[RECOVERY] 100% working ClockworkMod Recovery for Infuse 4G

Search This thread

gtg465x

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 16, 2008
This is 100% working. All partitions are mapped correctly and the SD cards mount properly.

Instructions (Method 1):
1) Place the zip file on your INTERNAL SD card and rename it "update.zip".
2) Boot into modded 3e recovery and choose "Reinstall Packages". You may have to do this twice the first time.

Instructions (Method 2):
1) Install ROM Manager from the Market and select "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery"
2) Select "Galaxy S i9000" (The partitions are identical. I checked.)

Disclaimer: This is not an official CWM recovery from Koush.

Attachments

• recovery-clockwork-2.5.1.2-infuse.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 58,235
Last edited:

LabiaSlayer

Oct 6, 2010
ROM Manager

Is there any way to tell ROM Manager that you have CWM installed and use it's functionality? Or do we have to wait for the official?

gtg465x

Jun 16, 2008
Is there any way to tell ROM Manager that you have CWM installed and use it's functionality? Or do we have to wait for the official?

Hint: I compared our partition tables to those of the original Galaxy S and they are identical, so just select the "Galaxy S" recovery in ROM Manager.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA Premium App

Reactions: LabiaSlayer

coopas

May 26, 2011
If I installed CWM already before this version (selected Captivate on the menu) and I have Infused 1.1.1 installed, what do I need to do?

First Android phone, have enough paperweights laying around, don't need another ;)...

hoofadoo

Aug 8, 2010
RI
This is 100% working. All partitions are mapped correctly and the SD cards mount properly.

Instructions (Method 1):
2) Boot into modded 3e recovery and choose "Reinstall Packages". You may have to do this twice the first time.

Instructions (Method 2):

Really? this zip you provided is just the Galaxy S i9000 flash? Bravo sir, for finding this out

Reactions: dgrebe

h8rift

Jun 29, 2010
Good call! i'll decommission my other CWM thread to alleviate confusion. :)

LabiaSlayer

Oct 6, 2010
Hint: I compared our partition tables to those of the original Galaxy S and they are identical, so just select the "Galaxy S" recovery in ROM Manager.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA Premium App

I chose "Galaxy S Captivate", it seems to work. Would "Galaxy S i9000" be a better choice?

Thanks for the help and the ROM!

hoofadoo

Aug 8, 2010
RI
Just a quick question, What are the (MTD) versions of the flashes? I dont use them, because it comes up with a warning before flashing, but im just curious

crawlgsx

Jun 21, 2007
Maine, USA
Good stuff! W

Why are we on an "old" version of CWM? (ie: with Inspire I was on 3.** with the orange text). Just different versions due to hardware or ?

h8rift

Jun 29, 2010
Just a quick question, What are the (MTD) versions of the flashes? I dont use them, because it comes up with a warning before flashing, but im just curious

MTD is for CM7 users on SGS. They completely changed the formatting that Samsung put down, so they needed a recovery that was modded to work with the different partition table and filesystem.

Reactions: hoofadoo

VtHondaGuy08

Jun 27, 2010
Burlington, Vt
To do the second "method" do you need to have the modded 3e recovery installed? I tried it without and and it didn't work. If you don't need it any ideas on how to get it to work??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Instructions (Method 1):

Instructions (Method 2):

Can someone help, neither method is working.

this is a late reply but in case you've not figured it out:

I'm guessing that your location shows that you're in Toronto, CN. You're prolly running Roger's 2.3.3.
    You may need to find the Roger's method or use odin or heimdall to flash a GB kernel in download mode to get your cwm recovery.

If you're not sure what I'm talking about, you may need to read up a bit
    I chose "Galaxy S Captivate", it seems to work. Would "Galaxy S i9000" be a better choice?

Thanks for the help and the ROM!

Yes. Do not choose Captivate. The Captivate recovery is not fully compatible with the Infuse and you will have problems.
    I used root explorer to DELETE the "recovery" in the root of the phone. It keeps coming back. I have a copy of the new recovery and fixed the permissions like in the video, it stays put in system/bin with the permissions fixed. I have repeatedly tried to use root explorer to delete the "recovery" in the root of the phone but it will only stay gone until I reboot into recovery, and it's the blue recovery and there is NO OPTION for "reinstall packages".

See the screen shots from mejori

My exact same problem exactly. And yes I soft bricked it and used Heimdall Odin on this handset before, and wonder if that isn't what's causing it to fail?

if it says "apply update from sdcard" instead of "reinstall packages" then you are on a gb rom. this doesn't work on the gb rom. the stock gb kernel prevents it. using initramfs inplace of a boot.img allows Samsung to block certain things. you will have to flash a modded kernel for cwm, that's how it works.
    You win +1 internet. Thank you.