[GAME] Magic Point - test your BRAIN

Search This thread

tum0rc0re

Nov 22, 2008
post-2-1307422255.png

JQ Soft presents our first game - Magic Point.

Magic Point is an interesting test-game for your brain.

Test your logic, show to your friends and compare who is the best.

The goal of game is to continue certain sequence.

Version: 1.1.0

What's new in 1.1.0:

- Wakelock has added
- Russian UI has added
- Some bugs on QVGA-devices were fixed

Android Market Link

post-2-1307422070.png
post-2-1307422096.png

post-2-1307422075.png
post-2-1307422080.png

Last edited:
Reactions: kobyz and syamsoul

k4p741nkrunch

Jun 14, 2010
Florida
I love this style of game! I'm going to try this out for you ASAP.

Personally I prefer desktop market links. I can click on install on my PC and have it on my phone before I even pick it up!

Edit: I just beat all 10 levels. Needs moar challenge (or a timer to see who can finish them fastest!)
As far as presentation goes I'm giving you a 9/10. Fantastic job on the minimalist design. Gameplay could be made more interesting if you only flashed the images on screen for a second each. That would be a memory challenge as well. Still I'd give you a 8/10 in that category. Content is a little limited, I don't know if it's expended in the full version. Thanks for sharing!

Last edited:

Tricky-Design

Oct 23, 2006
www.tricky-design.nl
Comments

I've reviewed the free version.

I agree with k4p741nkrunch.

• The levels are a bit too easy. They don't become much harder during the first 10 levels.
  • A timer or something to compete with others would be a addition to the game.
  • Please enable the wakelock, so the phone doens't falls back to the lockscreen when you're not paying attention to the game.

I like the design, maybe it would be nice if the user could select the preferred color.
The game play is also good, very simple an smooth.

tum0rc0re

Nov 22, 2008
Thanks a lot for your opinion and for your suggestions :)

I love this style of game! I'm going to try this out for you ASAP.

Personally I prefer desktop market links. I can click on install on my PC and have it on my phone before I even pick it up!

Edit: I just beat all 10 levels. Needs moar challenge (or a timer to see who can finish them fastest!)
As far as presentation goes I'm giving you a 9/10. Fantastic job on the minimalist design. Gameplay could be made more interesting if you only flashed the images on screen for a second each. That would be a memory challenge as well. Still I'd give you a 8/10 in that category. Content is a little limited, I don't know if it's expended in the full version. Thanks for sharing!

tum0rc0re

Nov 22, 2008
Thanks for your suggestions )) I will add wakelock in next version. Thanks :)

I've reviewed the free version.

I agree with k4p741nkrunch.

• The levels are a bit too easy. They don't become much harder during the first 10 levels.
  • A timer or something to compete with others would be a addition to the game.
  • Please enable the wakelock, so the phone doens't falls back to the lockscreen when you're not paying attention to the game.

I like the design, maybe it would be nice if the user could select the preferred color.
The game play is also good, very simple an smooth.

fifarunnerr

Sep 7, 2010

Yes, it doesn't work that well on QVGA(Wildfire) devices. I can press one of them, and it'll come with a toast. But if it's correct, I can't press the Next Level button(at least, i guess it tries to tell me "Next Level")

magicpoint.png

That's what I can see on my wildfire, I can't press the text, and those dots need to be a little bit higher(I discovered that is for next/previous level).

Also I'd like auto-advance to the next level when it's correct.

tum0rc0re

Nov 22, 2008
We have released new version 1.1.0.

What's new:

- Wakelock has added
- Russian UI has added

NolFito

Aug 21, 2010
I got the paid version. 10 levels is too short (I imagine it'll expand). It took me about 2 minutes to finish (I got 8 of them right on the first try).

It would be awesome if in later levels it also included abstract reasoning questions beyond those dots. Spatial reasoning questions would also be great.

I Agree with Tricky-Design, custom color background would be awesome, specially if there is true black for those of us with OLED screens (SGS).

Looking forward for further updates :D

PS I also expected for the game to automatically forward me to the next level after I successfully complete a puzzle. It's a bit weird to have to tap the arrow.

Last edited:

tum0rc0re

Nov 22, 2008
Thanks for your suggestions :) We will add more levels in next version.

I got the paid version. 10 levels is too short (I imagine it'll expand). It took me about 2 minutes to finish (I got 8 of them right on the first try).

It would be awesome if in later levels it also included abstract reasoning questions beyond those dots. Spatial reasoning questions would also be great.

I Agree with Tricky-Design, custom color background would be awesome, specially if there is true black for those of us with OLED screens (SGS).

Looking forward for further updates :D

PS I also expected for the game to automatically forward me to the next level after I successfully complete a puzzle. It's a bit weird to have to tap the arrow.

prsguitaruser

Feb 18, 2011
I could only get the Lite version, but I enjoyed it. I would also love to see harder levels as the game progresses, and I too was expecting it to advance me to the next level already, but it's a very good start to a cool game. My only suggestion would be to have a scoring system of some sort, maybe based on the amount of tries(and/or time) it takes to solve the puzzle.

I did not encounter any bugs or glitches with this game, if it helps. Played on a rooted Droid Eris running Gingerbread 2.3.4 (GSB3.5).

tum0rc0re

Nov 22, 2008
prsguitaruser, thanks :) I already think about new levels. Automatic next level will be in next version, thanks for this suggestion.

tum0rc0re

Nov 22, 2008
I have released new version 1.2.0:

- New 10 levels
- Auto-run of next level after a completion of previous level

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    post-2-1307422255.png

JQ Soft presents our first game - Magic Point.

Magic Point is an interesting test-game for your brain.

Test your logic, show to your friends and compare who is the best.

The goal of game is to continue certain sequence.

Version: 1.1.0

What's new in 1.1.0:

- Wakelock has added
    - Russian UI has added

Android Market Link

post-2-1307422070.png
    post-2-1307422096.png

post-2-1307422075.png
    post-2-1307422080.png