[release] Schap's WM6 Pro 3.57a-CCS (with CHT/CHS/JPN support)

Search This thread

RickyLan

Jul 7, 2006
Hi all,

This is a ROM based on Schap's ROM with additional chinese/japanese support, it is still an english based rom but is capable to display chinese and japanese, I also added in the Tao's 10 Buttons Kaiser CommManager and some useful programs. However, the Advanced Configurator is not working because of the new commmanager.

Features:
* Everything from original ROM
* Default theme changed to HTC black theme
* Included Tao's 10 buttons Kaiser Comm Manager
* Patched wince.nls to support Chinese/Japanese/Korean (Korean will need extra fonts)
* mingliu.ac3 font for Chinese/Japanese display
* G4 SIP Changer for SIP configuration.
* GSFinder+ v1.04 for Explorer replacement
* ClearTemp v0.9.3
* PIM Backup v2.5.0.0
* HTC Network Wizard (apparently I found it not working after I upload this ROM :(, I will fix it up in the Schap's new upcoming ROM, sorry :( )
* Removed Automatic operator settings configuration, SuperBright (VJLumosIII), FieldTest 1.57
* Move VoIP Setting & Advanced Configuration Tools from Ext ROM to main ROM

credit goes to original Authors :)

for my reference only: Benchmark

anyway.. give it a try :p

http://www.sharebig.com/share.php?id=s12htpsovnrPtfYyu

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 1,502
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 235
  • lang.JPG
    lang.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 447
Last edited:

sesaru

Oct 15, 2006
Tokyo
Some questions:

-The most important:
* If I use for Japanese, what is the default, Hiragana or Romanji input? What is the default SIP?

-Other:
* Is it based on Schap's normal or lite one?
* How is the way to chose between CHT/CHS/JPN?

Thanks!

PS: Ask for help; I already have two doubts about Japanese support that maybe you van help me:
1º)I have Japanese I/O enabled, with "Roma/Kana" SIP by default (via SIP change of Sheult). But when I open a program, always "hiragana" write is default one, and I need to change to "romanji" (normal English input); but no I idea how to do it (><)
That isn't put "Keyboard" SIP for english input; it's Japanese input, but romanji by default. I hope I explain myself.
2º)Is there any way to make Pocket IE to work with Yahoo! Keitai (brose the Web pages of Yahoo! Keitai)

Last edited:

Mark_XDA

Mar 20, 2007
Keyboardlayout

Hi
how can I change the Keyboardlayout from English to German because I have German hardware?
Thanks

Penske MB

Feb 27, 2007
California
Great work!! why not reupload the HTC Network Wizard fixed??

BTW, any chance to use VP3G's V3.0 for CHT support??

Last edited:

yamchung

Jun 12, 2007
Do you mean this rom support both Traditional and Simplified Chinese when using some ebook reader such as isilo, etc? Thanks.

RickyLan

Jul 7, 2006
sesaru:
first of all, it does not contain any language specific SIP, therefore you can install the one you preferred... The ROM is based on the normal version, you dont have to switch in between chinese/japanese as the GUI is in English but support read/write in chinese/japanese.

in addition..
1. for the SIP problem, try http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=271008 , not sure if it works or not... just give it a try :p
2. as for the Yahoo! Keitai, I have no idea on how to access it, I tried to search on Google but there is no any information about how to connect it.. so.. :(

Mark_XDA:
Originally, the application Advanced Configuration Tools that comes with the ROM has the ability to change it for you, however, since I change the Comm Manager to the Kaiser looks, the program crashes everytime when we start it, so the only way to change it is to edit Registry manually...
you can find the answer in this page :)

moshmoshkelah:
There is no final or beta, Schap's ROM is final, but I will make a new one if a new ROM I like is released.

Penske MB:
I'm too lazy to pack another one... especially when my internet connection is only 1.5m/256... you know.. :p
VP3G? if you want I can quickly cook one for you, let me know which version you want (BBC or official)... :)

yamchung:
Oh well, I didnt really try to read an ebook... but to browse CHT (big5) and CHS (gb2312) websites are fine, so as long as the ebook program allow you to change encoding, it should be fine.

Penske MB

Feb 27, 2007
California
I can livw with any offical or BBC. My company just gave me a BB phone, so...

thanks in advance.

sesaru:
first of all, it does not contain any language specific SIP, therefore you can install the one you preferred... The ROM is based on the normal version, you dont have to switch in between chinese/japanese as the GUI is in English but support read/write in chinese/japanese.

in addition..
1. for the SIP problem, try http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=271008 , not sure if it works or not... just give it a try :p
2. as for the Yahoo! Keitai, I have no idea on how to access it, I tried to search on Google but there is no any information about how to connect it.. so.. :(

Mark_XDA:
Originally, the application Advanced Configuration Tools that comes with the ROM has the ability to change it for you, however, since I change the Comm Manager to the Kaiser looks, the program crashes everytime when we start it, so the only way to change it is to edit Registry manually...
you can find the answer in this page :)

moshmoshkelah:
There is no final or beta, Schap's ROM is final, but I will make a new one if a new ROM I like is released.

Penske MB:
I'm too lazy to pack another one... especially when my internet connection is only 1.5m/256... you know.. :p
VP3G? if you want I can quickly cook one for you, let me know which version you want (BBC or official)... :)

yamchung:
Oh well, I didnt really try to read an ebook... but to browse CHT (big5) and CHS (gb2312) websites are fine, so as long as the ebook program allow you to change encoding, it should be fine.

chris_khho

Aug 17, 2003
Thanks

Thanks a lot for that. Will try it out tonight. Can u do the same ROM for Trinity (D810) for Hong Kong users....?

Thanks again.

RickyLan

Jul 7, 2006
Penske MB:
Enjoy :)
Code:
http://www.megaupload.com/cn/?d=VU5RSKCS

chris_khho:
Sorry I'm not able to cook the ROM for Trinity as I dont have a D810 with me and I dont want to brick you guys mobile phone :(

chris_khho

Aug 17, 2003
Wisbar Font

When I use wisbar version 2.8, the font on the start menu and the bottom soft button seems to small. Any advices please?

(For normal (non-wisbar) start menu, the font is ok.)

Thanks.

RickyLan

Jul 7, 2006
Penske MB:
BBC version... but I don't know if it still works after I repack it :p

chris_khho:
Sorry I afraid I'm not able to answer this question to you as well :(, you can try to edit the theme file or edit your registry see if that help:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\nls]
"SystemLCID"=dword:00000404
change it to:
"SystemLCID"=dword:00000409

however, as for the D810 problem, what you can do is get a ROM you like in the Trinity section and use the chinese language pack available here
:)

rshen

Jan 3, 2006
Do you mind to explain how you add the chinese support to the ROM file? which kitchen are you using? and where did you find the win.nls file?

RickyLan

Jul 7, 2006
rshen:
I dont use any of the kitchen, I tried bepe's kitchen before however the CHT one didnt work well, so I decided to use cooked ROM and reheat again :p

all I do is,

1. use NBHextract to extract .nb from .nbh
2. use NBDump.bat to dump .nb file into a folder
3. put mingliu.ac3 and replace wince.nls into the folder
4. use koch's tools to edit default.hv / user.hv (registry)
5. use NBBuild.bat to build .nb file
6. use koch's tools to build from .nb file to .nbh file

that's all :)

Penske MB

Feb 27, 2007
California
Hi Rick,

2 small issue might need your help:

1. the Chinese music title will not display correctly while setting region to (Enlish United States), and I have to set to Taiwan or HK to display coeectly. But if I set region to Taiwan, the phone number will not display the way I wanted. For example: The regular view of any incoming call display as: (626) 555-7777, and it will only display as: 6265557777. No "()".

2. The phone address book does not display right on my Mercedes. The old version will shows address book and call history.

See if you can help out. This is an issue with all ROM with CHTsupport