Stylus - gone from website

Search This thread

jmeich80

Aug 19, 2009
So I have been considering the HTC Flyer for a while because I was one few people that enjoyed the previous tablet/stylus era. But like everyone else I was pissed at the $80 stylus.

Today I was checking out the Best Buy website and I can't find the pen anymore. In fact the entire accessory tab is gone when you view the Flyer.

Maybe I am missing it, but I know I found it last week and now it seems to be gone. Do you think Best Buy/HTC actually listened to the public outcry and learned from the Xoom sales debacle and has decided to include the pen. (Or maybe they are just thinking about it, because the pen still isn't listed as being included either.)

jpnava01

Mar 15, 2011
Stylus NOT Included in BB Package

I too have been checking on the Flyer for several weeks, went ahead and prepurchased it and picked it up May 22. The HTC pen was not there, checked back with BB and all they could say was $69 and it's yours. Been playing with it for several hours and I may yet return it as I can not see the worth. I have the Dell Streak 7 that my son wants, is the Flyer worth the big $. 12 days to return or not?

kcchen

Mar 7, 2005
I too have been checking on the Flyer for several weeks, went ahead and prepurchased it and picked it up May 22. The HTC pen was not there, checked back with BB and all they could say was $69 and it's yours. Been playing with it for several hours and I may yet return it as I can not see the worth. I have the Dell Streak 7 that my son wants, is the Flyer worth the big $. 12 days to return or not?

Return it if you don't see the benefit of the pen. For the money there are a lot of other tablets out there in or below the price range without pen integration.

I personally would not keep the Flyer without the pen integration.

glitzbd

Aug 18, 2009
Del City
Pen back @ BB site

Here it is

So the pen is back up, and I must say I love the pen for writing, although school doesn't roll back up until June 6th I'm doodling more than I should be haha... I admit 80 USD is steep in my opinion and Expansys seems to be the best route right now...

Renegade360

Apr 23, 2008
SW FL
Word is other N-trig pens will work that might be priced lower. I could be wrong and haven't tested this but, Supposedly the Fujitsu stylistic q550 pen will work. It's $29.99 at CDW part number FPCPN36AP. At least thats the part on the Q550 sales page for accessories. If this is the case, no more $80 pens.

Last edited:

threshold350

Feb 23, 2011
ordered fujitsu pen

heard this supposedly works. we will see. i got free shipping so only had to tax. paid $26 and some change. used coupon code FPCFS67EP to get free shipping.

brown14you

Oct 18, 2009
There are several styli packs on the Fujitsu website. Which one is it? Can you please post a link?

RedWingsFan

Jul 7, 2010
heard this supposedly works. we will see. i got free shipping so only had to tax. paid $26 and some change. used coupon code FPCFS67EP to get free shipping.

BE AWARE....if you use this coupon for Free Shipping and try to use PayPal to pay, the shipping won't be waived. The cart shows the free shipping, but the discount is not sent to PayPal for some reason.

I noticed this right after I placed my order and sent an email to Fujitsu to see if they can refund the $5 shipping charge.