By mistadman, Senior Member on 15th November 2010, 06:16 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th May 2011, 04:14 AM |#331  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 87

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorW

Now that I've got a backup, how do I verify the contents? I'm sure I can hand-check the MD5s, but how to inspect the contents?

Not sure about Windows, but if you are running Linux, it's a pretty trivial task to mount or extract the images produced using the unyaffs tool. Is this what you are trying to accoumplish? If so, I will post some instruction in this thread.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mistadman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mistadman Ad-Free

30th May 2011, 04:16 AM |#332  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheManii

Could you make it so the menus display by default?

I've had many, many users get confused upon installing streakmod because they menus arnt visible initially and get confused thinking they installed it incorrectly.

If there is enough interest with your request, this could be done.
30th May 2011, 05:17 AM |#333  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:

If you are running Linux, it's a pretty trivial task to mount or extract the images produced using the unyaffs tool.

Excellent. unyaffs unpacked the cache, data, firstboot and system images, and unpack-bootimg.pl was able to unpack the boot and recovery images. So, it looks like a good backup.
30th May 2011, 09:45 AM |#334  

More
Damn, damn, I bricked my Streak when flashing the dsp1.mbn for SD 1.9.0. XP sees it as a device which QDLtool doesn't recognise. Any ideas on how to fix it? Thx, Warren

Edit: Thank goodness for the web, I found what I needed to fix the problem here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	unknown.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	5.2 KB
ID:	611166  
The Following User Says Thank You to DoctorW For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DoctorW Ad-Free
31st May 2011, 04:42 PM |#335  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Another unlucky one here stuck on the 'Backing Up firstboot' option.....2.2.2 with BB 351.

Hope this gets solved sometime soon.
31st May 2011, 05:11 PM |#336  
Flag Copenhagen

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistadman

If there is enough interest with your request, this could be done.

Also think this would be a good idea.

Sent from my Dell Streak using XDA App
31st May 2011, 10:58 PM |#337  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Currently Reverse Engineering 42
Thanks Meter: 1,790

More
or even a "PRESS THE POWER BUTTON AND CHOOSE OPTION 2" would be good...
31st May 2011, 11:53 PM |#338  
OP Senior Member

More
Wink New update posted
Ok, gang!

A new update has been posted: v0.3.2.7-DoctorWFix. Let me know your experience. I am unable to verify due to the fact I do not directly own the Dell Streak anymore, but I will work--with help from this community--to ensure it performs the functions that are essential to what most users expect from a recovery.

Also, if any one is interested helping me to manage this project, please contact me. I have received a lot of suggestions of the last few months, and would like to see some of them implemented.

Of course, DoctorW will be my first choice if he so graciously accepts this assignment! :)
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mistadman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mistadman Ad-Free
1st June 2011, 12:02 AM |#339  
Thanks Meter: 376

More
Just got past backing up firstboot on 339...looks like all is good with the latest recovery!

Edit: full nandroid successful on 339
1st June 2011, 01:39 AM |#340  
Thanks Meter: 98

More
gonna try 354 and report back.

running now.. appears to be working.. :)

screw titanium backup..it sucks
1st June 2011, 01:56 AM |#341  
Thanks Meter: 108

More
Full nandroid BU working on streakdroid 1.9.0 with engineered BB for gingerstreak 2.0.0. Haven't tried restore yet.

Nice work mistadman and DoctorW!

kraz
The Following User Says Thank You to krazman325 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift krazman325 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)