TouchWiz4 for Gingerbread Tab (Deodexed only) Updated 05/13

Search This thread

jutley

Mar 23, 2006
UK
All works fine here on latest overcome rom wow looks great on 182dpi.

Edit hope we can see a update on this brilliant touchwiz 4 for tab great work keep it up.
Edit i just got a force close can you look into this seems a shame a great homesceen replacment if you can iron out the bugs hope to see a update soon thanks.
Edit the problem seems to be when you hold and press on a blank spot on the desktop it freezes and force closes this must be a simple fix i hope apart from this small bug it works fine just dont press on a blank space on the desktop remeber you can add widgets from the menu key so no need to hold down on desktop again hope this can be fixed soon.

Last edited:

seah0rse

Apr 22, 2011
Awesome - how do I go back to original TW

Just tried this with overcome gold - it is brilliant - good work porting it! Hope it makes it into overcome ROM for next release.

But for me I need my screen rotation back.. How do I revert to my original TW? I have fully backed up with titanium backup b4 I added this mod.

Appreciate the help.:D

Last edited:

zakariae

Sep 24, 2008
Amsterdam
All works fine here on latest overcome rom wow looks great on 182dpi.

Edit hope we can see a update on this brilliant touchwiz 4 for tab great work keep it up.
Edit i just got a force close can you look into this seems a shame a great homesceen replacment if you can iron out the bugs hope to see a update soon thanks.
Edit the problem seems to be when you hold and press on a blank spot on the desktop it freezes and force closes this must be a simple fix i hope apart from this small bug it works fine just dont press on a blank space on the desktop remeber you can add widgets from the menu key so no need to hold down on desktop again hope this can be fixed soon.

Same issue here!
Its a very good homescreen replacement, please fix!!
Thank you very much !!!!!!

sohrab1985

Feb 26, 2011
I know people have different taste, but wiche one do you prefer, TW launcher or some other things like Launcher Pro.

mssmison

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 23, 2008
Google Pixel 5
Hey guys, I've stopped working on this while I'm working on my custom launcher for tabs which supports froyo Ginger and has some awesome honeycomb features. Ill maybe come back to this once its finished.. what is crap though is how Samsung copied the hc launcher for the appwidget picker but we can't because we don't get to see the honeycomc source! /end rant :)
Anyways stay tuned for the launcher I'm working on.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA App

arnelgiga

Jan 21, 2011
San Jose, Occ. Mindoro
Hey guys, I've stopped working on this while I'm working on my custom launcher for tabs which supports froyo Ginger and has some awesome honeycomb features. Ill maybe come back to this once its finished.. what is crap though is how Samsung copied the hc launcher for the appwidget picker but we can't because we don't get to see the honeycomc source! /end rant :)
Anyways stay tuned for the launcher I'm working on.

Can't wait to try your new project. Seems need to wait and forget to try tw 4.0

rainbow ng

Oct 1, 2010
Has anyone been able to get the apks to install?

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA Premium App

not install but to replace the original touchwiz30launcher.apk inside /system/app/

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=13904101
post #55 of this thread

I use 240 with 2.3.3

before u try , I strongly recommend u install a third party launcher from the market if u are not familiar with adb .

Last edited:

biocalves

Dec 3, 2010
not install but to replace the original touchwiz30launcher.apk inside /system/app/

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=13904101
post #55 of this thread

I use 240 with 2.3.3

before u try , I strongly recommend u install a third party launcher from the market if u are not familiar with adb .

Sorry I should've clarified. I meant has anyone had success installing the sgs2 specific apks that were posted.

Pharaohnough

Mar 12, 2007
Cairo
POCO M3 Pro / Redmi Note 10 5G
Sorry I should've clarified. I meant has anyone had success installing the sgs2 specific apks that were posted.

I tried the APKs from the SGS2 forum a while back when they first surfaced and they worked fine on my Tab. The only way they would install was by pushing them with ADB through with remount (I did it from Recovery)

btyork

Apr 16, 2010
Texas
Has any work been done to enable landscape mode for this? The sgs guys got it to work, was going someone here would as well. I see the OP us working on something else, anyone else with modding skills think they can enable this?

Sent from my "better than an iPad" tab... Running Overcome GINGERBREAD!!!

Pharaohnough

Mar 12, 2007
Cairo
POCO M3 Pro / Redmi Note 10 5G
Has any work been done to enable landscape mode for this? The sgs guys got it to work, was going someone here would as well. I see the OP us working on something else, anyone else with modding skills think they can enable this?

Sent from my "better than an iPad" tab... Running Overcome GINGERBREAD!!!

So it actually works in landscape on the SGS2? Maybe it will work on the Tab then? As I said the first SGS2 apk worked on my Tab without any hassle. I will try later :)

Sent from my Galaxy Tab using Overcome Hermes

Top Liked Posts