MANUAL updation for galaxy tab(p1000) into 2.3.3 gingerbread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

sharkguy

Oct 23, 2008
Windsor
I am very much a noob at this, but I have managed to get 2 other ROMs flashed in the past. You all say this is for GSM tabs only, but aren't these baby's all inclusive? Meaning they are capable of CDMA and GSM? I am assuming that you mean if you want to use the CDMA function, do not use this ROM. I bought my Galaxy as a stock Bell (CDMA) tab, and swapped it into a Rogers (GSM) device VERY easily.
Side note: I am attempting this flash as I write this, will edit as success happens :)

edtel

Jun 3, 2010
I am getting an error please find attached the pictures .

page1.png

Odin with error

page2.png

This is my folder structure of the rom folder.

Am i doing anything wrong. I am new to this so please help me!!!!:confused::confused:

You need to click on PDA and select the Android firmware tar file.

MosCraciun

Sep 28, 2007
I fixed my 'stuck on Samsung logo' error by using this firmware with Chainfires mrPIT file and then his dbdata file. Flashing instructions as per this link

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1073854

NOTE: I'm an Android noob so I may have just got lucky - mix these files at your own risk

Hope this helps someone, and if it does then consider donating to the chefs...

You save my day. I have the same problem after flashig my tab and i resolved in the same way like you do. Thank you!

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA App

Last edited:

carbonkitty

May 15, 2011
hi guys thought I'd ask this here as well, hope that's OK. I manually updated my Sgt, now I can't get my mms to work. I've deleted and added and rebooted several times to no avail. I've also reset to default the apns but nothing shows up. hope someone here can help me. also, when I try to update my readers hub, it says error code 4002. this is making me more anxious as I read a lot and I have a couple of books that I'm reading from kobo.

sent from my galaxy tab using tapatalk

Keylala

Apr 5, 2011
I have a T-Mobile Galaxy Tab original with network access. i cancelled/ did pay the bill and so now my tab is unregistered. i see there is an update for it but when i hook up to mini kies it only backs up my data will not update. Status shows unregistered and will not perform update. So with that said; can i just root my tab to gain the gingerbread or am i just stuck with 2.2?

Thanks

Manstanze

May 8, 2011
Can I?

Android noob here..... kindly bear with me.....
Current About phone:
Model number GT-P1000
Firmware Version 2.2
Baseband Version P1000DDJJ1
Build Number FROYO.DDJK3

Can I safely proceed to update to 2.3.3 according to the provided instructions?
Thankyou for your time :)

andrefilipe90

Sep 14, 2009
Hi all,

A Brazilian user here, I did get stoke right after install the Rom, the Galaxy did not start up, not even the Samsung logo, then I noted that the home screen buttons was alight. then I reinstalled the rom, but this time the 2.2 from my current operator.

Is that possible to install a 2.3 version on my tablet, brazilians galaxy tab are diferent from the other, we have TV build in, also seams that the hardware in general is diferent as well.

A little help here Will be much appreciated.

Thank You guy, in advance.

Last edited:

eongab

Feb 23, 2009
New Zealand
a step by step guide for noobs...

thegalaxytabforum.com/index.php?/topic/3248-stock-rom-android-233-gingerbread-p1000xxjq1-p1000xxjq1-p1000xxjpz

mods sorry if posting link is not allowed here..

Reactions: andrefilipe90

kwajage

Apr 8, 2011
Usa
Android noob here..... kindly bear with me.....
Current About phone:
Model number GT-P1000
Firmware Version 2.2
Baseband Version P1000DDJJ1
Build Number FROYO.DDJK3

Can I safely proceed to update to 2.3.3 according to the provided instructions?
Thankyou for your time :)

Yes sure...you can ...i did it...

Now my tab is superfast....

Go Ahead bro....

andrefilipe90

Sep 14, 2009
Same problem, maybe I have to change a pit file, I cant go forward after the first reset, but I notice that the phones Starts (make the sounds of the Samsung logo comming up) but nothing is showing on the screen (maybe thats a hardware incompatible problem).

Any advise?

Thank You.

Update!

I just find out, that the tablet is in fact booting up, and working, but the screen after I fit this version of the .Tar file is not alighting.

Any advise on that one?

Last edited:

andrefilipe90

Sep 14, 2009
Let me try to know exactly if Im able, with my current Galaxy to upgrade it to 2.3

Is those Details conpatible with this system?

Current About phone:
Model number GT-P1000L
Firmware Version 2.2
Baseband Version P1000LVJJM9
Build Number FROYO.VJJM9

m0on7chiLd

May 17, 2011
I fixed my 'stuck on Samsung logo' error by using this firmware with Chainfires mrPIT file and then his dbdata file. Flashing instructions as per this link

NOTE: I'm an Android noob so I may have just got lucky - mix these files at your own risk

Thanks for tip!

I had the same flashing Samsung logo problem and got it fixed using the 2 files!

usmanqadir

Feb 13, 2011
Lahore
im stuck on samsung logo its just glowing,
waited for 4 hours but still no boot
please help
i did exactly as in the detailed procedure

gila.bueno

Feb 24, 2011
Salvador
Me too,
Let me try to know exactly if Im able, with my current Galaxy to upgrade it to 2.3

Is those Details conpatible with this system?

Current About phone: T-mobile
Model number GT-P1000
Firmware Version 2.2
Baseband Version P1000XXJMA_roto-2G
Build Number FROYO.XXJME

tks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Outdated and without permission.

you need to flash dbdata.rfs after pit+pda...
    you need to flash dbdata.rfs after pit+pda...
    I did nothing else, i just followed the instructions and i made it perfecty dud

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA App
    I tried this on my CDMA Tab yesterday, took a few hours, got it to boot, hung on samsung logo, i am digging the Samsung boot logo though.

No other response, still trying to flash it back to stock verizon, finding stock verizon PIT file was hard, took awhile, it keeps failing, but Ill let it charge back up, try again later.

Oh, lol I own 3 Tabs, was doing this to my "*****" tab. the one I flog with different roms.