[6-11-11][ROM] gingerbread-mt4g-deck [1.0][2.3.3 Stable][1.2u][2.3.4 Beta]

Search This thread

TrueBlue_Drew

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 10, 2010
Salt Lake City, Utah
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S7
Ohh., MT4G pick up another dev hehe thank you. Can you pull another dev that like Sense UI? :D

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA Premium App
out of curiosity, what other stuff do you want to see in a sense rom? I can think of severel people deving on sense roms right now here. You have everything from 2.1 to 3.0 pure sense to 2.2 and 2.3 MySense. With lots of themes and mods to run. What else would you like to see?

h0llyw00dj0e

May 18, 2008
Los Angeles
www.dev-host.org
out of curiosity, what other stuff do you want to see in a sense rom? I can think of severel people deving on sense roms right now here. You have everything from 2.1 to 3.0 pure sense to 2.2 and 2.3 MySense. With lots of themes and mods to run. What else would you like to see?

i think that just about everything is covered sense wise, people just want something new. know what I mean? the latest and greatest. should tell htc to get on sense 3.1 :)

epsix

Aug 29, 2010
@drew, i know.. i figure there's tons of dev over Evo 4G might as well pull them over here since tmobile giving mytouch 4g 4 free hehe.

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA Premium App

B

bretjrodgers

Whats different?

Change logs? Screen shots? I should install this ROM because I have no information about it? Oh, yeah, saw the 2 screenshots...looks like CM7

B

bretjrodgers

The last time I checked...CM7 did not have Sense.
The last time I checked, the developer is quoted as "Since the release of gingerbread to aosp, i moved AWAY from SENSE. There are things that i do MISS about SENSE, but the usability of the phone without it is just unmatched imho. Many people use or have used cyanogenmod. IMHO is a great open source project that has some of the best devs out there. I have always been more into the 'VANILLA' look opposed to the themed and aftermarket." Next time read before you reply. Oh, maybe that's why we need some screenshots and a changelog from the developer. Thanks dev!

S

sckboy78

I saw the changelog.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA Premium App

lowandbehold

Feb 26, 2011
Vandling, PA
The last time I checked, the developer is quoted as "Since the release of gingerbread to aosp, i moved AWAY from SENSE. There are things that i do MISS about SENSE, but the usability of the phone without it is just unmatched imho. Many people use or have used cyanogenmod. IMHO is a great open source project that has some of the best devs out there. I have always been more into the 'VANILLA' look opposed to the themed and aftermarket." Next time read before you reply. Oh, maybe that's why we need some screenshots and a changelog from the developer. Thanks dev!

Who is this guy? Don't use the ROM if you are going to cry about the dev...

S

sckboy78

Thanks for rom! Downloading now

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA App

S

sckboy78

Yeah...its sooo smooth! Lol

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA Premium App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey all. Been a while since my last release of anything, which was sense based, but I really wanted to start learning android and have a better perspective of it. I decided to dig a bit more into compiling android. Started horsing around with github and learned to start compiling my own builds from aosp wih the help from cmsrc, evervolv, and a few others githubs. Since the release of gingerbread to aosp, i moved away from sense. There are things that i do miss about sense, but the usability of the phone without it is just unmatched imho. Many people use or have used cyanogenmod. IMHO is a great open source project that has some of the best devs out there. I have always been more into the 'vanilla' look opposed to the themed and aftermarket. Recently i have been compiling gingerbread for the evo and mt4g and have had nothing but the best reviews. Basically the reason why i am here. Wondering if there was any interest in a few of my builds. Main reason from moving away from CM6/7 (cyanogenmod), ADW launcher and the extra added bloat(sorry) and themes. Battery life will always be one of my main concerns. Everything should work!

1.0 build is based off 2.3.3. (Thanks cm team) and cm kernel 2.6.32.28 (thanks cm team).

1.2u build is based off 2.3.4. (Thanks cm team) and cm kernel 2.6.32.28 (thanks cm team).

*!* By downloading any files, ROMs, and or apks, you verify that you have the appropriate licenses for all software contained within *!*

l assume no responsibility for any damage you may cause to your phone.

Before flashing your phone, please make sure you are completely rooted.
    For information about rooting, please go to:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=858996

Special Thanks to: CyanogenMod Team, and Team Win, where most of the source came from, preludedrew and evervolv team, which helped me tremendously get my feet off he ground with android. And the originals, Calkulin, No2Chem, GGuruUSA, Colonel00, Conflipper, AstainHellbring, LennySH, NexVision, CLHatch, Chainfire, JooJooBee666, and Polargoat for putting up with me for many years and always helping me out.

Donations are VERY much appreciated.

Want to donate but dont have any extra money? Check out some of our site's sponsors at http://www.dev-host.org

[size=+1]Please see post #2 for updates, changelogs, and news. durtyjoe will be maintaining the thread, please follow him @h0llyw00dj0e on twitter..[/size]
    [size=+1]For my personal updates, news, and my gibber jabber, please follow me @kushdeck on twitter..[/size]
    [size=+1]We now have an irc channel. Please join us @ #gingerbread-deck on freenode..[/size]

*Latest Downloads* Please help support your dev, check out our site's sponsors. Thanks. :)
    gingerbread mt4g 1.2u
    gingerbread mt4g 1.0
    gapps 5-3-2011
    gapps 5-3-2011 with Gtalk
    Gtalk 1.3 with Voice and Video

[size=+1]*Official thread and ALL Downloads*[/size]
    [size=+1]*Issue Tracker*[/size]
    [size=+1]*Changelog*[/size]

*Install Instructions*
    1. Reboot into recovery.
    2. *optional* make a nandroid backup.
    3. Wipe Everything.
    4. Flash gingerbread rom zip.
    5. DO NOT REBOOT YET.
    6. Flash gapps zip.
    6a. Flash Kernel *if you are using a custom kernel*
    7. Reboot.
    8. Enjoy gingerbread!

Enjoy,
    -deck
    Just to let everyone know that I will be providing support for this rom for kushdeck. I can be contacted on here via the forums/pm or twitter @h0llyw00dj0e

if you aren't doing a full wipe after each build you may need to do the following. if fully wiping ignore these steps.

1. wipe cache/dalvik
    2. flash rom
    3. flash gapps
    4. reboot
    5. after reboot you may need to re-enter your google and twitter information
    6. enjoy the rom (all previous data/information will remain)
    Wow, amazing, yet another dev for MT4G :D

he is a dev for the Evo, but has been building for the MT4G for a while and decided to release.
    1.2f just uploaded. if not wiping each time (if flash over previous release) wipe cache/dalvik, install rom, flash gapps, and reboot. Once you reboot you may need to enter your google and twitter info and everything should be ok.
    1.2r is up! I have spent so much time on the ns4g, i was neglecting my other phones :p Please help support this project, check out a few sponsors site's when downloading.

[size=+1]*Official thread and ALL Downloads*[/size]
    [size=+1]*Issue Tracker*[/size]
    [size=+1]*Changlog*[/size]

I hope you all enjoy.

-deck