USB OTG or HOST on the incredible.

12 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

By gowthamj, Junior Member on 11th August 2010, 04:26 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th May 2011, 06:37 AM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Trying another route, I downgraded my incredible to stock 2.1 (rooted), and grabbed the usbhost-modules.tgz file from the BEAT project. They provide an update.zip that includes both their zImage and modules. I flashed it, rebooted, and attempted to load their usb drivers. usbcore.ko loaded fine, but ehci-hcd.ko fails. dmesg says that the driver "msm_hsusb" is already registered, so ehci-hcd can't load. For fun, I loaded the usbhid.ko driver as well, and that succeeded, but needless to say my hub/keyboard don't work. So I then grabbed the official source from HTC's site, patched it with the patch the BEAT project provided, compiled with the config they provided, and loaded the kernel/modules onto my phone. Again, same exact issue. I don't understand what would make their setup work but not mine. Anyone have any ideas?
5th June 2011, 10:48 PM |#32  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Largely a bump I guess.

I am running cm7 experimental 90 with chad's 04192011 kernel and am tossing together the hardware needed for testing. I have zero interest in anything sense.

I have no experience with building kernels as of yet, though OTG is something that is worth learning it for.

Same controller as the nexus one, sven seems to think it can/does work.. I just hope we can get it going.

I guess at this point if you post what you've got so far I'll try to work *learn* my way into being of some help here.

Edit:

I am going to do my reading and come back, so maybe this is completely invalid - but the only difference I can come up with between the nexus one and the inc, is the 6gigs of internal space. I need to do some looking around, but my guess *read as, wild-shoot into the dark about something I know not of* is that it runs of the same controller as USB. Could there be a conflict caused by that difference that has not been resolved yet?
The Following User Says Thank You to user_error For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift user_error Ad-Free
8th June 2011, 07:14 PM |#33  
cchina
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Mark +1

Sent from my Optimized Inc using XDA App
11th July 2011, 11:00 PM |#34  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
has anyone gotten a USB hub to work on the incredible, yet? was looking to use a usb keyboard/mouse and video output over usb
26th August 2011, 03:05 AM |#35  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thumbs up
Add me to the list of hopefuls. My DInc is still my only phone, so I don't think I can help test, unless there's no wiping between test and restore.

And I know I can't test from raw code, I have no idea exactly how to build and package it.

Where can I find the right cable?

If you guys get this running, it would be amazing! (Hoping to use it with DSLR Controller)
26th August 2012, 10:03 AM |#36  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wulfe

Add me to the list of hopefuls. My DInc is still my only phone, so I don't think I can help test, unless there's no wiping between test and restore.

And I know I can't test from raw code, I have no idea exactly how to build and package it.

Where can I find the right cable?

If you guys get this running, it would be amazing! (Hoping to use it with DSLR Controller)

I also bought the cable for DSLR controller for my Incredible S. But no luck so far. Did you got it working or any pointer.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)