[BOUNTY]Using PSX Images With Native Emulator / $400 + Xperia X1

Search This thread

Clyzm

Jun 28, 2010
Toronto
Emulator isn't running ISO files, it's running specially packed zpacks which we have to investigate.

Zpack link is up. I'll try to find the emulator itself with root explorer later and see if I can dump the APK.

Emulator link. I think anyway. Not 100% sure if this is the emulator itself or just the app that accesses the store for PSX games.

edit: Just checked by uninstalling Playstation pocket. It is just a store app, I was still able to launch Crash Bandicoot after uninstalling it. If anyone has a better idea as to which app (if any) the PSX emulator may be, please post.

Last edited:
Reactions: Atlas51

Blagus

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 10, 2010
Maybe it's built in Android system natively, not through some APK?
Are you able to run the zpak through file manager? How do you actually run it?

Clyzm

Jun 28, 2010
Toronto
Maybe it's built in Android system natively, not through some APK?
Are you able to run the zpak through file manager? How do you actually run it?

The game seems to be separately installed through an APK file. I'll find that one in a second for crash.

edit:

http://www.multiupload.com/MBMJGLUYND

Heading off to work now so I won't be able to look into it further right this second.

Last edited:

Mills00013

Oct 12, 2007
The way that I'm seeing this thing running is that every game will come with a playstation emulator built into the apk for the game. Which is why this is going to be so difficult. The only application on the phone that is the "playstaion emulator" is the actual crash application apk itself. when this apk is opened, its just like any other compiled apk.

My guess is it goes like this. An entire emulator is packed and compiled with a specific reference to a game fingerprint or signature into an apk. the first time you open, it connects to a download link, downloads the signed iso (which is a .ps here) in the zpack and the emulator opens it.

Every time you get a game, you will be downloading a completely new emulator.

Oh an this isn't what I'm concluding based on reading other posts, this is self conclusion after spending a few hours last night screwing with the files and seeing what kind of damage I can do.

Clyzm

Jun 28, 2010
Toronto
This is actually a really good point. If you take your typical PC emulator, using PCSX2 (a Playstation 2 emulator) as an example, it's about 11MB in size. The .apk file for Crash Bandicoot is about 5MB in size, and seems to be enough to house a well optimized PSX emulator.

Dousan

Aug 9, 2010
Copenhagen
I had a look in /system/app last night and saw two apk's, 'playstationpocket.apk's 1.03 mb and 'semcsuite.apk' 1.27 mb. Could the 'semcsuite' be the actual emulater?
I'm no dev so have no clue what to look for :eek:

Regards Dousan...

e: they have the same icon when seen in /system/app.

Last edited:

FrAsErTaG

May 22, 2009
Canberra
I had a look in /system/app last night and saw two apk's, 'playstationpocket.apk's 1.03 mb and 'semcsuite.apk' 1.27 mb. Could the 'semcsuite' be the actual emulater?
I'm no dev so have no clue what to look for :eek:

Regards Dousan...

e: they have the same icon when seen in /system/app.

rename semcsuite.apk to semcsuite.apk.bak using root explorer and test if the game still works...if not rename back
id do it myself although ive stripped my play down the bare minimum that I have 120mb internal space with all my stuff installed..

Dousan

Aug 9, 2010
Copenhagen
rename semcsuite.apk to semcsuite.apk.bak using root explorer and test if the game still works...if not rename back
id do it myself although ive stripped my play down the bare minimum that I have 120mb internal space with all my stuff installed..

Renamed it and crash b is still working.

Regards Dousan...

Blagus

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 10, 2010
Then yeah, every game's APK is emulator that runs zpak... but zpak is not iso, and image.ps is in some special format and hasn't got readable text - probably encrypted, as pointed out earlier...
On other devices APK can be installed, and zpak is run once copied to SD card.

sdlaurin

May 1, 2011
Guess it isnt possible emu is on a rom chip just for the pay?

Sent from my R800a using XDA Premium App

Logseman

Nov 22, 2010
Tenerife
logseman.svbtle.com

Why don't you release that light set-up as an .ftf or a fastboot flashable .img, and put the additional content in another file? I think that would fill up a need for some people.

Mills00013

Oct 12, 2007
The trick here and the goal that we all need to focus on here is not the apk, or even the emulator. I think the goal is to figure out a way to emulate the .ps file. We need to figure out how they made it or compiled it and see if we can get our ISO's to read out the same way. The crash .ps file is about 550mb. That is very very close to the actual ISO size which leads me to believe there is no compression on this file, its just been thrown through a compiler. Once we can figure out how to make a .ps image, it should be a drop in replacement.

zerojay

Aug 3, 2010
The trick here and the goal that we all need to focus on here is not the apk, or even the emulator. I think the goal is to figure out a way to emulate the .ps file. We need to figure out how they made it or compiled it and see if we can get our ISO's to read out the same way. The crash .ps file is about 550mb. That is very very close to the actual ISO size which leads me to believe there is no compression on this file, its just been thrown through a compiler. Once we can figure out how to make a .ps image, it should be a drop in replacement.

All executables have been run through a compiler. The image.ps file is encrypted, meaning good luck trying to get regular ISO files running.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Who ever is good at reversing should take a look at libjava-activity.so. All crypto functions are in there for instance :
    Code:
    PsCrypt_GetImageToc
    PsCrypt_GetImageTocLength
    PsCrypt_GetPS1RomData
    PsCrypt_GetPS1RomLength
    zpCryptoHelperDecrypt
    zpCryptoHelperInitialize
    and many more. There are also some interesting strings like:
    Code:
    DEFAULT_KEY     DCB "6FDF7334CD2AA96FC3FCEAB7300BEF8B"
    Which is used in the zpCryptoHelperInitialize function i think.
    What about SE's emulator on the phone? Is it in a form of APK?
    Manual should be, logically, manual. Can you upload it somewhere and PM me the link?

Uploading it right now. Should be up in about 1.5-2 hours.
    I don't know if anyone has said this or not but I think the PSX games are Ports and not emulated. Otherwise we would have a huge list of games already.

No. The games are emulated, as it happens on the PSP or the PS3. If there are not so much games available is because you have to re-license the game for the Playstation Suite, and that costs money.
    asymmetric encryption is used in ps3 for signing only, read my last two post about bypassing signing checks. Try encrypting 500mb in RSA or ECDSA, or read here about asymmetric encryption:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public-key_cryptography#Computational_cost

And yes, I need zpak for a game other than crash to compare it with crash and do some experiments.
    I can buy Syphon Filter and send you the .zpak. Will it be good for you?

I was thinking of buying it anyways, but if I can shoot two birds with a stone... :)
    the game file is .zpack and cant open with winzip or winrar