By kilofox, Junior Member on 20th May 2011, 11:51 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
23rd May 2011, 06:16 AM |#41  
Flag DF
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexland

Could you post a couple of screenshots? I won't criticize your handwriting I promise!

Mine is awful, so I'm concerned about this a little. Most of my on-site notations are shorthand, marks etc. I'd be curious how sensitive it is at the 'finest' pen writing tip - equivalent to a pencil or whatever.

I second (or would it be third by now) this. I want to see how good/precise it is at the finest pen/pencil tip setting. I played a little with a Tab yesterday and liked the size. If the pen is actually good enough for actual writing notes or maybe even a letter (not just the doodles done in the review videos) I think I would totally be willing to live with the single core CPU and Adreno 205. If I bought this it would be mostly for reading and note taking with some basic multimedia playback (I can use something else for fullHD vids, especially as the screen won't handle them).

23rd May 2011, 02:10 PM |#42  
Flag New York City
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by solsearch

I second (or would it be third by now) this. I want to see how good/precise it is at the finest pen/pencil tip setting. I played a little with a Tab yesterday and liked the size. If the pen is actually good enough for actual writing notes or maybe even a letter (not just the doodles done in the review videos) I think I would totally be willing to live with the single core CPU and Adreno 205. If I bought this it would be mostly for reading and note taking with some basic multimedia playback (I can use something else for fullHD vids, especially as the screen won't handle them).

I was about to uplad a screen shot but xda website's upload do not work with HTC flyer's browser.
23rd May 2011, 04:38 PM |#43  
Flag Collinsville, IL
Thanks Meter: 96

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycBulent

I bought mine today, and tethering trial failed. I was using WMwifiRouter for windows mobile. Flyer did not pick tethering signal...

I tethered from my HTC EVO with Wireless tether with no problems
23rd May 2011, 05:22 PM |#44  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I find that I can write with similar accuracy and size as if I were writing on paper. I do occasionally (very infrequently) get palm interference with the keyboard popping up or a capacitive button getting bumped, but it's still way better for me than trying to use Penultimate on the iPad with a capacitive stylus.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0571.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	605018  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to violajack For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift violajack Ad-Free
23rd May 2011, 05:33 PM |#45  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Thank you so much for this picture!!!

Unfortunately all the review videos didn't show a single realistic written page.
Did you write in portrait or landscape mode? If this is in portrait mode I'll get out and buy one right now! Otherwise I'll wait a little bit more for the wifi only version to be available on amazon germany (since they have the best return-policy)

This is so much more than I expected even if it is written in landscape mode.
23rd May 2011, 05:52 PM |#46  

More
This was written in portrait mode. I've used it all weekend taking notes at a small group meeting and church service, and it has continued to perform well. My husband leaned over during the service and commented on the accuracy. It really is the same size I write on regular paper. And I was able to write at my normal speed, the ink keeps up. The eraser button is hugely helpful.
23rd May 2011, 06:09 PM |#47  

More
This is very good news indeed.

It just makes the flyer perfect for student / co workers like me who don't need to write lots and lots of pages rather than summarizing and sketching important things that dont appear on the given presentation / script and so on.

Just one more thing since our handwriting is similiar at most: Does Everynote recognize your handwriting well? I'm not really into handwriting recognition but it would be a nice little feature.

Thanks again.

Edit:

For everyone who is interested in handwriting - here you get something that might help you choosing the right device too: ticoneva dot com/journal/?p=622
XDA is not letting me post real links for now
23rd May 2011, 06:42 PM |#48  

More
I just tested and it looks like it works pretty well for searching within handwriting, although it thinks "with" contains the word "ink". This was one of the very first things I wrote on the Flyer, and I can write more neatly now if I try, but I think those results are pretty acceptable. I have to say I'm impressed, as the handwriting is just sent over as a screenshot, I didn't think it would be searchable.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ink search in evernote.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	605086  
The Following User Says Thank You to violajack For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift violajack Ad-Free
23rd May 2011, 07:08 PM |#49  

More
Thank you again!

I have to agree with you - I didn't think it would work as accurate. I don't mind a few words picked incorrectly but it's nice to know that it is really searchable.
Maybe evernote soon will be implementing some kind of image to text feature - shouldn't be a big step from searching within images.

I'm officially convinced that this thing is perfectly suited for uni!
- cant wait to get rid of printing out 500 pages of script for every 6 months.
23rd May 2011, 07:09 PM |#50  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
**** me, I didn't have a notion Evernote would be able to recognize handwriting. Though it is a bit inaccurate in German our with my writing in particular, this comes in really handy! Thank you very much.
23rd May 2011, 08:00 PM |#51  
Flag Colorado Springs
Thanks Meter: 64

Donate to Me
More
I love the functionality its great reading all this stuff. Something fresh and different from the norm
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)