[GUIDE]SuperOneClick - Root/Unroot Your Samsung Sidekick 4G (No CWM)

Search This thread

ayoteddy

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 5, 2009
This is a Guide to Easily Root and Unroot Your Sidekick 4G

-Preparing for Root

First, if you dont have them already get the Samsung Drivers for Windows to connect your phone to your PC.

x64
x86

Once you have the Drivers installed, proceed to rooting your device

-Rooting the Device

First you must have USB Debugging enabled. This can be done by starting at your home screen, select Settings > Applications > Development and then select USB Debugging so that a Check appears on the selection box. Then Connect it to your PC

At The Bottom Of This Page(@Shortfuse_org)You Will Find the Download for the latest SuperOneClick [v.1.9.1].
Once Downloaded, Extract the Contents of the Zip to a location of your choice.
Navigate to the Loction you extracted this folder to, Double click on the .exe file named SuperOneClick.exe.. Run the Application.

It Has a Very Basic and Simple Interface as shown Below.

iegqk3.png

Next, All you have to Do is Simply Click the Root Button
Let the App Run and it Will Let you know its Done by Giving you the Option to Test root. You can choose yes or no, your choice.

Then Reboot your Device to Complete the Root.

And thats it, your Device is Now Rooted.

If this guide was helpful, please use the thanks button.

Credits to XDA Member @CLShortFuse for this Brilliant Root App

mattpall

Apr 9, 2009
Great job teddy...

Can anyone confirm that unroot works as well?
Without a working odin image or nandroid I think its important in the event of a hardware issue.

Sent from my SGH-T839 using XDA App

Last edited:

ayoteddy

Jun 5, 2009
Nice guide. Looks like the one I made on AndroidSpin.com :p

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA App

haha its no coincidence i saw it and decided it'd be a good idea to post that method here since it doesnt flash an unstable recovery like the other method up here, also hope you dont mind that i used your snapshot of the app lol

krylon360

Retired Recognized Developer
May 10, 2010
Provo
www.teamwhiskey.com
No worries bud. Was just messing with you. Now that we got CWM final done for the SGS4G, im gonna start on cwm for the sk4g. Just had to many projects going on at the time

Reactions: sduvick

ayoteddy

Jun 5, 2009
No worries bud. Was just messing with you. Now that we got CWM final done for the SGS4G, im gonna start on cwm for the sk4g. Just had to many projects going on at the time

best news i heard this week. plenty of people over here looking forward to test including myself, got a thread in the general section and got some feedback from people who are willing to help progression with the CWM project. Thanks bro

K

Kuzar

Great job teddy...

Can anyone confirm that unroot works as well?
Without a working odin image or nandroid I think its important in the event of a hardware issue.

Same question: Can anyone confirm unroot? I'd love to root, but I want a way back out just in case.

ayoteddy

Jun 5, 2009
Same question: Can anyone confirm unroot? I'd love to root, but I want a way back out just in case.

i just re-rooted my phone from stock, testing the Unroot now

Edit: it seems unroot didnt work, though like mentioned above you would only want to unroot incase of hardware issue or you want t replace the phone wit T-Mo, but thats all good now cause i posted a working Odin image earlier.

Last edited:

ishred11

May 27, 2011
So cwm doesn't work for the sidekick 4g

Sent from Huawei Ascend rooted Cm 7/2.3.4 using Tapatalk

ayoteddy

Jun 5, 2009
Maybe it does work I only tried once ;

Ruki_Uki

May 7, 2010
Springfield
First off thank you for the easy root :) But now I have an issue, the SD card wont work, looks like it wont find the extension :( anyone know how to fix this? Ive used many different card and none read but I know all work. Without this I cant do a ROM :(

sduvick

Oct 15, 2010
MN
Try reformatting the card? Did they work before you rooted? do they work again if you unroot?

Ruki_Uki

May 7, 2010
Springfield
They worked before the root, I didn't unroot yet. When you out then in the phone and go to the SD card setting it shows nothing. Just says unavailable. So I can't even format it on the phone. I've formatted them in many ways on the pc too

HTC EVO = my best friend

sduvick

Oct 15, 2010
MN
did you try pulling out the sdcard and putting it back in? does it show a blank sdcard, or no sdcard at all?

badboi_zero

Jan 24, 2011
I cannot get # in adb. Only $. Can anyone tell me why? I rooted with this method and have smooth maximus v2.0 and bali kernel v2.0. Any ideas?

Edit: Nvm. I had to update the drivers with the ones here.

Last edited:

recepo1

May 29, 2010
Philly,PA
Im trying to root my phone and it keeps saying device not found after looping in superoneclick 1.9....i downloaded the 32 bit drivers because my computer is 32 bits tried to download the 64 bits but no way to install on my comp...i have usb debugging checked ....any suggestions anybody elese had a problem rooting it ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a Guide to Easily Root and Unroot Your Sidekick 4G

-Preparing for Root

First, if you dont have them already get the Samsung Drivers for Windows to connect your phone to your PC.

x64
    x86

Once you have the Drivers installed, proceed to rooting your device

-Rooting the Device

First you must have USB Debugging enabled. This can be done by starting at your home screen, select Settings > Applications > Development and then select USB Debugging so that a Check appears on the selection box. Then Connect it to your PC

At The Bottom Of This Page(@Shortfuse_org)You Will Find the Download for the latest SuperOneClick [v.1.9.1].
    Once Downloaded, Extract the Contents of the Zip to a location of your choice.
    Navigate to the Loction you extracted this folder to, Double click on the .exe file named SuperOneClick.exe.. Run the Application.

It Has a Very Basic and Simple Interface as shown Below.

iegqk3.png

Next, All you have to Do is Simply Click the Root Button
    Let the App Run and it Will Let you know its Done by Giving you the Option to Test root. You can choose yes or no, your choice.

Then Reboot your Device to Complete the Root.

And thats it, your Device is Now Rooted.

If this guide was helpful, please use the thanks button.

Credits to XDA Member @CLShortFuse for this Brilliant Root App
    Nice guide. Looks like the one I made on AndroidSpin.com :p

great almost to easy thanks
    Hi guys I just got my sidekick and after I root it suseccessfuly I had a big issue my mic dosnt work only it work on speaker I unroot it and the issue percisted I don't know it was causesed on the rooting or the phone just came with that difect I unrooted and I send it back to tmobile to have it exchange just wanted to post this issues for future reference

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using xda premium