Update 1.141.xxx

Search This thread

texonex

Dec 27, 2008
I just received an update from Acer. Version 1.141.xxx where xxx are numbers that I can't remember. I got this by manual update. I think this is an update version for the U.S

swaggerjacker

Apr 18, 2011
Got it too. But mine failed. Said update was invalid. I'm rooted but only froze certain apps. Unfroze them before update. Guess I should have rebooted. Are you guys rooted? Did they include a change log?

*** Rebooted and manually updated. Updated successfully. Now to find out what was changed...added

Duke

Sent from my A500 using XDA Premium App

Last edited:

crummel

Dec 23, 2010
I reverted all renamed apks (like Email.apk and Phone.apk), unfroze disabled apks, I even unrooted my Iconia, rebooted it prior to updating, but the update still fails.

I've deleted some apks a while ago, but restored those files from a backup, but only the apk-files, no odex-files, assuming that those will get generated.

I will try the update later at home, where I have my power supply. Maybe it fails because of running from battery.

Reactions: invincible don1

cloudedone

Sep 20, 2010
Mine is a stock US 16GB WiFi model. The update failed the first time but worked when I manually asked it to update. It asked that I please keep it connected to the charger during update but I had 70% battery so I left it unplugged and it worked fine. I am now at the firmware version mentioned above.

When mine failed it happened immediately after downloading the update. It never rebooted into recovery to perform the flash. If its failing during the flashing step, my guess is that you've missed something when reverting everything. You'll probably have to dd a working image before proceeding or find out what app is screwed up / mismatched.

Last edited:

Alejandrissimo

Jan 12, 2011
unlock-bootloader.com
oh my gosh while Im reading this I said ****!n yeeeah updates!!!

and turn on screen of my iconia and I see this

update141.jpg

babyboy8100

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
www.youtube.com
After the 3rd failed attempt to update I remembered I had tried that netflix hack where you change your build.prop file soon as I chnged it back update success!!! So if you tried that netflix hack revert your file back to stock then try again. :)

swaggerjacker

Apr 18, 2011
My unit was running on battery at about 70%. Updated fine after I unfroze apps and rebooted.

Duke

Sent from my A500 using XDA Premium App

Alejandrissimo

Jan 12, 2011
unlock-bootloader.com
mmmm when update is installing, progress bar desapear and appears a exclamation simbol inside a triangle and when a500 start update fail.

is there a way to know which files are causing troubles with update? any log or something, I already unfreeze all apps with titanium

cptkirc

Jun 26, 2006
Munich
mmmm when update is installing, progress bar desapear and appears a exclamation simbol inside a triangle and when a500 start update fail.

is there a way to know which files are causing troubles with update? any log or something, I already unfreeze all apps with titanium

same here - maybe because i didn´t connect the charger because it´s at home

Alejandrissimo

Jan 12, 2011
unlock-bootloader.com
what the hell :mad:

its just about Link to adobe flash and link to facebook :mad::mad::mad:

****!in acer bullsh!t hahahahaha

If your update fails, just browse to /cache/recovery/last_log and view as text and there is all about sucess of failed update

Alejandrissimo

Jan 12, 2011
unlock-bootloader.com
what the hell :mad:

its just about Link to adobe flash and link to facebook :mad::mad::mad:

****!in acer bullsh!t hahahahaha

If your update fails, just browse to /cache/recovery/last_log and view as text and there is all about sucess of failed update

Ok progress bar still there :D after restore Linktoadobeflash and linktofacebook apks and odexes

I hope update do not fail again.

Update: Update sucess (or something like this but in spanish :D)

updatesuccess.jpg

Last edited:

ddelamareuk

Sep 17, 2009
Frankfurt
I have received the update to 1.141 on th emea cus7 version.

When checking /cache/recovery/last_log it tell me that "/system/app/AcerDLNA.apk" does not have the expected check sums...

Can anyone provide me with a download of this file from the EMEA Cus7 version?! :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Tried your C code with Tiny C Compiler but the output zip was only 1k in size.

Attached is the java class file. You need to unzip it and you will find a xtract.class file, then ensure you have jre/java installed on your computer and you just do
    Code:
    java xtract < Acer_original_update.zip >decoded.zip
    then just unzip the decoded.zip file. It will work with Windows/Linux/Mac or anything with Java installed.

NOTE: THE ARROWS < AND > are MANDATORY IN THE COMMAND SHOWN ABOVE. IT IS FOR THE INPUT AND OUTPUT FILE
    Alright Guys in the USA. I will be posting the .img files to fix your device or update your device to 1.141.07 if you have either used the chinese update fix or some other various fix that left you with a different boot image. The instructions are simple.

1. Connect your tablet to the computer via USB. Put the boot.img and the system.img on your SD Card. Also put the Update.zip then use a file explorer to move the update.zip to the root of your SD card. Which is external SD. If you use Astro. (Alternatively you can just take your SD card out and put it in your computer to put the update.zip.)

2. You need to first push the boot.img

-Open ADB type su then hit enter. (your device will prompt for superuser you must select allow) Then enter the command below.

dd if=/sdcard/boot.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p2 (hit Enter)

3. Then push the system.img

dd if=/sdcard/system.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p3

4. Force shutdown your device when those finish (as your screen may not turn on.)Then hold volume - and the power button to start the update.zip. Let it finish (Your device will reboot when it completes.

5. Enjoy the fact your device is back to stock and you can now update when future updates release.

To push the files you will need adb shell. If you dont know what that is look it up, It is part of the android development kit. Second these 2 commands will push the files to their proper mount block. You must push the boot.img first then the system.img These files are for the USA update 1.141.07 :D

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TNDCAYC8 - System.img

http://www.mediafire.com/?7b5llkk8bnmnd23 -Update.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/?3qahjh3twi6jc9t -Boot.img

I will check periodically on this thread if anyone has questions or needs Help. Guve a huge shout out to deckofficer54 as he is a co-worker and friend that dumped these files for me when I screwed my system up. :D
    Hi, can you just tell us from which ROM this update is made ? (for example : A500_1.105.01_EMEA_GEN3 to A500_1.141.01_EMEA_GEN3).

Thanks, this is important for updating (only from the same ROM).

USA 1.104.05_COM_GEN1

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App
    sweet, wifi stable, GPS, I got a location fix for the first time. I am happy
    I reverted all renamed apks (like Email.apk and Phone.apk), unfroze disabled apks, I even unrooted my Iconia, rebooted it prior to updating, but the update still fails.

I've deleted some apks a while ago, but restored those files from a backup, but only the apk-files, no odex-files, assuming that those will get generated.

I will try the update later at home, where I have my power supply. Maybe it fails because of running from battery.