher pro,like i have now...hope i can flash the themes made for minicm..???or i can not?

Graveir

Jan 5, 2011
Łódź
I've made a framework of my favourite CM untouched theme :) The file and screenshots are below. Radio is working, dunno if SEMC works, I've deleted it long ago :p It should run ok though, I was trying to preserve all the related files.

vrua1c.png
21d28ba.png
99m1xk.png

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?vvo9qs15aou5ek2

Instructions:
1. Make an xRecovery backup! I'm not responsible if you brick your phone!
2. Put the apk on your SD card.
3. Go to SD card directory with root explorer (or any other root capable file manager) and copy the framework-res.apk
4. Go to system/framework and paste the file. Set its permissions to rw-r--r--, which means that you should check all the read options and user write option (these were the original permissions).
5. Reboot your device and enjoy the new look.

NOTE:
1. It will NOT change the icons of your settings. I'm planning to do it.
2. Your looks may differ as I have also modified some texts in CM settings.
3. If you want my font - please write, I'll upload it and describe how to change it.
4. The icons for apps are NOT included - please get yourself GO launcher EX and theme it to your liking :)
5. The wallpaper is included and will be set by default.

Also, I'll provide update.zips as soon as I figure out how to make them :rolleyes: Cause zip maker isn't doing the job (or at least I can't make a working update zip with it...).

Anyway - enjoy :p

CaptainZap

Dec 31, 2010
I'm trying this rom right now, but I can't seem to get market to download stuff. I wiped dalvik cache and still doesn't wokr. I hope someone can help me because I like how this rom feels, and I also like the SEMC launcher.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ATTENTION!!
    I did NOT make this ROM. I'm just putting it here, because the original creator isn't playing here in XDA a lot, so because i know him, i'll put and update his ROM over here. Here is the original creator : http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=3201113

UPDATED (11 MAY 2011) SEMC Home Fix for v006a

First, i want to apologize to artoseven for taking over his thread about elelinux, because he seems too busy to update the thread, so i'll take his position, because i visit XDA almost everyday. :D

Well, here we go.
    The original blog post about Frogy Furnetal's Elelinux for X8 : http://www.frogyfurnetal.co.cc/2011/05/project-elelinux-v006.html

Elelinux for X8 is a ported ROM from Elelinux Speedmachine for HTC Hero, using CM6 as its base. Here is the link for the original Elelinux : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=906552

Now, this Elelinux for X8 ROM has reach version 006. The difference (changelog) between this and the previous versions is :

- Market fixed and can download properly
    - Repack of Ramdisk file
    - Corner Button of Radio is fixed
    - SEMC Home 4 Corner Button
    - Fix su apps reboot

The modules already included in this ROM are :
    - Overclock (thanks to doixanh)
    - Pinch-to-zoom v005 (thanks to doixanh)
    - Undervolt (thanks to doixanh)
    - MDDI fix (again, thanks to doixanh)

For those who wants to remove or update the module, just delete/replace the files below :
    - Overclock : /system/lib/modules/x8oc.ko
    - Pinch-to-zoom : /system/lib/modules/x8gesture.ko
    - Undervolt : /system/lib/modules/x8uv.ko
    - MDDI fix : /system/lib/modules/x8mddi.ko
    using Root Explorer, or maybe Droid Explorer in your PC.

The works :
    Everything except Radio.apk (maybe, i havent test this ROM yet)

Some errors found :
    - SEMC Home can create widget, but cannot delete it (fixed on 11 May 2011).
    - Timescape sometimes get an error.

(Please report the bug here, and the original blog post)

Download links :
    v006a : http://www.multiupload.com/YWQS4S1AKQ
    Updates :
    SEMC Home Delete Widget Fix : http://www.multiupload.com/X3VCJWZLOJ

HOW TO INSTALL :
    - Download the file, put it in your sdcard
    - Rename the file to update.zip
    - Then safely remove your sdcard (don't blame if you break your sdcard by not doing this)
    - Enter xRecovery/FreeXperia Recovery
    - select menu "Install update.zip from SD card"
    - Then wait until the process is finished
    - Select the menu "Factory reset (Full wipe)" BEWARE, YOUR PREVIOUS DATA WILL BE DELETED, FOREVER, PLEASE MAKE A BACKUP FIRST
    - Select menu Advanced, then select Wipe Battery Stats.
    - Go back to main menu, and Reboot.

Special thanks to :
    - nobodyAtAll
    - racht
    - Shpit
    - XDA-Developer
    - Kaskus Official Lounge for Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 Users

NEITHER I OR FROGY FURNETAL OR ANYONE HERE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY OF YOUR ACTION, EVEN IF YOU BREAK YOUR DEVICE AFTER INSTALLING THIS ROM.

Some screenshots :

Untitled-1.png

Untitled-1.png

Untitled-3.png

cool!..the stock launcher works...can it be use on floyo?..if yes can you post the launcher only?..thanks:D
    Ok 4corners launcher is great on this rom. Can't wait for wiget problem to be solved. I also tested 4corners on minicm doesn't work so good apk below if people want it.

http://www.4shared.com/file/Ugy_5GQf/SemcHome.html

Sent from my X8 using XDA Premium App
    Less bugs? which ones?
    For example the wifi bug with broken connectivity with some types of routers. And broken volume control on lockscreen.

No, elelinux is not made from floyo, the creator port it from Elelinux Speedmachine for HTC Hero GSM. Try to read the first post again. :D
    I may have said it wrong :p What I meant by this is that elelinux has all the functions of floyo AND some additional bugfixes, I am of course aware of what it's made of. And just btw, what I said wasn't utterly untrue - the author admits that miniCM and floyo elements were helpful during the development of this ROM ;)
    i love this rom..but i dont like the theme....how can i change the theme to look like racht floyo?

try this framework ...
    :p
    very nice indeed!

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1046173&page=7